Hesitance and Dates

Asphyxiation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

May 8th, 2014. 10:33 PM

 

Jongdae looks at the girl in his arms like she’s a deity. There are stars in his eyes, his cheeks are blushing, and his heart is beating a rhythm previously unknown. All in all, the whole nine yards of being in love at first sight.

 

All the other boys stand there, slightly astounded by both the beauty of the girl, and how taken Jongdae was by her.

 

He looked at her with a crazy sparkling in his eyes, and everyone could tell that this boy had become infatuated with just a glance. (They didn’t blame him).

 

And so, the boys leave Jongdae alone with the girl.

 

When the girl wakes up again, she is in the library room with a ridiculously handsome boy sitting across from her. But well-schooled caution, from years and years of men, springs to the surface when the boy begins to speak.

 

“You’re awake! Are you alright?”

 

(Hesitantly) “Yes . . . . were you the one who resuscitated me?”

 

“Ah, no. That was Kai-hyung . . . (nervous chuckle). Good thing he saved you, right?!” (smiles).

 

And the girl is left with a sense of profound disappointment and even greater relief, because she remembered the lips that saved her’s, and they tasted almost exactly like the way Oppa’s did.

 

But she shakes it off, and smiles innocently. There was a job to be done, an act to perform, a façade to pull off.

 

The innocuousness of her pale face and smile throw Jongdae off guard, and it takes him awhile to process her next words.

 

“Thank you for staying with me then, I’ll be going now.”

 

With a grace that would leave dancers jealous, the girl stood up with a fluid movement, and would have moved in the direction of the door had she not been so weak. Being as she was, she merely swayed unsteadily on her legs, her thin, thin legs, before steadying herself on the back of her chair.

 

The movement snaps Jongdae out of his reverie, and into reality. He replies to her dismissal with a sense of indignation.

 

“You’re welcome, and I’ll walk you home.”

 

The girl brushes him off again, with a reply of, “There’s really no need, I can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter