Honesty

A Home

“Are you avoiding me?”

 

“No. What makes you think that?” Tiffany asked with her hand already on the door to close it.

 

Jessica scoffed and frowned. She hugged herself to warm up her freezing body. If only Tiffany would invite Jessica to come inside. It didn’t take long for this awkward silence to end when Jessica pushed her way inside anyways.

 

“Soonkyu has a nice place.” She commented, sitting comfortably on the white leather couch.

 

“You can’t just come into someone else’s house.”

 

“I wouldn’t have to if you didn’t run away from your own house just to avoid me.”

 

“I… wasn’t.” The fashion designer suddenly had an interest in the house slippers she was wearing.

 

“It’s because I kissed you that day, wasn’t it?”

 

Tiffany bit her lip. “No.”

 

“You didn’t like me kissing you.”

 

“No, I didn’t.”

 

Jessica yawned, stretching full-length on the couch as if Tiffany’s words had no effect on her. Well it didn’t because Jessica was sure that Tiffany was lying. She could still remember that day and how Tiffany’s face was tomato-red when their lips parted. Her eyes stared back at her, looking disappointed as if she didn’t want the kiss to end.

 

“What are you doing? You can’t sleep here.”

 

Before Jessica could pretend to have fallen asleep, a soft meow was heard from under the couch.

 

“What was that?” Jessica sat up and looked around the room.

 

“It’s my kitten. I found her two days ago.” Tiffany sat on the couch opposite of Jessica and outstretched her hand. “Come out of there, you.”

 

The nameless, cream-colored kitten crawled out from under the couch and hopped into Tiffany’s embrace.

 

Jessica’s curious eyes turned into daggers. She got off the couch and sat beside Tiffany, who was petting the furry thing.

 

“Get rid of it. It smells.” Said the girl whose nose was stuffy from walking around in the cold late at night just find Sunny’s place.

 

“You didn’t smell very good when I first met you, but I still let you to stay in my house.”

 

“Yah! Are you comparing me to a cat?”

 

The latter laughed and nodded. “You did say you could act like a cat.”

 

Jessica huffed before squeezing her head into the tight space on Tiffany’s lap. The kitten that was curled into a ball scooted over to give the girl some room. Yeah, you better, Jessica thought as she scowled at the innocent kitten.

 

“J-Jessica, I didn’t mean it.” The blushing girl leaned back because Jessica’s face was tickling her stomach.

 

“It’s Jessi.” The blonde purred before falling asleep and leaving Tiffany fully awake with two ‘cats’ on her lap.

 

“Jessi.” Tiffany whispered but no reply came from the blonde. Good, she’s asleep. Wait, what did she mean good? She was obviously not thinking straight because her hand was now reaching toward the girl. Her heart was thumping like crazy when her finger slightly touched Jessica’s soft cheek.

 

“ert.” A low whisper came from behind Tiffany, making her slightly jump.

 

“S-Sunny, you’re up.” Tiffany stated in a little panicky squeak.

 

“Yep, and I’ll pretend I didn’t see you touch your assistant while she was in a vulnerable state.”

 

“I wasn’t!” Her own hand immediately covered her outburst. Her head whipped down to see Jessica’s eyebrows crease together.

 

“Tippany, love me.” The blonde said in her sleep. Even when she wasn’t awake, the girl was demanding.

 

“Aw, she’s so cute.” Sunny cooed with a twinkle in her eyes that made Tiffany feel a bit protective as she leaned her body close to Jessica.

 

“She’s not always cute. There are times when she can act like a spoiled princess. She’s bossy and she doesn’t mind getting into anyone’s personal space.”

 

Sunny giggled lightly. “I was talking about the cat.”

 

And tomato-red Tiffany returns.

 

“So was I.” Yes, her human cat, the one with the rosy cheeks, small, thin pink lips, and absolutely no fur on that pretty face of hers.

 

“Right.” Sunny winked as she walked back to her room.

 

****

 

“Tippany…”

 

Tiffany’s eyes fluttered open to the sound of an angelic voice.

 

“Jessi?”

 

The blonde grinned at her. “Good morning.”

 

“Good—Yah! What the hell is going on?!” Tiffany’s eyes alternated between the giggling Jessica and the rope that was tied around her to a chair.

 

“Finally, you noticed.”

 

“What are you trying to do? Release me, right now, Jessica!”

 

“Not so loud, Tippany, you’re scaring Maomao.” Jessica picked up the half-asleep kitten and rocked her back and forth.

 

“Maomao? You named my cat Maomao?”

 

Our cat.” She corrected the selfish Tiffany. The girl really needed to learn how to share. “And yes, Maomao. Sounds like Meowmeow, but that’s a stupid name, so it’s Maomao.”

 

And Maomao isn’t a stupid name? Tiffany could only stare at Jessica incredulously.

 

“I’ll just say this once, Jessica—“

 

“Jessi.”

 

Tiffany let out an exasperated sigh before gritting her teeth. “Jessi. Untie me.”

 

“Are you hungry? I’ll make you breakfast.”

 

“Yah! Let me go or I’ll scream!”

 

“Don’t bother, Sunny already left an hour ago. Besides no one can hear you on this floor.” Jessica shook her head as she made her way to the fridge.

 

“Jessi!” Tiffany shouted after the girl. She pulled at her wrists and tried to break her legs free but to no avail.

 

Jessica finally came back after an hour of doing whatever the heck she was doing in the kitchen. “Breakfast is ready.”

 

Tiffany gaped at the plate that was presented in front of her. Jessica spent a whole frigging hour in the kitchen and came back with a plain tuna sandwich?

 

“I can’t cook, okay?!” Said the pouting and insecure girl as if she had read Tiffany’s mind.

 

“I’m not hungry.” But she was obviously hungry because her stomach suddenly growled.

 

“Liar. Eat.” Jessica pushed the sandwich toward Tiffany’s salivating mouth.

 

Unwillingly, Tiffany bit into it, and it took every ounce of willpower not to spit it back out. It was edible, but not good at all. Dry and flavorless was the perfect description of Jessica’s tuna sandwich.

 

“Y-yum…” Tiffany forced a smile while she forced the bite down . If she had to play nice to be released from this sudden kidnapping then so be it.

 

Jessica, of course, wasn’t having that. She narrowed her eyes at Tiffany. “You sure? I added in cat food.”

 

“You what?!” Tiffany was now gagging and shaking like mad in her chair. “No wonder it tasted disgusting!”

 

“Aha! You were lying about the sandwich!” The blonde replied with her polished finger pointing at Tiffany. She didn’t actually put in cat food, but she felt she needed to say something to get an honest reaction from the latter.

 

“You fed me cat food!”

 

Jessica shrugged her shoulder before walking briskly away, only to come back with a small package in her hands.

 

“Do you know what this is, Tippany?”

 

Tiffany eyed the box suspiciously. It just looked like a plain brown box so she shook her head.

 

The latter opened the package and took out the product. “It’s a lie detector. You’ve been lying to me a lot lately. I thought you’d might need some help in being honest with me.”

 

“I haven’t lied.” Said the liar.

 

Jessica strapped the device onto Tiffany’s hand.

 

“Let’s start with something simple. Is your favorite color pink?”

 

“I’m not going to answer. This is stupid.”

 

“Answer.” Jessica said firmly.

 

“Yes.” She finally caved and the two waited as the detector dinged its bell for Tiffany’s honest answer.

 

“Good. So do you like listening to K-Pop?”

 

“What the heck’s the purpose of this? If you wanted to know my hobbies then just ask me like a normal person. You didn’t have to tie me up and strap me to a chair.”

 

“Just answer, Tippany. I’ll let you go once you answer all my questions.”

 

“Fine. Yes.” Tiffany answered and it followed with another ding.

 

Jessica continued to ask questions that always had Tiffany answering with a yes.

 

“Do you hate fish eyes?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Do you like fashion?”

 

“Yes.” Tiffany answered almost mechanically.

 

“Do you like me?”

 

“Ye—“ Tiffany caught herself in time before she could give a complete answer. She stared up and saw that Jessica was staring at her intensely. Was she just as nervous as Tiffany was feeling?

 

“Do you like me, Tippany? Be honest.”

 

Tiffany silently reasoned with herself. She didn’t hate Jessica and liking could mean liking her as a friend.

 

“Yes.” It dinged, causing Jessica to smile slightly.

 

“Do you love me?”

 

Now Tiffany really couldn’t find a loophole out of this one. Her heart was racing with the question echoing in her mind. Love was never something she thought about. She had her job, her friends, and her family. What more could she need?

 

Witnessing Tiffany’s conflicted facial expression, Jessica was suddenly having cold feet. “Forget I asked.”

 

“Y-yes.”

 

They both waited and wished for the three seconds to come by faster, and finally… it dinged.

 

Apparently, there was something missing. Tiffany needed love in her life.

 

“H-How much?” Jessica couldn’t stop herself from asking.

 

It wasn’t really a yes or no type of question, so there was no way the lie detector could tell if Tiffany was lying or not.

 

But Tiffany answered anyways.

 

“Too much.”

 

 


Blehhh... I'm so JeTi deprived... Does anyone know or has read any good JeTi fanfiction? Please recommend me some :]. It doesn't have to be just girlxgirl. It can be both Jessica and Tiffany as girls or genderbender. I prefer romance, comedy, fluff but a mixture of all three would be even better :). No Angst, please.