The Not Normal Day

The Reason

                           It was a beautiful noon and the spring was magically more wonderful in that one block.The male birds were singing sweet poems to their females.The huge white trees were bending to salute the people passing by.The white pinky dead flower fell on the head of a five years old child welcoming him to that city.He blew it away in one blow and giggled while clapping his hands weakly as it flew with the fellow flowers,up to the blue and clear sky.The warm breeze blew kindly tickling the ladies and making their lonely hair fly in freedom.The wind blew higher reaching the balcony of the apartment 25 of the thirth floor of the 12th building of the block.It softly caressed the door and opened it a little bit more,revealing a fifteen years old girl playing professionally with the keys of a piano.A smile was smoothly drawn on the girl's lips as she sang Edith Piaf's precious words.Her voice came out of the balcony's door and was held carefully between the arms of the wind disappearing behind the buildings of Seoul.The wind danced between the trees like a pretty skater until it reached the 5th building of the infamous block.Suddenly,the wind blew strongly and the papers flew angrily.The ladies' skirts were lifted up and their hair smashed to their faces.The wind turned around and around making a small tornado and revealing a bunch of people circled around two women.A middle aged woman who was holding a plastic bag between her hands dearly over her chest was screaming at a twenty one years old lady.Min Ah.The wind calmed down and continued its dancing farther.

                          ''She is a thief,everybody!" The old woman yelled looking at the crowd and pointing at the girl next to her.Upon hearing those last words,the people around gasped then started whispering to their partners about how much young the girl was and how much wrong it was for her to go around stealing people's things.Some thought of calling the police.Other men only remarked about her small red lips and long dark eyelashes.Min Ah was highly amused.She looked at the crowd then back at the woman and asked ''If I am a thief then what have I stolen from you?" .That was Min Ah's morning routine.She was the kind of person to walk around in the streets picking people's wallets from their pockets or handbags then putting them back.Or taking an apple from a grocery man,biting it then throwing it back to him.So she definitely was a thief.She claimed to do it just for the fun of it every time her friend Min Ji asked her to quit it.Min Ah eyed the crowd from the side of her eyes from time to time as she looked directly at the middle aged woman.''You stole my strawberries,you spoiled child!" .Min Ah ignored the burning she felt in her heart.She was not a spoiled child.She was a child with no mother and a father who barely came home.She forced a smile even deeper in her face.That wasn't the right time to get hurt.The night was long enough for her to let out all the pain of the day.For now,she had to hide it.She turned to the audience and opened her arms widely.They seemed to be ridiculed by the situation.Those who were holding their phones ready to call the police immediately put them back into their pockets.Who would call the police for strawberries?One by one,they started leaving.They realized that they had better things to do in their lives than watch an old woman accusing an 'innocent' girl for stealing her strawberries.When only the two were left,Min Ah clapped her hands together and smiled innocently at the woman who was stunned, slightly open from shock,then sent her an evil wink and left the scene.

                      Min Ah was sitting at the pavement devouring strawberries from a small packet.Her legs were crossed as she looked up at the sky and admired how calm and open it was to her.She had just left Dispatch's office.Actually,she was kicked out by the secretary.This time more violently than the last time which was the day before.Min Ah didn't accept being handled so arrogantly so she gave the poor secretary a blue eye.She wasn't only a thief but a violent person as well.And there is still more to discover about her.

                     Two years ago,she came to her father's office begging him to find her a job in his company.She looked so vulnerable and in need that he almost believed her old self was back.But it was all just a play.And he was a fragile man,although he didn't show it.Seeing his daughter in such a state made his heart squeeze the blood out of itself.So he agreed to her working under him.But he was,more than anyone else,aware of the damage she would cause him if she joined the company so he gave her a mission that he knew she would never complete.The proof was that even after two years she still didn't achieve anything.Expect for that incident.For those two years,she had been roaming around the journalists who work for Dispatch in hope of getting between her hands a scandal before it gets out.

                       She looked up at the sky and recalled back the memory of the sun of her life;her mother.The sun that sat down nine years ago and never rose again.Since then,her life had become only a set of painful and dark nights.Her days were empty.She wasn't herself at the day.It wasn't her life at the day.What she really was is the broken pieces of glass under the moon's light.At night,she was her real self.The pained heart and the bleeding soul.That was who Kim Min Ah really was but nobody knew.Nobody heard her singing her pain away.Nobody heard her hitting the guitar's sad strings.Nobody knew who she really was and she thought nobody would ever know.But she was wrong.That person was going to know.She bit the tears away.She was used to hiding her tears.The day wasn't a warm shoulder for her to cry on but the night was.So she hid her pain since the night was still far away.

                         The phone that was vibrating in her pocket brought her back to reality.Or to the fake reality.She took it out and checked the caller's ID.It was her best friend Min Ji calling her like usual after she got fired from the office.And just like everyday,they decided to meet up in the restaurant around the corner.Min Ah lifted herself up and headed to the restaurant.

                          She started the day like any normal day but it surely was not a normal day.