Coffee Shop.

I,who was heartless.

AN: Hello guys, this is my first chapter ( lol,pretty obvious).

I feel soooooo damn nervous. I spent  much time on this , so i hope you`ll enjoy it, or maybe just appreciate my efforts~ 

This is also my first time writing a fanfiction.

Please cheer me up \o/


                 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIQL_9YKx60


 

Sitting next to the window in the nearest coffee shop of my future high school, I was sipping my hot chocolate while listening to the sweet and calm songs playing and watching people passing by. It was my second time here. Totally different from the places I used to go to with my best friend. I felt kind of protected here, my mind was at ease.No more memories of him and no parents nagging.

It wasn’t big or small. It was exactly perfect. Some pictures were hung on the wooden wall. Most of them were landscapes from different countries. It looked beautiful and made you want to go see them with your own eyes. Others that were hung next to the counter, where the barista was occupied serving his clients, were from him and his friends if I could say so. 

The latter was actually young, and wasn’t there yesterday. Maybe he was the substitute of the real one and they must be friends seeing their pictures together. I accidentally heard two waitresses complimenting him and saying that he was doing a great job instead of his friend who entrusted him the place while he was overseas. So I judged that the pictures were all really taken by him. It must be nice to travel everywhere, seeing new faces, learn human’s different cultures.

“It must be nice to be able to escape the same routine.” I thought as I took another sip of my tepid chocolate.

 An hour went by since I entered this shop. I wonder when I could get home without my mom being suspicious of anything, without her asking me a ton of questions. Should I just tell her the truth? She wouldn’t understand. She would only remind me how clumsy I can be. So here I am, waiting for the minutes to flow quickly. However, they are taking their time.

Since I wasn’t sitting far from the glass door, I saw a tall guy entering. It was him. The same guy that took my breath away, made my heart beat yesterday. Is it even possible for my broke organ to beat again? Yesterday, I felt it. Yesterday, my eyes were glued on him all the time. I noticed how tall he was, how cute his features were and especially how bright his smile was.

That smile.

The kind that was pure and sincere, the kind that cheered people up. It has deep inside the kind of feeling that I wanted to be able to give to some people, but couldn’t anymore. After my arguing with Jae Jin, everything about me changed.

That shinning boy looked so gentle, so innocent. He didn’t seem to notice all the girls eying him, but he did smile back to some waitresses that neglected their work to eye him greedily. He must be friendly. He was wearing the same black jeans as yesterday, same cap but with a different t-shirt. He opted for a white one this time with black converse. He was talking and laughing with the young barista while waiting for his commend. He must be a regular here. Maybe that’s why I came here. I wanted to see that smile again.

When that bright guy left, I didn’t feel like staying in it anymore. I had drank half of my cup and the other half was left hitting the cold air while I was passing out, still I drank it in one go and decided to go back home. As I was on my way home, I felt the cold wind hit my face. Autumn has finally opted to come. My first day of high school was approaching.

I walked slowly and arrived half an hour after. Normally, it would take fifteen minutes but I couldn’t go home now, my mother would get suspicious. Because it’s her duty to follow every move I make and every step I take. She would always get quickly worried and would nag like there was no tomorrow. I sat on the three stairs in front of our house’s door entry and took out my music player.

Our house wasn’t small, but big enough for us to live comfortably in it. It was made of wood with green tiles. Large trees were surrounding the small house. My father said that his dad was the one who built it. He was an architect like him. He also added that the trees were there to kind of protect us. And truthfully, I felt safe around them.

“Hyo Jin-ah.”

I turned my head hearing my mom’s voice.

“Where’s Jae Jin? Did he just leave?”                                                                                

I had to lie again.

“Yes. His mom called him.”

“Really? It’s a pity. I made a delicious cake for both of you”

I hummed. Seeing that I wouldn’t talk, she shrugged her shoulders and added:

“Well, maybe next time. So where did you guys go?”

I had to quickly think of a place where we used to hang out but my mind suddenly went blank. Lying is really not my thing.

“We just walked around you know.”

“Oh, I see. You must be tired. Maybe that’s why I can’t see your usual smile when you come back from your hangs out with him. Or maybe you are angry because he went home early today?”

She giggled and went back home.

“Finally, she went in” I thought.

“Aren’t you coming? It’s cold and my cake is getting cold.” Yelled from the kitchen’s window.

“Yes. I’m coming.”

“Here, take a piece.”

Not that cake. I could eat anything but not that one. Not today. I didn’t feel like it. I would explode any time. But I had to, so I started to engulf big parts of it in my mouth. It reminded me of too many memories.

Jae Jin used to like it a lot. We always argued about who he liked more, the cake or me. We always played while trying to bake it, our faces were always covered by huge amount of flour and in the end it transformed into whipped cream and chocolate. My mom used to yell at us and laugh at the same time, saying that we looked like Indians ready to fight, so we never really stopped doing it every time we were in the kitchen alone.

I felt the tears threatening to fall, so I ran to my bedroom, closed the door and let back drag on the door, head on my knees, I let it all out. That was it. The first time I cried after he just decided to erase me from his life.

I didn’t want to cry, that just meant that it was the end. That I wouldn’t see him anymore. We wouldn’t laugh, play and argue with each other. That just means that I lost the most important part in my life. The only one that understood me, the only one that I thought really cared about me. But what now? I’m all alone in this room that doesn’t see the light anymore.

It’s just too painful.

I didn’t want to be reminded of that, to feel this kind of tingle that wouldn’t leave my throat every time I thought of him. I never thought that it would happen. I couldn’t even understand what sin did I commit. Was this really a punishment well deserved? I had a lot of questions left without any kind of answer replaying in my head.

The tears that were falling were telling me that it was really over.


How was your first impressions? Did you like it so far?

Please leave some comments, i'll considerate them all.~

-Coomet.