The Couple

The Reason

                     The burning midday sun kept a watchful eye on the people down in the city as its rays aimed at some certain ones,making their faces glow in beauty.The rays sneaked into the buildings and burnt the houses up in joy and happiness.But those rays didn't reach every building in Seoul.That one apartment in one of the most luxurious buildings of Cheongdam Dong was dark with the insecurities that covered the windows and cold with the fear that held the walls tightly.

                A young man with a skinny figure and a beautiful face sat calmly in the middle of the comfortable black couch.It devoured him like the sharks of a hungry sea.His legs were crossed as he put his elbow on his knee and his chin on the palm of his left hand.The fingers of his other hand hugged a vulnerable cigarette.His head was spining in thoughts as he looked deeply at the painting in the wall in front of him.A painting in black and white of a candal-man who held his head between his hands as he melted down.His eyes narrowed to the gray smoke that was dancing in front of his face as he put his lips on the cigarette and inhaled from it.He was pulled out of his thoughts by a cough from next to him.

                Min Ji's legs were held up to her chest and one arm was wrapped around them.She had a grimace on her face as she coughed the small amount of tobacco out of her lungs.It burned her nose.And her eyes were slightly closed.She was sitting extremely close to the young man,their bodies touching,that she was partially smoking what he exhaled,much to her dislike.The beautiful man turned his head to look at his coughing girlfriend and felt apologetic to see her in that state.He was addicted and he couldn't help but smoke a few cigarettes when he had to think."Sorry." He whispered while crashing the cigarette's with his fingers in the ashtray.He pulled his legs apart and swam deeper in the couch.He put each elbow on each knee and crossed his hands together.His eyes were back to the painting."She shouldn't know." He said in a sharp tone as he glared at the man in the painting for no reason."She won't." Min Ji assured him,knowing very well who and what he meant.She put her legs down and leant her head back on the couch,closing her eyes.Her boyfriend sighed weakly then turned around to face her.His right leg was plead making a forty five degree and his other leg hung from the couch.He leaned closer to Min Ji,always in the same position,and he contemplated her features.She felt blood rush to her cheeks as he murmured softly in her ear "Cute.." .She opened her eyes slowly and they met her man's eyes.They shone uniquely with love and she smiled at him.Min Ji never saw any man more than just a school mate or work mate.Having someone of the opposite gender to tell her she was cute,or tell her any kind of compliments,made her feel uncomfortable,unlike the other girls.But she wasn't complaining.He gave her back a warm smile.For it only to disappear when a thought struck his head.His eyes darkened as he spoke "What she did last year was..." .He trailed off,bringing back some not really pleasing memories.He shook his head and tried to speak again."It was unfair for him." .Min Ji had her eyes closed again,swimming in her own pool of thoughts but she was all ears to the man beside her."It was." She confirmed as her eyes opened and looked at him.She saw worry and sadness in his eyes."It's okay.She really won't know." .She sent him a comforting smile as she put her hand over his hand that was seated between them on the couch.He smiled back.

                  Min Ah kept wandering in the streets the whole day until the night fell down on the city,bringing with it her real self and her pained soul.She was sitting on a pavement,like every night,leaning on the wall.She was having a staring contest with a star up in the dark sky as she moved her fingers up and down the strings of the guitar."Come back home!Can you come back home?" .She sang her heart out,hoping that the sun of her life would hear it.Hoping that her mother would come back home.Hoping that the morning she would wake up to see the sun shining like it used to do nine years ago.She kept playing and singing that part of the song only.Again and again.Her voice started to break and tears started to flow down her cheeks.The tears she had been holding all day long and the pain she had been hiding all day long were coming out of her and her dry of any drop of joy she thought she felt.

                 Her hand stopped moving and her eyes stopped watering but her lips kept chanting.She pulled herself up and side-hugged her guitar.She walked down the road,head down,not knowing where to go.She kept humming the same words over and over again."Come back home..." .She lifted her head up lazily and a night club caught her attention.She tried to read the shining letters above the door but the sight was blurry.She slowly walked closer then read the name of the club."Ses lèvres..." .The words rolled on her tongue but no sound was coming out of .