My Home

A Home

 

She was looking pitiful, crying as she waited to board the plane. People were staring at her, whispering quite loudly about her possibly getting stood up.

 

Well, they were right. Tiffany left and Jessica didn’t chase after her. Was she that insignificant to her?

 

“Sunny, go to my apartment and get rid of Jessica’s things. Please don’t ask why, just do it.” Tiffany bitterly said, ending the call before the latter could respond.

 

Tiffany couldn’t understand why she was so hurt over Jessica. They barely lasted a day, but in her defense, falling in love doesn’t take weeks or months. When you know it, you’re always going to be reminded of it.

 

Unfortunately for Tiffany, she had to fall in love with a girl that was already engaged. The realization made her feel sick to her stomach. Tiffany brought her knees up to her chest, burying her head in it as she took in sharp, shallow breaths.

 

A whimper filled with devastation crawled up as she pulled her legs closer. This break up was definitely more painful than any of her past relationships, only because she truly did love Jessica.

 

“Terminal 9 is ready to be boarded. Passengers please enter with your tickets and passports.”

 

Hearing the intercom, Tiffany forced her head up. Her eyes were swollen as she tried to adjust to the lighting of the room. With shaky hands, Tiffany grabbed her bag and stood up, feeling dizzy, exhausted and heartbroken as she made her way to the gate. Each step was getting harder to take, but Tiffany endured until she plopped lifelessly onto her assigned seat.

 

The flight was three hours. In those three hours, Tiffany was going to allow herself to release all her pent up feelings for Jessica.

 

She made a promise to herself that when she gets off the plane, the existence of Jessica Jung will be erased from her memory.

 

***

 

“Unnie! Oh my god, it’s really you!” Krystal enveloped her older sister, but noticed that Jessica wasn’t as thrilled to be hugging her.

 

“Unnie?” Krystal stared at her sister. Jessica gave her baby sister a forced smile before ruffling her hair.

 

“I missed you, Krys.”

 

“Me too, unnie. What happened to you? You were gone for months. We had no way to contact you and you left so unexpectedly that we thought something happened to you.”

 

“I just needed a break. Sorry for leaving without telling you guys.” And that was the only answer they were going to get from her. 

 

Everything went back to normal. Jessica was welcomed back by her doting family. They didn’t pressure her into giving more details about where she’s been, thankfully for that.

 

Tyler didn’t come visit after he dropped her off. He must have understood that she was peeved at him for tracking her down through the credit card she used to pay for her and Tiffany’s date.

 

He was her best friend before they were engaged, so of course he knew when she needed her space. Tyler was a good and considerate guy, it’s just he chose the wrong girl.

 

“So, have you guys set a date for your wedding yet? Tyler’s been waiting forever. He really is a good, reliable man, Sica. I don’t think any guy could love you as much as he does.” Jessica’s mother assured her daughter, but Jessica could only stab at her food with a fork as she nodded slightly just to appease her mother.

 

Jessica couldn’t bear to look at her parents and tell them how she truly felt, knowing that they’ve done so much for her. She couldn’t tell them that Tyler would always be a friend in her eyes. She loved her parents and sister and she loved Tyler as much as a friend should, but that was it.

 

Jessica was already in love with someone. Too bad Tiffany would never forgive her, Jessica was sure of it, which is why she didn’t come after Tiffany. Heck, even Jessica wouldn’t forgive herself for lying to Tiffany.

 

Lying is never a good way to start a relationship.

 

Jessica swiped the lone tear that managed to sneak its way down her cheek before her family members could see that she was very close to breaking down. To her family, Jessica was a strong and ambitious person. She doesn’t cry, she doesn’t show weakness, and she certainly doesn’t break down over a breakup.

 

***

 

“Maomao,” Tiffany whined, reaching over to the right side of the bed only to not feel the softness of her furry feline. She wanted to hold onto someone, she needed comfort. It’s been weeks, and Tiffany pretended she didn’t miss Jessica, but some nights it gets hard to lie to herself.

 

With eyes fluttering open, Tiffany got out of bed in search of their Maomao.

 

“There you are.” She smiled, dragging her legs over to the bed that used to belong to a stray human she once had. Looks like Maomao had gotten attached to Jessica, seeing as how the kitten was whimpering in her sleep.

 

Tiffany’s lip trembled, feeling her mask crumbling before her. “You traitor. You’re not allowed to miss her. We made a promise.” Her eyes were welling up as Tiffany lifted the kitten into her embrace.

 

Tiffany didn’t miss Jessica, Tiffany didn’t miss Jessica. She continued to chant that in her head until she fell asleep.

 

I miss you, pabo.

 

“Fany-ah.” Sunny shook the girl’s shoulder until a growl was elicited from the latter.

 

“Sunny, please go away. It’s my day off, and I barely got any sleep last night.” Tiffany pouted, pulling the blanket over her head.

 

“Fany, you need to get up, now. I have to show you something.” The shorty pulled the covers off of Tiffany, adamant about showing her what she found.

 

Tiffany huffed, “Fine. What do you want to show me?”

 

Sunny was staring at Tiffany with sympathetic eyes, making the latter want to go back to sleep forever and not hear the bad news that was coming.

 

“Here, I think you need to see this.”

 

Jessica Jung, the CEO of B&E and Tyler Kwon, the director of B&E are to be married this Saturday. Insiders say the wedding will be a small, private wedding with only close family and friends attending.

 

The newspaper had fallen out of Tiffany’s hands after she finished reading the headline. Today was Friday.

 

“About time she got married. It’s not a surprise since she is his fiancée. Sunny, I can’t believe you interrupted my sleep for this.”

 

“I—I thought you’d might want to know, but I guess I was … wrong?” The photographer wasn’t sure how to take Tiffany’s reaction. She looked unaffected by the shocking news.

 

Tiffany yawned, reaching for her blanket. “Sunny, please lock the door on your way out. I’m just going to go back to sleep. I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?”

 

“O-Okay.” The latter started walking out, but she turned around one last time to look at her friend. All she saw was the blanket shaking. The lump underneath was probably trying her hardest to hold back her cries.

 

Sunny’s eyes softened. “Before I leave, can I make a suggestion? Jessica’s belongings, she might want it back. Why don’t you bring it to her? It’ll be harder to give it to her when she’s married.” Sunny slipped a piece of paper with Jessica’s address inside the blanket. “Do what you think is right.”

 

***

 

Tiffany was now standing outside of the Jung mansion with a box of Jessica’s things in her hand. She had spent the last hour getting made up and looking her best wearing her newest creation, this lavender-colored dress was inspired by Jessica. It was soft, made of the finest fabric, frills flowing naturally and it complimented any body type.

 

She balanced the box in one hand as her other was used to ring the doorbell.

 

A man in butler attire opened the door. “Hello, this is the Jung residence. My apologies, but the Jung household is not accepting any guests at the moment.”

 

“Wait, I have to get inside, I’m uh, Jessica’s friend.” Tiffany beamed her signature eyesmile at the butler and almost jumped in victory when his cheeks flushed red. “I’m Tif—“

 

“Please come this way, Tiffany Hwang.”

 

Tiffany was taken aback by the butler. She never got to tell him her full name, so how did he know?

 

Once she was inside, she was faced with a taller version of Jessica Jung. The Jessica lookalike beamed a polite smile. “Hi, I’m Krystal. And you are?”

 

“T-Tiffany,” she stuttered, feeling nervous all of a sudden. Tiffany assumed the girl was Jessica’s sister. It suddenly felt like she was the girlfriend being introduced to the family of her lover, which is never not awkward.

 

“Tiffany?!” Krystal shouted, mouth gaping open.

 

Tiffany moved back, feeling scared of the girl in front of her. How did everyone speak of her name as if they knew who she was?

 

“Sorry, did I scare you? I just got really excited for a second there. I’m fine now, promise. Come with me, you’re probably here to see my sister, right?” The taller girl pulled Tiffany by her hand, leading her up the stairs to a door that was decorated in pink paint.

 

“Unnie just had her whole room painted pink. She said it reminded her of the old room she used to stay in when she was away,” Krystal whispered, throwing a wink at Tiffany, confusing the latter. “Wait here a moment. I’ll be right back.”

 

Krystal knocked on the door before allowing herself in, closing the door behind her before Tiffany could take a peek inside.

 

Why was she standing here? Tiffany chewed anxiously on her lip, she only came to return Jessica’s things to her.

 

“Krys, I told you I wanted to be alone.” Jessica pulled the blanket until it completely covered her entire body.

 

“Wow, you’re a disaster. What would your girlfriend think of you if she sees you.”

 

Jessica threw the blanket off herself and glared at her younger sister. She never should have confided in Krystal about everything that happened while she was ‘homeless.’ She appreciated her sister’s understanding, but mentioning her ex-girlfriend around her was too much.

 

“You and I both know that I don’t have a girlfriend.”

 

“Oh, really? Then who’s this?” Without a warning, Krystal pulled the door open revealing a stunned Tiffany.

 

“Tippany…?”

 

Jessica’s hair looked like a bird’s nest and Tiffany swears Jessica has returned to her hobo fashion. The drastic change made Tiffany feel a little better, at least she wasn’t the only one looking like a mess.

 

“Come in, Tippany.” Krystal dragged Tiffany inside until she was standing right in front of Jessica.

 

“Yah! Who said you can call her Tippany? Only I can!”

 

“The name has grown on me after everything that you’ve said to me about her.”

 

“She talked about me?” Tiffany asked, a little uneasy now. Jessica isn’t really one to speak kindly of others. “Whatever she said is a lie.”

 

“Aish, I only said the good things about you.” Jessica pulled Tiffany onto her lap, almost out of reflex and the latter relaxed herself in her new position.

 

“What kind of things did you say about me?” Tiffany’s eyes narrowed suspiciously.

 

“Just that you snore in your sleep, eat like a beast when it comes to cereal, that you like to slap people when you laugh, that—ouch!” Jessica whined as Tiffany flicked her forehead.

 

It was as if their problems never existed when they saw each other again. The only thing that mattered to them was, well, each other. There was no engagement, no breakup, no unanswered questions.

 

Krystal really wanted to throw up, watching the two bicker and act like a disgustingly lovey couple. But she held it back, smiling happily for her sister who hasn’t been herself in a while now.

 

“You have to meet my parents, Tiffany.” Krystal suddenly pulled Tiffany off Jessica and took her downstairs, leaving her older sister dumbfounded.

 

“Dammit, Krys, she’s mine!” Jessica announced, not realizing her entire family had heard her. “I mean… my f-friend. But she’s still mine.” Jessica couldn’t help but add that last line in.

 

“It’s nice to meet one of Jessica’s friends. What is your name?” Jessica’s mom shook the blushing Tiffany’s hand.

 

“Tiffany Hwang. It’s nice to meet you too.” Tiffany continued to admire the older woman’s beauty. It didn’t go unnoticed by her jealous ex.

 

“Tiffany, go home.” Jessica demanded of the younger girl. She’s been missing Tiffany all this time, but here she was, kicking the girl out just because Tiffany was taking a little bit of interest in her mom.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Just ignore her, Tiffany. Why don’t you stay for lunch?” The dad came to the rescue as he led everyone to the patio while Jessica trudged along from behind.

 

Before Tiffany could sit between her parents, Jessica pulled her to sit beside her.

 

“So, I hear you’re a fashion designer. Jessica is also in the fashion business. Have you heard of B&E? She started it up all on her own.”

 

Tiffany was learning a lot about Jessica as she conversed with the Jung family. Now that Jessica’s identity was known, all the facts and details about Jessica’s life was unfolding.

 

“She once tried to put her clothes on by herself when she was three. Let’s just say it was a good thing her diaper was still unused, otherwise it would’ve been a terrible experience for her head.”

 

“Mom!” Jessica threw her hands over her face as everyone laughed over her embarrassing past.

 

“A cute mini Jessi with a diaper on her head. Hehe.” Tiffany giggled, but the bliss ended as soon as Jessica reached for her hand underneath the table. She looked towards Jessica, and couldn’t help feeling butterflies over that smile. Guilt was playing with her heart, because she shouldn’t be pretending that Jessica wasn’t engaged, that she shouldn’t be having these feelings for Jessica.

 

“This is wrong.” Tiffany suddenly stood up, “I’m sorry, but I think I should go.”

 

Jessica froze, watching as Tiffany head back into the house.

 

“Go after her.” Jessica wasn’t sure if it was Krystal, her mom or dad that said it, she was too busy running after Tiffany, who was now trying to put on her shoes.

 

“Don’t go.” Jessica caught the girl’s wrist. Tears were already pooling her eyes over the thought of Tiffany leaving her again.

 

“Let me go. I have to go. I can’t be here, I don’t belong here… with you.”

 

“Don’t say that. I love you.” Jessica confessed, hugging onto Tiffany tightly.

 

“Jessi…” Tiffany wanted to pull away, but her body wanted to stay where it was, in Jessica’s arms. “We can’t do this. You’re getting married tomorrow.”

 

Tiffany could feel Jessica’s body shaking. She was sure the latter was crying until she moved back a bit to see Jessica holding back her laugh as tears dripped down her cheeks.

 

“Yah… what’s wrong with you?” Tiffany pushed off of Jessica only to be pulled back into her embrace.

 

“All part of my master plan.” Jessica admitted, grinning at Tiffany and being all bipolar.

 

“What are you trying to say?”

 

“The newspaper that Sunny gave you, it was fake. I broke it off with Tyler when I realized I couldn’t take all the lies anymore. It wasn’t fair to Tyler, my parents, me, and especially you. I’ve only ever wanted you, Tippany.”

 

Tiffany couldn’t believe what she was hearing. “Which is why everyone here knew of me, and why I came here looking like an idiot with a box of your stuff. Because you love me, right?”

 

Jessica gulped. Tiffany looked pissed.

 

“I’m going home now.” Tiffany announced, putting on her coat to leave.

 

Jessica didn’t speak as Tiffany turned around. Geez, she ed up again. Tiffany had every right to leave her, and Jessica wouldn’t stop her.

 

“I’m going home.” Tiffany repeated, enunciating every word very slowly as she turned to face Jessica again.

 

Jessica couldn’t understand why Tiffany was being so cruel to her. She didn’t have to remind Jessica that she was leaving her for good a second time.

 

When Jessica was still looking hurt and confused, Tiffany sighed before walking up to her. This girl was so slow. “Are you going to come home or stay here?”

 

“Huh?” Jessica muttered. Now she was definitely at a loss.

 

“I said,” Tiffany slipped the key to her apartment into Jessica’s hand, “are you going home with me or not?”

 

Jessica didn’t need Tiffany to repeat that to understand the latter’s words. Home. Home was with Tiffany.

 

Jessica tackled Tiffany into a hug, throwing kisses all over her face. “I’m already home.” She said as they held onto each other, in complete bliss.

 

***

 

-Present Day-

 

Maomao was playing with the bell on her collar as her owners enjoyed the scenery on that bench.

 

Maomao finally had a nametag with the return address as: JeTi’s Home. They knew that no matter how far Maomao went to play, she would always return to their home.

 

“Tippany, who do you love more? Me or Maomao?”

 

With Jessica’s sudden question, Tiffany smiled and released herself from Jessica’s possessive hold.

 

“Maomao, of course!” Tiffany cheerfully replied, lifting their kitten up and hugging her.

 

“Fine!” Jessica got up from the bench and marched away.

 

“Jessi, where are you going?” Tiffany was still smiling as she followed after Jessica.

 

“Home!” She answered, not bothering to look at Tiffany.

 

“Then why are you walking away from me?” Tiffany finally caught up to Jessica as Maomao ran ahead.

 

“Home is with me, Jessi.” She gave her pouting girlfriend a backhug before they shared a sweet kiss. 

 



This is the end of the story, yay! Thanks to everyone who read this story, subscribed, commented, and voted. I really appreciated your guys' support :)

I hope I didn't disappoint anyone with this chapter. It took a while to update since I was still trying to figure out how to end it, so I apologize for that.