Cookie Jar

The Universal Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ Chapter Four ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦
• Cookie Jar •

Huang Zi Tao
Thursday
12:30

My phone beeped and vibrated on the table in front of me. The caller ID displaying that it was my annoying bestfriend Lu Han. His phone call can wait until i finish this chapter. I continued to read my book but alas, Luhan is persistant as hell. I sighed deeply before picking up the phone and holding it loosely too my ear.

"TAOZI!" I pushed my glasses up onto my forehead and held the bridge of my nose. I despised that stupid nickname he gave me.

"What do you want Luhan?" 

"I'm bored, can i come over?" I closed my book and stared at the cover, beckoning it to provide me with an excuse to give Luhan.

"I'm not at home" Perfect.

"Where are you?" I looked around at my small apartment, at the books littering the floor and the dishes that have stacked up. God i don't want Luhan coming in and whinging about my mess.

"Somewhere" 

"Helpful. No really, i'm bored, let's go do something?" I sighed loudly; gracefully discarding my book onto the couch and giving up on my quiet Thursday.

"Just go to mine," I internally cursed luhan when my eyes once again gloomed over my dirty dishes in the kitchen I stood stared sadly at them, willing them to clean themselves.

"I'll be there soon." As soon as i said it, i realized that i didn't have any dishwashing liquid, and i could NOT have Luhan over with dirty dishes. I grabbed my keys and wallet and made my way for the door. The cookie jar sitting on the counter, taunting my vision, distracted me. I didn't want to risk the life of my favourite cookies, so i hid them on the highest shelf in the cupboard. but even then i was worried for them.

"But i swear Luhan, if you touch my cookies--"

"I won't touch your stupid cookies, now hurry up Panda!" I hung up straight away and ran out the door, slipping my reading glasses back onto my nose and rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

Thursday
12:50

The convenience store wasn't too far of a walk from my apartment, so i was there and back within 20 minutes. My door was already unlocked and wide open, signalling Luhans presence. I once again silently cursed myself for my forgetfullness, if i hadn't forgot to buy more dish washing liquid, i wouldn't have had to run to the store and leave Luhan in a messy house. I hated dirty surroundings, people assume because i'm a uni student, that i'm really messy.

Which i guess if you looked at the scattered books and paper as a mess, would be true.

But i don't see my scribblings and literature as mess, so that point is invalid. I walked into the kitchen, placing my now useless dishwashing liquid onto the bench before returning to the loungroom. Luhan had made himself comfortable on my small couch, taking up the entirity with his small sprawled out body. I walked over to the idiot and picked up his legs; placing myself onto the couch and his legs on top of my knees. 

His face never left the TV screen.

He also surprisingly didn't scold me for my mess. 

"You got here fast, what do you wanna do?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter