Old Friends

The Universal Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ Chapter Seven ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦
• Old Friends •

Xi Lu Hn
Saturday
12:15

Another Saturday i wasted sitting at my fathers dining table. The lunch before me was exaggerated like usual; the table filled with spectacular meats and platters, way too much for three people. My mother kept providing weak conversation; talking about her many friends and social parties she had gone to. I don't think either my father or myself were actually listening; that was the only thing similar about us. A knock at the dining room door by Soojin stole my attention from my still full plate.

"Sir, Jo So Yi is here." My ears perked up instantly, and i wanted to simply regurgitate everything i had eaten; which was not alot. Jo So Yi is my 'Bride to be'.  To be blunt, i hated her.

"Ah yes bring her in!" My mother stood up and brushed off her pristine a-line skirt.

"So Yi! How are you my dear?" So Yi walked gracefully into my mothers spread arms, delicately tapping my mothers back in return.

I hated everything about Jo So Yi. She was always so perfect, to my parents, to the reporters, to the world. But never to me. She was a double edge sword in my eyes. If she didn't get you on the first shot, she'd get you on the rebound. No matter what, she always got her way. And if that wasn't bad enough, she had the smallest, most pointed face i've ever seen. A small perky chin with an equally small and pointy nose, and her eyes were too large for her face.

She had clearly gotten surgery to widen them.

"Luhan honey!" She was now making her way over to me, smiling gleefully at her 'Husband'. I still wanted to puke.

"Hello So Yi." My response gave her no need for her to talk back, but of course she did.

"I missed you, we must go out for dinner sometime" I sighed, very very loudly, to make sure my discomfort of being near the woman was relevent.

"Lu Han stop sighing." My father politely informed me, with his face pulled in a pinch.

"Why don't you and So Yi go out to the garden and talk?" It wasn't really a question.

"Thank you, i'll bring him back soon." And with that, my bride to be pulled me out the door.

Saturday
12:20

"I hate you and your perfume is too much."

"You look like a girl, i bet you're not mansize anywhere" Did she just make fun of-- oh hell no.

"You have no substance whatsoever. It's like you have no brain, you're just a lifeless doll" We had made ourselves look like we were chatting lovely from the window of my kitchen; where my parents would undoubtedly be staring. Smiles were glued to our faces and So Yi had placed her hand on mine. 

I must remember to thoroughly wash it later.

"So Yi why do you even want to marry me, we clearly hate eachother?"

"To be perfectly honest, it's because i want money, and you my dear have it." Gold digging -hoe. My phone rang; saving me from her stupid conversation.

"One moment, my dear." I walked away from the bench, still smiling and towards a nearby tree to ans

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter