Favorism

Asphyxiation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She steps into work, and is greeted by the sight of a widely grinning Choi Seunghyun.

"I haven't seen you in so long!"

She stiffens, and returns the hug awkwardly.

Seunghyun was her boss, and one of the most brilliant minds in criminal defense.

He was also an unwanted suitor.

Before she'd met Chen, she'd gone out often with Seunghyun, simply to ease her mind off of Oppa.

To be honest, he was the ideal suitor.

Handsome, wealthy, charming.

They'd gone on expensive dinner dates, classy river cruises, and private planes to Jeju.

He'd bought her things that she didn't even want to imagine the price tag on. Floor-length evening dresses, diamond necklaces, and ylang ylang perfumes.

And she'd accepted it all at Seunghyun's insistence.

"Beautiful women deserve beautiful things," he'd said.

She'd lost her naive outlook on men long before she'd met Seunghyun, so she'd known that with every material possesion from men came a price, oftentimes ual.

All the same though, she'd maintained her innocence. She had kept it through her relationship with Oppa, and she wasn't about to lose it to Seunghyun.

Her repayment to Seunghyun had been to provide the best law work in Korea.

He'd appreciated her for it.

Coming back to the present, she looked up at Seunghyun with saccharine demureness.

Seunghyun was fooled. He'd always been fooled.

He looked down at her, and smiled, whisking a turquoise blue box out of nowhere.

She recognized that blue. That turquoise blue was Tiffany blue.

And the box was the size for a ring . . .

She looks back up at him with a hint of caution in her eyes.

He couldn't possibly be proposing, could he?

Seunghyun laughs again, "Don't panic, I'm not asking you to commit."

So saying, he smiles again, and nudges the box into her hands.

She warily accepts, and unwraps the ribbon, opening the lid.

Nestled inside was a gorgeous Tiffany ring.

This time, the fear is blatant in her eyes.

Looking at her face, Seunghyun is hurt, and mildly taken aback at her distaste, but he erases it all in an instant.

"Don't worry, wear it as a purity ring. If I were actually proposing, I would've bought you a much larger Cartier." (Nervous chuckle).

A sense of relief washes over her, and she gladly slips it on her right ring finger. S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter