Ditching School.

I,who was heartless.

 

                                               


The next day I didn’t want to go to school. Of course I heard a lot of nagging. And my mother almost pushed me out of the house before throwing my backpack. I really didn’t want to face Jaejin. Only today. I wanted to clear all my feelings for him. After what happened yesterday, I was sure that I would soon be able to erase him. I just needed a little more time. That’s why I came to take the best decision I’ve ever taken. Ditching school. It’s only the second day so I don’t think that they would call my parents. And what if they do? I could maybe explain? I should stop thinking about the worst of the worst. I have to enjoy today’s freedom and start anew.

The problem is that I didn’t know where to go. Where could I forget everything? Plus I was wearing my high school uniform.

I had to cross the road. I was waiting for the red light while thinking about a place to hide. When I lifted my head to check if it was okay for me to pass, I saw that coffee shop. It was literally winking at me, telling me to enter.

Even if it was near school, it was the safer place I knew. And mostly the only near place I hadn’t visited with Jaejin. So no scent of him in here. I would be able to relax a bit.

When I entered, no one was there. No customer, no staff. Were they still closed?

I decided to walk around the shop and get a closer look to every single picture since I could freely do so.

“Oh, so this is what the savannah looks like. Oh my God! That’s a big lion.”

“And this is San Francisco Bridge!”

“Bora Bora! And oh these are the Mal...”

“Maldives. Yes.” Said a voice behind me.

I turned back and faced the barista of the coffee. I quickly bowed.

“I’m sorry for entering while no one was here. I thought that it was open.”

“Oh no! It is open. And aren’t you a regular customer? You came here a lot right? Why didn’t you come this month? Is our shop so lacking?” He said while pouting.

“No way! I’m really in love with it. I just didn’t have time to come. That’s all.”

“Ouff. I’m glad to hear it.”

Why was he so cute? It felt like he was younger than me. Flawless skin, chubby cheeks and big eyes.

“Oh and by the way my name is Minseok. Nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you too, I’m Kim Hyojin.”

“So Hyojin-ah, are you ditching school?”

I started laughing nervously. Quite embarrassed.

“I really didn’t feel like going. Spending my last day of freedom.”

He started laughing.

“Your last day of freedom? And you are spending it here? In this coffee shop?”

“Mostly. I have nothing else to do.” I sighed.

“No friends to ditch with?”

“No friends.”

“Well, take a seat here. What do you want to order?”

“I feel like drinking a hot chocolate!”

“With marshmallows?”

“Oh my God! Yes! That’s really my weak point.” I almost yelled at the idea of marshmallows melting in the hot chocolate and most importantly in my mouth.

“I will go prepare it for you. And don’t worry, soon you will have someone to ditch with.” He winked and entered the kitchen.

What did he mean by that? Maybe he was trying to cheer me up, saying that I would soon have a friend?

“Hyung! I’m so sorry, I’m late.” Said a deep breathy voice.

I rubbed my eyes. Was I dreaming? Didn’t I have enough  sleep? What was he doing here? Morning coffee?

“Hyung!”

“Yes, Chanyeol.”

“You won’t fire me right?”

He was working here? Since when?

“I know that it only had been two days but please don’t get mad. You are my friend before being my boss right?”

Friend?

I was watching the amusing scene while biting on my lips to hold my chuckles. Chanyeol was so cute begging his friend.

“Chanyeol stop it, you’re going to scare the customers.”

“What are you talking about hyung? Obviously, no one is here. Look its empty.”

“Not there.”

He said while pointing at me. I didn’t know what to do. I wanted to hide someone far away. I was kind of embarrassed. So I acted like I didn’t care at all, looked at the window and covered my right facial part with hair.

“She’s wearing your uniform. Skipping school like you, maybe? Her order is ready.”

“So you aren’t firing me hyung right?”

“Nope.”

“ASSA!”

“Can you stop strangling me and start working? Her hot chocolate won’t be called hot anymore if you carry on your childish act.”

“Yes, sorry, going right now!”

“Welcome! Here’s your order.” He said while posing it on the table.

“Wait, aren’t you Hyo Jin?”

I looked up at him with an embarrassing smile.

“Y-Yes.”

“Why didn’t you go to school?”

“I didn’t feel like going.”

“Wait. Is someone bullying you?”

What?

“Why aren’t you answering? So it’s true. I’m going to go beat them, I swear, these little brats because you are new and polite, they dare bully you!”

“No, no, no. Really, there’s nothing like that.”

“Really?”

I nodded while smiling.

He suddenly sat across me. I wasn’t expecting that at all.

“So why didn’t you go? Can I know the reason?” He said while tilting his head to the side.

I stayed silent. I didn’t know how to answer his question.

“If you don’t want to tell me, then it’s fine you know. It must be really personal.”

“Yes, I mean no, it’s not that I don’t want to tell you. I kind of don’t care whether someone would know about it or not since it’s in the past. The thing is that I don’t know from where to start.”

I didn’t regret my answer. As soon as I looked into his face, he was giving me a big genuine smile.

“We have a lot of time you know. Plus, no costumer for the moment.”

After reorganizing my thoughts, I decided to talk. People say that talking about something, helps you get over it. I really hope that it’s true because I’m telling all this to my crush since there’s no one who would listen.

“Euh, well… My childhood friend was my best friend and one day without any notice, he stopped caring about me. He was getting colder each time we met. One day he came to me and ended our relation. Even though, he is the one who did that , I feel that he can’t assume it, you know. I asked for the reason many times but the only thing he does when we meet is teasing me. He is like super mean. I don’t know why he does that.”

“Hum...I think that he must have some feelings for you.”

“What? I don’t think so at all. I mean look at the way he treats me! It’s impossible.”

“Really? Then I don’t know why he is acting this way.” He frowned.

“And yesterday we had another fight and now I’m trying to clear up my feelings. That’s why I didn’t go to school. I don’t want to see him today, at all.”

“So you like him?”

Was I caught? How did he know? Was I too obvious? I mean “my feelings” don’t really involve love, right? Should I lie?

I really panicked but I didn’t want to lie to him. He seemed to be really nice and honest. And why would I lie? It’s not like something would happen between us, he has a girlfriend. And it’s not like my feelings now would have any impact on any kind of relationship we would have after.

“I-I…do.”

Silence. I looked up to see him looking at me. His stare was kind of different. It wasn’t a happy one, nor a caring or “Oh, I understand” one. Was it pity? No it didn’t look like it. Maybe something similar? I could only notice how the color of his eyes got deeper. They were so clear and bubbly a minute ago.

“But now I will forget him. I attend to go to the places we went to together once again for the last time. I know that it sounds stupid but I have to fill up my day.” I laughed nervously.

“Chanyeol, why don’t you go with her?” Minseok asked.

What?

“I don’t really mind hyung but it’s about her and that guy. In addition to that, she might feel uncomfortable and I have work, remember?”

“Don’t worry, just go. Work? I can handle it myself. And I have to say that it’s better if you’re not alone. Look, Hyo Jin, if you go alone, you will only cry your eyes out. And everytime you’ll pass by the same places, you’ll remember him and how much you cried that day, so it’s not effective at all. But it Chanyeol goes with you, you might have fun and forget about him. I’m older than you and I’m an experienced person.”

Chanyeol rolled his eyes which made me chuckle.

“You see? Chanyeol is perfect for that. He would seriously make you forget everything!”

“Hyung, you seem weird today, you know that?”

“Oh really? Well, I don’t really care. So Hyo Jin-ah, what do you think?”

“I like the idea but we don’t know each other and maybe he doesn’t want to. Plus, you know the shop will soon be filled up and you won’t have anyone to help you.”

“I can handle it myself. I don’t even know why I’m paying this brat. Are you ready?”

“Yes.” We answered at the same time and started laughing.


AN: Im sorry because I ddidnt upload anytime sooner. Too many eaxams. I hope that you are enjoying the story tho. Babye~