Missing

WORST COUPLE

Kim Taehyung is absent today.

“Do you know where he goes?” I asked Chaerin who was munching her snack next to me. Lucky her, no matter how much she eats she won’t get any fatter, I swear.

She looked at me like I was the weirdest person in this world. “And you didn’t even bother about him since yesterday? What happened?”

“Hey I’m just asking.” I answered while making a face.

I don’t know how to explain this. Since yesterday he was being so nice to me, I kept on thinking about him. There is nothing so attractive about him, only his pure intention on being my buddy.

“Anyway I heard a rumor someone was almost bullied yesterday.” Chaerin stared suspiciously at me. Oh I forgot about that one. She knows everything. I know she does.

"It was okay Chaerin. I can take care of it.”

“Yeah that’s fine.” She said. She then took a look at the girl who almost bully me and impatiently tapped her finger on table. “But don’t think she can run away next time. I will really kill them.”

I laughed. It feels so nice when you know someone is standing next to your side and never let you down.


 

It’s been a week and I’ve never seen him again since that day. Where did he go? Nobody knows. I’m afraid something happened to him. What if he is an orphan and has no place to go when in danger? During that time we had lunch together he said he lives alone and he never mentioned his parents.

God I really need to stop thinking about other person’s business.

“Where are you going?” Chaerin asked as I quickly packed my things when the school bell rang. I usually wait for her but today I seemed to be in a hurry.

I can’t tell her yet about my plan to visit Kim Taehyung so I told her I need to go home faster because dad has a fever and I need to take care of him. Chaerin said she wants to visit but I quickly found a reason that dad wants to take a lot of rest.

Chaerin let me go first without any suspicion.

I’m planning to go to Taehyung’s place today. I kept on worrying about him and this bother me too much. It’s okay to care, right? I’m his friend after all. What friends are for? Friends will always be there to help you when you’re in trouble.

I walked to the place where he brought me before: the underground club. I don’t really like that place but I’m still going anyway. It was getting dark and I was hesitated whether to keep on going or just go home and take a visit tomorrow. But I decided to keep on going anyway.

I carefully walked down the stairs to the underground club. Even from the outside I could hear the loud music and that got my head dizzy. Still, I found my way in and I saw people were dancing. It’s night already, that’s why this club is getting crazier and crazier. I bet I need to lie to dad and told him I’m at Chaerin’s place right now. He will get a heart attack knowing his daughter is at some kind of underground club.

I confusedly looked around. The party lamp blurred my vision and I can’t see properly. It was almost dark and I hardly see anything so to find the way toward that room is pretty much a really hard task.

Someone hold my shoulder from the back and I froze. Who it was? Taehyung? Or a bad person trying to harm me?

“Hey!” I heard him called me, yelling.

I turned around slowly and found out it wasn’t Taehyung, or a random bad person. It was the rapper. Taehyung’s hyung. The one who supposed to eat lunch with Taehyung but he is too busy nowadays.

“Hyu… Hyung…” I unconsciously called him. He stared at me weirdly and the burst in laughter. I bet he knew what I was saying from the movement of my lips. This room is way too noisy to hear each other voice.

He leaded me to one of the tables and told me to sit down. He then sat next to me. I can tell he is a nice person, since Taehyung talked about him a lot.

“What are you doing here?” he yelled to me. His voice is so deep no wonder he is a rapper.

“I’m looking for Taehyung!” I yelled back. Oh I hate yelling but I guess I have no other choice in this noisy room.

“He isn’t here!” He yelled back again. I widened my eyes and stared at him, helpless. So the long way I’ve been walking through turned out to be useless. I actually spent my time walking to this far away club and got nothing in change.

He saw me hesitated and smiled. His smile has a calming effects, he looks like my dad to be honest.

“Where is he then?” I asked back.

“I can’t tell you just like that.”

“I will treat you drink some time later.”

He looked at me again and laughed. “That works.”

He wrote something on a small piece of paper and gave it to me. It was an address. It must be Taehyung’s address. Thinking about it should I go that far, going to his apartment?

“Thankyou, hyung!” I yelled and ready to go but he held my hand again.


 

“What kind of girl walking alone at this kind of time.” He said. He sounds like he is nagging and that’s cute. Hyung decided to take me by his car to Taehyung’s apartment. He is so kind I really need to treat him some drink later.

I looked to his side and found him driving handsomely. I need to say he is quickly become my favorite person right after dad and Chaerin and Taehyung now. He seems so reliable, something about him told me that he will never do something bad.

“That’s okay, hyung. I’m used walking alone anyway.” I lied. I hate walking alone at night but I can’t help it. I have gone this far and I can’t back down, can I? Thank Goodness hyung is kind enough to take me by his car.

“Are you sure you don’t want to change that ‘hyung’ to ‘oppa’?” he asked and I laughed. He laughed too.

“I feel much better calling you hyung.”

“Whatever you want then.”

“Can I know what’s your name?”

“I go by the name rapmonster. That’s my stage name.”

“Cool.” I said and smiled genuinely.  “So you know what happened to Taehyung? He didn’t show up for a week now and I’m worried something happened.”

“You better see him by yourself.” He answered and smiled vaguely. I spent my whole time thinking about what really happened to him.


 

I pressed the bell but seemed like no answer. Rapmonster hyung said I need to go by myself and he will just wait at the car. I was hesitated at first. What kind of girl visiting a guy’s room this late night. But hyung said I can call him if something bad happens. He gave me his number just few minutes ago.

This is probably my 100th time ringing the bell. Seriously, where is he?

I was about to leave when I heard the door click open. Someone with messy orange hair walked out and he is in a total mess. Bruised everywhere, bandaged head, and ripped clothes. He widened his eyes upon seeing me.

“Fa…. Fatty??” He seemed so surprised.