Coffee Shop

The Universal Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ Chapter Three ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦
• Coffee Shop •

Xi Lu Han
Thursday
8:45

My cheek stung. I could feel it throbbing, like it had a mind of it's own. Despite the pain, I refrained from palming my sore cheek, because (A) that would be a sign of defience and weakness and (B) you don't want to look weak in front of my father.

"HOW DARE YOU. YOU UNGRATEFUL BRAT!" My father had ghastly breath, and i had to resist from throwing up then and there. I simply nodded in obedience, keeping my head pointed down the entire time. The quicker i 'Repented' the quicker i could get out of here.

"Lu Han why would you do that?" Enter my mum with the waterworks display. I preferred my mums approach in comparison to my dads, but i still pitied her everytime she would spout out tears instantly. 

"I'm sorry mother, i'll never break your trust again." Again with the bowing. I feel as if i'm constantly repenting in this family. I skipped one lecture. One measley business lecture and i ws getting this kind of treatment. I felt like they were treating me as if i'd stolen their car and crashed it into the country home. 

"Dear, we have to go. We have a meeting remember?" My mothers abrupt cease of tears was no surprise, she was an actress anyway.

"Ah i nearly forgot! Soo Jin, deal with the boy"

The boy, ha. I don't even have a name now?

My favourite maid pattered her way into the room, bowing gracefully as my parents left. The other maids twiddled behind my parents to return to their duties, leaving Soo Jin and myself alone. The door closed quietly and Soo Jin turned to me with smiling eyes.

"YAH LU HAN! WHAT DID YOU DO?" Annnnnnnd their goes the 'gracefull and perfect' act. I smiled widely as i slumped down and took a seat on the couch; while also finally rubbing my abused cheek. Soo Jin angrily poured some tea into two tiny tea vessals, slamming the tea tray down and sitting next me. She may be mad at me, but she can't help but serve me.

"Soojiniiie~ I skipped a class. What's the big deal?" She momentarily smiled at my pet name, before returning to her cold smile. I sipped at my tea daintily, with my pinkie in the air the entire time. 

 

Jung Soo Jin, my favourite maid. Age 28. She's been working here since she was 23 and i liked her straight away.

I'd always wanted a big sister.

I didn't like having staff, i felt stupid telling the maids to fetch my breakfast. But with her, it was almost a game. Maybe it was because she was somewhat close to my age; only five years difference, unlike the old hags who usually wandered around the house. I found it incredibly amusing making her get me food and do stupid dances. She had to do whatever i said, i had a ruling of authority over her.

Once i entered Seoul Academy when i was 20, we both changed. 

She became more authoritive with me, and for some reason, i accepted that. Even my parents thought it was weird how i was so much more lax with her. We somehow, became friends.

 

Soojin spent a good hour lecturing me about the importance of my education. She even went as far as to tug on my heartstrings and repeat my own words to me.

"I won't just let my father lead me, i will be successful on my own."

It was a smart move to use that against me. I commend her for her strategic actions but little did she kno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter