Pams Bakery

The Universal Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ Chapter One ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦
• Pams Bakery •

 

Song Ah Ri
Tuesday
7:45

Finally, a day off from the hectic life of a student. I'm already poor, but now the teacher wants to go on a fieldtrip, that i apparently have to pay for.
Shouldn't that be covered by my scholarship?

I guess not.

Mellow; my fluffball, took my moment of frustration to nestle himself into my now exposed lap. Rolling around frivalously, leaving a whole bunch of his pesky furs all over my black work top. Well, i guess i can't go to work now, my shirt's a mess, better call up the boss and tell him.

Nope, i can't miss another day.
I'm living off cup raman already.
I need meat.

So off the floor i must i get. My sudden burst of energy; brought on by the thought of meat, made Mellow simply roll away, unmoving, into a puddle of kitty-catness by the heater. 

He was a little odd, to say the least.

I slowly made my way towards the laundry; ridding myself of the second cat that was now my work shirt, balling it up and going for the score. But of course i missed. I blame gravity. My skills are exceptional. One of my many friends told me so after i whooped his arse in grade 8.

But sadly i can not fret over my sudden loss of skills, or i would be late; again.

While running to get another black shirt, my vaccum decided to attack me and i fell face first into my bed post, leaving me with a fabulous black eye. 

Great, let's go to work now.
 

Tuesday
8:15

The fact that i literally lived above my workplace meant nothing in my constant late runnings to work. No matter where i lived or worked, i would most likely always be late; it's a way of life for me. So me falling down the last step to shop was not a one off occurance, and of course no one stopped to help. 

The bastards.

Of course, my boss didn't care about my new illness, all he cared was if i had something contagious. A black eye was obviously not contagious, so off to the register i went, slightly moody and belly grumbling. During my dash to get ready this morning, breakast somehow happened to skip my mind.

I regret it, i regret it so much.

I moaned and groaned and made a big deal of every task i had to do, even though it was all easy as heck. I didn't mind my job, it was easy as pie. i literally just sat on a tall stall; to pretend i was standing, and sold pastries all day. 8 to 6. 3 days a week.

Sometimes one of my MANY friends would pay me a visit, waving me a sweetly smile before waltzing over to the counter. "No you can't have a discount" and then they would leave, in a flurry of anger. Okay, you could say my friendships weren't really cliche. I mean yes, most of them i've seen maybe once or twice in my lifetime and they stop talking to me if i don't give them free food. 
But i get it.

Without food, how can there be trust.

I totally got it. As i waved away another friend. But sometimes; like today, my bestfriend Lay would come in. He's never once asked me for a discount. Not in my entire career at Pams Buns has he ever asked me. 

Based on my previous theory, this meant that we weren't friends. Either my theory was bull or Lay hated my guts.

I needed to investigate.

"LAY DO YOU HATE ME?!" I may have yelled a little too loudly. Thank god my boss was out for his break, and only Lay and a young woman were in the shop. The woman dropped the taro bun she was holding and held her heart. Whoops.

"What? Why would I hate you? You're silly" He placed two sweet melon buns on the counter, and i couldn't help but glare at them darkly. He whipped out his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter