The Night Of Seoul

The Reason

         The night in Seoul was unusually dark.It was like a mixed drink of noise,danger and lust.Under the black sky that was full of stars that shined bright like frozen tears,many secrets were revealed,or made,and many words were spoken.Those who were locked up in chains in the day were fully free at night.The light,the sun,the lies and the fake faces all disappeared and the truth was brought up from the deep insides.People walked by each other.No one recognized no one.Some of them bumped into a few people they knew but walked past them nonetheless.

                   In one of those rare empty streets,a weak looking man in his late twenties was wandering.He was taking quick glances behind him from time to time as if checking if somebody was following him.But nobody was.He was holding a camera between his shaky hands clinging to it for dear life.He looked behind him for the last time then stopped in front of a night club.He wasn't the type to come to these places but he had to.It was for his girl,after all.He had to save her.He looked up at the lightful shining letters.''Ses lèvres" was the name of the club.The name only translated to him the y stories that may be happening inside and the golden opportunities that he may be given.Or that he already was given.He kept staring at the name written magically above the door and didn't notice a drunk couple coming out.A man,in his forties,was putting an arm around the waist of a young lady,caressing lustfully her sides and moving down to even more pleasurable parts.The woman that was in her early thirties was fully leaning on the man's shoulder,careless and more than ready to give herself to him.She was fine looking.Not outstandingly pretty and not outstandingly ugly.But the man surely didn't care about her face since she had an outstanding body.She was wearing a black tight short dress,covering right above her .It drew ily her serious curves and even showed her cleavage leaving the man eager to have a better view.He leaned down and sniffed her hair while she swirled her tongue playfully on the hot spots of his neck.Their moans brought the twenty five years old man out of his thoughts and he watched the show awkwardly as the two swayed drunkly.The older man leaded the woman to his fancy Lamborgini.The same car in which he usually took his daughter to school or his wife to dates.He dreamily wondered if he'd ever be able to get a car like that and a woman like that.Or perhaps,he had already got one.Shaking those thoughts out of his head,he shuffled through the door after dealing with the guards.

                    In the other side of the city,under the same angry sky,huge and tall buildings stood awkwardly,one next to the other.Each building had its own story and its own business.Light was seen coming out of some of them while the rest slept peacefully.But one building stood out strongly.It was taller and huger,showing off its growing power and claiming to be in a higher level.A level that no soul knows about and that nobody should reach.That building stood there for years but nobody knew what it was for nor who owned it.Everybody feared entering it.It's not like they could.The monster-like black suited sleepless guards standing sharply like the shark's teeth seemed to be in alert to kill anyone whom the thought of entering it crossed their mind.The building was covered with glass windows.All of them were closed not leaving the chance for any atom of insecurity to come in.Or to come out.However,that one window in the last level was open,revealing a man deep in thoughts.He was wearing a gray suit.The tie was messy showing that he had tried to loosen it up several times.His glasses were seating neatly on his nose,a bit far from his eyes.His hands were crossed behind his back and his chest was pushed to the front.He was frowning and his lips were pressed into a hard line.His mind traveled between many thoughts but always ended up with the image of a young lady.His daughter.He was fed up with her and he urgently had to come up with a plan to save her from the dangerous person she became,and at the same time,follow the last words of his beloved deceased wife.He kept staring at anything that would free his head to think vaguely.He sighed in defeat as if he lost a mental fight he was having inside.In the fifty seven years of his life,never had he been so confused.He walked back to sit in the comfortable chair that was before behind him.

                  In front of him was a work desk.A laptop of a unknown brand,and a fax phone along with a few files were all put neatly together.The files carefully one under the other.They hid the risky night's secrets.The office was clean yet empty.He always made sure to keep it tidy but it always ended up deserted.The walls were full of shelfs.Empty ones.Expect for a few where some accessories were put.They all held dear memories.Heartbreaking and overwhelming ones.The old man's eyes landed on a set of monkey statues.Three monkeys.They were fist-sized and brown to black.One was covering its ears with its hands,the other was covering its eyes and the last its mouth.Those statues had witnessed the sweat and the tears he shed when he just started that business.When he was only twenty one.They were the theme of his business and life.To pretend you never saw,to pretend you never heard and to knit your mouth shut.Those accessories reminded him of his early twenties when he first met his wife.He smiled sadly at the memory of the beautiful woman then looked back at his desk.He dialed a number on his phone,pushed the green button and waited for the other side to reply.

                   After only the first ring,they picked up.As if they were inpatient and eager to get his call."Hello,Mr.Kim" Said a feminine hushed voice that sounded happy yet shaky."I came to believe that it really ceases a frozen heart." He replied in a strong tone,crossing his legs and tapping his fingers on the desk.He decided to accept her offer and to go with her plan for one reason :The love he had,and still has,for his wife.

                   "Does that mean you agree,Mr.Kim?" The voice asked and partially squealed.The woman was glad at the thought of him accepting her offer.''Well.I'm no Mr.Kim if I don't." He smiled,trying to hide from himself the insecurity he was feeling.''I think the apple really doesn't fall far from the tree.'' He added only to reassure himself as he smirked recalling back the memories of his twenty one years old self."I am so grateful,Mr.Kim...I..I'm in loss of words." She stuttered sounding extremely happy as she ignored the random talk about the apple and the tree since she didn't understand what he meant.She never really fully understood his words.Then her voice turned calm and serious when she asked ''When will we start?''. Mr.Kim took a deep breath to gain what was left of confidence.To the workers and to the clients,Mr.Kim was a wise man to take adventures and had the solution to any problem.But that was his reflection in their own mirrors.He couldn't see the same person they saw when he looked at himself in the mirror.He had those times of stupidity,cowardness and insecurity.And he was afraid that that time was one of those."The sooner the better.And I was told they are all there now." He tried to hurry up and end the call before he changed his mind."I beg your pardon,Mr.Kim?Are you saying we should start now?" She asked in disbelief.She was eager to start the plan and she couldn't wait until he agrees.But now,to her,was too soon and it took her by surprise.After all,it was her boyfriend who was involved."Yes." was all what came out of his mouth.Short and demanding.The girl didn't reply.She needed a few seconds to let it sink in.After a short time,she answered with a shaky voice."I shall go there then.Again,I'm extremely grateful." Mr.Kim nodded,hung up then headed out of his office.There was a show he had to watch.