Run Devil

A Home

Please read or re-read. I have edited the chapter because it seemed 'incomplete' :)


 

“I think she would look better without the scarf.”

Tiffany held her tongue, ignoring Jessica’s ridiculous suggestion. She straightened the scarf around her model, and then turned around to pick up a hairpin. By the time she got back to her model, the scarf was nowhere to be found and the model looked scared for her life.

“Where’s the scarf?” Tiffany enunciated slowly.

“Does it matter? The scarf doesn’t match with her outfit. Look, doesn’t she look better without it?” Jessica spoke enthusiastically, appearing beside Tiffany.

Tiffany gasped when she noticed the scarf around Jessica’s slim neck.

“Give that back!” Tiffany erupted, reaching for the scarf that was suddenly backed away in a narrow escape from Tiffany’s hands.

“No. It looks better on me.” Jessica hugged the scarf and skipped around the room, looking like a floating angel. 

“No it doesn’t! It looks hideous on you so stop messing around and give me back the scarf!”

“Don’t lie.” Jessica smirked.

Yeah, Fany-ah, don’t lie. You like how the scarf compliments Jessica’s flawless neck.

“That’s it. I’ve had enough of this.”

Jessica stopped prancing around like a ballerina just in time to see Tiffany storm out of the room. Did Jessica go too far? Maybe just a little, Jessica admitted as everyone had stopped working and was now absorbed in whispering to each other.

“Ooh, you in trouble~” The short photographer named Sunny sang. So annoying, this kid.

“Aish.” Jessica faked a punch to Sunny’s head before running after Tiffany.

Rule number one: never run. Well, Jessica was now running for the first time to pacify her ‘overly’ sensitive Pany. Be grateful, Pany-ah, Jessica’s doing this for you.

“Tippany…” Jessica whined, slowing down her pace to take a huge breath. These freaking halls were way too long. Curse her short legs and her weak body.

“Tipp—“ Jessica stopped short, noticing Tiffany’s pretty little head facing a handsome male. Her eyes narrowed as the two laughed. Guess Tiffany isn’t mad anymore since she’s too busy flirting with some dude.

“Annyeong, I’m Jessica!” Jessica smiled warmly as she squeezed between Tiffany and Mr. Shorty by practically hugging Tiffany’s side and pushing Mr. Shorty back a distance.

“Hi…I’m Taeyang.” Mr. Shorty said, awkwardly taking a step back.

“Oh, so you’re the guy Tippany’s been talking about in her sleep.”

“Yah, that’s not true! Oppa, she’s just kidding, I don’t even talk in my sleep—“

“Oppa?” Jessica growled.

Tiffany was too busy fuming herself to notice how adorable an angry Jessica looked.

So not cute, Jessica. You are so not cute right now, so stop pouting at Tiffany like a furious kitten.

“Err, should I leave you two alone—“

“NO!” Both shouted simultaneously.

Poor Taeyang had no choice but to stand uncomfortably beside two raging women who looked about ready to either kill one another or kiss until their lips turned swollen.

“Fany, are we still doing the shoot or…”

“Oh my god. I’m so sorry, Sunny. I completely forgot. Come on, Bae.” Tiffany held Taeyang’s hand, leading him back to the room.

Jessica being in a state of dumbfounded-ness was an understatement. She honestly couldn’t understand what she was feeling right now, but it didn’t feel good at all.

“Aw, is wittle Jessica sad that mommy left her? Don’t worry, Aunty Sunny is here.”

Jessica was too distraught and confused with herself to swat Sunny’s hand that was gripping her tightly. Damn you, Soonkyu. Don’t treat Jessica as a baby because she’s not… even if she is sulking like a wounded child wanting comfort from her Aunty.

Shame on Mama Fany for making Jessica puzzled, irritated, and dejected.

She didn’t like what she was feeling. She wanted it to go away. Jessica told herself that she would ignore Tiffany and Mr. Shorty and just concentrate on her job. Well, it wasn’t easy. Not when she had to be the witness of a fairytale romance blooming.

Stupid Tippany. Stupid Mr. Shorty. She wished they would choke on their drinks right now. Tiffany didn’t even offer Jessica a cup of coffee. So what if Mr. Shorty was a Korean singer/idol and model with thousands of adoring fans, wasn’t Jessica just as important too? So where was her damn coffee, Tippany?!

“Mmm…” Tiffany mumbled as she inspected Taeyang in his outfit that she had personally designed and made.

Too close. Tiffany was standing too close to Taeyang for Jessica’s liking.

Rule number two: Never get jealous. And even if you are, don’t show it.

Shrug it off and turn the other direction was what Jessica intended to do, but…

“Yah. Why are you staring at him like that? It’s creepy. Creepy Tippany.” After finishing her insult, Jessica strutted off like a diva.

Creepy Tippany? Creepy for doing her job? What the hell, Jessica?

Tiffany held her tongue and faked a smile to keep from unleashing a fury that would have everyone within a hearing distance to run with their tails between their legs.

 

It seemed the day dragged on forever with Jessica making snide comments where Tiffany was concerned and Tiffany would have to bite the inside of her cheek or curse Jessica in her mind just to keep her composure to the public.

“That could be considered ual harassment. Mr. Short-, I mean Taeyang, you shouldn’t have to put up with her putting her hands all over you even if she is in charge.”

Jessica’s so-called ual harassment and ‘putting her hands all over you’ was Tiffany tightening the tie around Taeyang’s neck.

Tiffany could take being called ‘creepy’ for staring at Taeyang, having ‘smelly’ breath when she laughed and spoke with Taeyang, a scheming seducer when Taeyang caught her before she could fall on her face, but accused of being a ual predator was the last straw.

“What’s your problem, Jessica?!” Shouted Tiffany.

The room went silent, eyes now focused on Tiffany and Jessica.

“Take a break, guys.” Tiffany’s emotionless tone was a sign for everyone to leave the room, which they did so in a matter of seconds.

“Not you.” Before Jessica could escape with the group, Tiffany’s grip on her shirt had her reeling backwards.

“Let go of me!” Jessica whined, trying to pull away Tiffany’s hand. It might not look it, but Jessica was slightly nervous being around Tiffany at this moment. It’s not like she was afraid of the incoming scolding or anything, but witnessing a cold and serious Tiffany made her want to run.

You better run. Run Devil, run run.

Tiffany released the struggling Jessica, but before the latter could attempt her escape, Tiffany warned, “I’ll catch you and drag you back here, Jessica.”

Damn. The chances of fleeing were low since Jessica was cursed with short legs, laziness was actually a disease of hers, Tiffany looked too determined and she had those long, slim legs of hers.

“Will you now explain to me why you’ve been acting like a pain in the for the past hour? Your side comments are not needed and you talk more than you’re actually working.”

Tiffany brushed her fingers through her hair, a habit that Jessica has noticed whenever Tiffany was upset. So hot. What would happen if Jessica brushed away Tiffany’s bangs with her own fingers? Well, it’s worth a try, since she was already distracted and losing focus on the main subject at hand.

Tiffany Hwang is Jessica’s distraction.

“Y-yah. What are you doing?” Tiffany stuttered when Jessica’s fingers touched her hair.

“Your hair’s really soft.” Jessica commented as she twirled a strand around her finger.

“Stop it.” Tiffany was backing away, but Jessica decided she liked Tiffany near her so she followed the girl’s every step.

“I-I’m serious, Jessica.”

“Jessi. Call me Jessi.” Jessica whispered as she trapped Tiffany between her and the wall.

Tiffany had to bite her lip to prevent from cowering under Jessica’s soft gaze, but the blonde’s thumb was suddenly pushing Tiffany’s lower lip.

“Stop distracting me, Tippany. I’m trying to think.”

A genuine frustrated and serious look was on Jessica’s face. How ridiculous.

“Think of what?” Tiffany breathe out. Did she just imagine the slight hesitancy that was in Jessica’s eyes?

“Th-thinking of what you mean to me. Why I feel so angry when you’re near Mr. Shorty.”

Mr. Shorty?

“Why I want your attention. But now I know. It’s pretty obvious, actually.”

Was it? Because Tiffany couldn’t understand since she was now lost in Jessica’s smile.

“I’m jealous. Jealous of Taeyang.”

The confession had caught Tiffany off guard. A jealous Jessi?

“Don’t look at him. Look at me. Be creepy towards me.”

“Don’t talk to him. Talk to me. Laugh at my lame jokes.”

“Don’t touch him. Never touch him. Touch me and only me.”

“Don’t kiss him—“

“I didn’t kiss him.” Tiffany interrupted, her heart quickening for some unknown reason.

“Oh. Well, still, kiss me.”

Suddenly grabbing Tiffany’s shoulders, Jessica crashed their lips together.