High School.

I,who was heartless.

 

 

 

                           

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8OeJJ7tNDo


 

Waking up at 6, I checked all of my belongings and dressed myself to go to school. High school. Finally a new start. I looked at myself in the mirror. Was I smiling right now? It felt nice to see a smile on my face, I have to admit it but I’m the only one who’s worth seeing this. From now on, I’ll have to protect myself well. No weakness. I won’t make the same mistake twice, only a fool would, right? Let’s go now.

 

“Hyo Jin-a! You won’t eat breakfast?”

“No, I’m not hungry. I will just eat something at school. I’m going.”

I had to walk, but it was close, so it only took a few minutes. I checked around, a lot of people were here early.

“Ouch..”

I just bumped into someone.

“Are you okay?”

The girl was so pretty. Light brown hair, her big eyes seemed worried.

“Yes, I am. I’m sorry, I wasn’t seeing where I was going.”

“You must be new because I’ve never seen you before.”

“It’s my first year of high school.”

“Welcome then!”

“Thank you.”

“Do you know where your class is?”

“No, I’m kind of lost here. It’s big.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll help you, I know this school as well as the palm of my hand.”

She was nice, not only a ‘pretty face’. Most of the girls I knew were arrogant and selfish. Well, it was like that in my past school.

“Oh! I forgot!” She said while clapping her hands “What’s your name?”

“Hyo Jin, Kim Hyo Jin.”

“I’m Go Hye Jung Shall we go?”

I nodded. She slipped her arm into mine like we were old acquaintances. Is she in her right state of mind? Right when I  was thinking about her behavior, she turned her head toward me and smiled. We then started searching for my name in every class list but in vain.

 

“It’s weird that we couldn’t find your name.” She said while frowning. Always as cute.

“Ah, right! There’s a class next to mine. They added it last year, because a lot of people started to register here. That would be so nice, if it was yours! It’s kind of far from the entrance but it’s calm and we would be next to each other! Let’s hurry.”

“Finally we found it! Here’s my class if you need anything.” She said while pointing to the only class next to mine.

 “Thank you.” I said while bowing.

 

 What a great start! My classroom is deep inside that hole called school, the last one on the right. Can we even see clearly there?

“No, you don’t have to. Chanyeol-a!”

“Oh, Go Hye Jung, Hi!”

That voice, I know it. I’m hallucinating, right? It’s impossible. How could it be?

I wanted to turn my face to check but it would be too awkward, it would seem like I care. And if it’s not him, I will be too disappointed.

“Hye Jung-a, have you been well?”

He was next to me, it’s time to check. When I raised my head my eyes suddenly met his. Yes, it’s him. I’m too embarrassed right now. Why is it suddenly hot in here? Am I blushing? No, he shouldn’t see me in this state.

“Chanyeol-a, this is our new junior Hyo Jin.”

“Hello. Please take care of me.” I said while bowing. I did my best so my hair could dress my red cheeks.

“Oh, yeah. Nice to meet you.”

I felt him smiling but I couldn’t even raise my head to see it. I’m the silliest girl on earth! I missed such an opportunity. I should have acted coolly but I couldn’t.

“I will go meet my new classmates. See you later.”

“Uh, see ya Hyo Jin-a!” Hye Jung waved at me.

 

While I was going to enter the classroom, I heard them talking.

“Really Chanyeol? We are in the same class again? I’m so happy.”

That means that I will be seeing him often since he is next door. Why is my stomach hurting? It feels weird. I’m happy and scared at the same time. Why? I have no idea.

 

I felt stares on me. Someone was checking me out from head to toe. My instinct was right. A group of girls were eyeing me. I hope that this year will be different. I can’t afford to spend it like last year. My mood completely changed, without controlling myself, without noticing, my eyes started shooting death glares around the class.

 

Only two sits left. None of the back sits was available. I, at least, wanted to have one next the window to look at the court but they were all taken. The only ones left were next to each other, one being in the first row next to the door. From those we could see what was happening in the corridor and another in the second row. No thanks. I don’t like being between people and the corridor seems more interesting than the classroom actually. I went to take place. It wasn’t bad. We could see the blue sky from here too. Better than nothing, that was my punishment for being late.

 

Before sitting I could notice that walnut behind me smiling while looking at me. I was about to do so too and then I remembered that I shouldn’t so I just ignored him. He must have found the show entertaining. A new girl who shoots death glares as soon as she enters school. Great Kim Hyo Jin, you are doing great. Best way to be friendly and make friends. Didn’t you want this year to be different?

 

I put my cheek on my hand while laying down in frustration. A minute didn’t even pass that I felt someone nudging me. What does he want? I’m really not in the mood to play with him.  Act like you are sleeping, it’s the best way. He would understand if he has a gram of brain in that walnut head of his.

 

Suddenly, something hit me.  I redressed myself. What was that? A ball of paper? Is he serious? How old are you dude? I took a deep breath and decided to ignore him once again. Did you think that he would stop? No way! I felt another thing hitting my head. I will let it go this time. Only this one. Get ready boy to fight if that is what you are searching for. This was the third time! I was ready to declare war. I turned to face him. I was ready to speak out about his childish behavior when I saw him laughing.  I didn’t know what to do at the time. My poker face was on. He thinks that he could get out of this mess he created just by laughing? Wait, I will show you where you belong to right now. I took a deep breath and opened my mouth wide when I heard someone entering. Was it the teacher? What a great timing!

“You are lucky the teacher came to save you” I muttered between my teeth.

He must have heard it. I hear him laugh. That annoying laugh. I hope that the teacher would change our sits because I seriously can’t stand him. Annoying little brat. He doesn’t even look my age. Doesn’t show any kind of respect. I couldn’t finish insulting him in my mind when the teacher gathered our attention.

 

“Everybody, please be attentive! I see that there’s a few new faces here. Welcome to Gangnamu High school!”

I was greatly welcomed because of that walnut behind me, thanks!

“I can’t introduce each one of you, but you have a new friend that came at the same time as me.”

Like I care!  Did I tell you that our classroom was painted in white? That’s my favorite color.

“Please introduce yourself.”

I think that they renovated the school. Between us, I don’t think that that white will hang in there for long. It will soon turn into gray.

“Hello everybody. I’m Lee Jae Jin. Nice to meet you.”

Lee Jae Jin?


AN: I'm really sorry because it's been a while since i uploaded. I'm just really busy with school. But i will try my best. Thank you!