The Delicious Crime

The Reason

                            Almost hidden from the world,a small restaurant settled behind the huge buildings.Unlike the atmosphere outside,the restaurant gave off a welcoming feeling.The warmth and the white lights sent off a relaxing aura.The clean and fresh air caressed the visitors and massaged their shoulders from the burdens of life.The words were flying above the people's heads.Each word racing to reach the roof first.Once they hit it,they were thrown back to the ears of other costumers.The tables were poorly decorated.A black nap was covering each one of them with a purple vase,hiding a black and sad flower,standing weakly in the middle.The decoration wasn't their best business obviously.Some eyes glanced at the big gates then returned their gaze to whatever or whoever they were looking at in the first place when a family of three members entered.The parents and a newly born baby.The servant,who was wearing a black and red suit,leaded them to their table and made sure to take their orders before leaving to serve another costumer.Behind the family's table,was the table where two ladies sat politely eating their food in a classy way.Min Ji was being herself.As neat as always.But Min Ah surely faked it.There was an image she had to give to the servant and the workers in the place.It was going to help her later.It wasn't the restaurant they came to usually.The other one was closed down for some unknown reasons.So they came to this one even thought it was really expensive.

                           Min Ah tried hard to enjoy her meal while talking to her friend at the same time.They were catching up the news of only a day.But in one day,many things could happen especially if you were Min Ah and your best friend was Min Ji.''You are going on a date then?" Min Ah asked putting the fork and the knife by the side of the plate and grabbing a small white tissue to clean her face.''Seems like it." Min Ji answered trying her best to give the smallest amount of information possible.She knew she wasn't supposed to hide secrets from her best friend but that time she had to.If Min Ah was a better person,she would have spilled everything to her from A to Z.But Min Ah was everything opposite to a good person.And she knew that telling her the truth would only make her eyes shine with greed.

                          Min Ah looked up at her friend from her half eaten plate.Not that she didn't want to continue eating but she had to stop.It was part of her plan.Then she asked."And who is this doomed man?" .Min Ah found it hard to believe that her friend was going to go on a date with someone.Min Ji was so hardcore when it came to her job,and school,that she had been neglecting her love life for the twenty five years that she lived.A date was too sudden to be believable.But anyways she ignored her thoughts."My work mate." .Min Ji replied by saying half of the truth.She thought that these information were more than enough for her friend.But Min Ah wasn't satisfied.The arrogant girl was trying to ask her more about the mystery man when Min Ji cut her off by saying she had to go somewhere else.And that was when Min Ah's usual action started.

                         While Min Ji was getting up of her seat,Min Ah carefully pulled a small bottle out of her pants' pockets.It was a bottle full of broken glass.She put it under the table and started opening it.Min Ji stared at her,confused yet alarmed.She looked around her then brought her hand up the table and poured some of the glass pieces on her plate.Then quickly she pulled her hand back down the table before anyone could witness her crime.She looked up at Min Ji and laughed silently at her face.She was surprised but not surprised.She knew her friend could do that but she never thought she would do it.She watched as Min Ah closed the bottle and put it back in her pockets.She mixed the plate's ingredients with the fork,careful not to ruin the look.She mentioned for the perplexed Min Ji to sit down and she obeyed.She smiled to herself,satisfied and snapped her fingers in front of Min Ji's face to bring her out of her shock.And then it all happened quickly,she started coughing and screaming for help as the servants hurried to her questioning Min Ji of what happened to her.She never answered.She only kept silent and that was a something Min Ah was thankful to her for doing.

                         Everybody's attention was on Min Ah.All the costumers' eyes were on her.Faking the breathless in pain,she pointed with her finger to the plate full of glass.As soon as the head servant understood the situation.Or he thought he did.He ordered one of his servants to go hide the plate where no costumer would notice it but Min Ah came between him and the table,not letting him get to the plate.Her gaze met the head servants'.''I nearly died,mister.You nearly killed me." Min Ah accused the head servant by pointing the obvious that wasn't so obvious.His eyes burned in fear.He was worried about the reputation of the restaurant.Min Ah saw the fear in his eyes then smiled mentally.''You don't want the costumers there..." She pointed at the people sitting in their tables and lowered her voice for them to not hear. "...to know what kind of food they are being served,don't you?" Min Ah threatened him trying to send him an inner message.He seemed to get it so he agreed to their silent deal.''Ma'am,you don't have to pay for our mistakes.We are extremely sorry for what have came from us."

                          Min Ji's steps were too fast that Min Ah couldn't catch up with her.They left the restaurant a while ago and now,Min Ji was extremely mad at Min Ah that she immediately stormed out,not glancing even once at Min Ah.She was fed up and she had enough.Min Ji reached her hand out signaling for a taxi and once it stopped in front of her,she got in.By the time Min Ah got to her,the taxi had already left.