Connected.

I,who was heartless.

                      '

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN0NXq8YhRo


 

“Going home?”

I was going to head home when a walnut blocked my way.

“Yes.”

“So you walk home?”

“Yes, as you can see. Heading this way too?”

He only nodded.

What is he thinking about?

He suddenly stopped walking so I had to turn to see what was wrong with him.

“Mind spending time at the park before heading home?”

“Why not.”

“Let’s go!” He said while clapping.

Kim Jongin is a child.

We decided to sit on a close bench when we arrived.

It was four. Kids were playing on the green grass. The sun was still warmly shinning but it wasn’t hot. The weather was just fine. Even if I knew that my mother would scold me later for being late, I didn’t regret coming here.

Next to us, two kids were being loud fighting for a plastic car. The strongest one got away with it leaving the other crying. Jongin stood up first and cupped the kid’s cheeks in his hands, wiping his tears.

“He is so mean! How could he do that to a cutie like you? Huh?”

The kid stopped crying and looked up at the walnut head.

“Kim Jongin, you are doing a good job” I thought.

He was actually, but he had to try to act funny. Wanting to do so, he got up and threw his fits in the air.

“And that’s for stealing the car.”

The kid resumed crying.

“Kim Jongin, you are useless.” I thought.

At that exact moment, the kid’s mother came to save me from all the cries that were giving me a headache.

“What are you doing to my poor kid?”

“I-I was just..”

“How old are you? Are you having fun making him cry?”

“No, I didn’t. I was only..”

“Teenagers these days are hopeless.”

That was her last sentence before she took her child and walked away from us.

Jongin turned to face me, a shocked expression on his face.

That was it. I couldn’t take it anymore. I bursted into laughter.

“How-How can you laugh right now?” He said while releasing soft ironic laughter.

“This kind of situation was so unexpected!”

He sat down next to me and we started laughing together.

“Oh my God! My stomach is hurting!”

“It’s my ego who is!”

“Yah, walnut head I didn’t know that you were this funny!” I stood up while imitating the action scene he had imagined a few minutes ago.

“I don’t know why it didn’t work this time. But it normally does with kids. That was an exception!”

I sat back and sighed. It’s been a while since I hadn’t laughed this way.

“Why are you sighing? Are you that tired of laughing?”

Should I be honest?

“Yes, I am. It’s been a while since I didn’t laugh this way. I missed the feeling of my stomach hurting, of my heart beating agreeably fast. I missed laughing heartedly with someone. So yeah, I wanted to thank you for bringing me here.”

“I’m glad. At least now you know how funny I am.”

“Sure.”

“Wait..”

“Huh?”

“Did you call me walnut head earlier?”

“What? No! Why would I call you that?”

“Are you sure?”

“Of course!”

“Really?”

“Yes. I wouldn’t think out loud!”

Oops!

“So you did call me a walnut head right?”

“I wanted to call you walnut to make it shorter but it’s only your head that looks like it.”

“Woah..That’s a first.”

“What?”

“It’s the first time I hear someone call me walnut. I got a lot of nicknames you know but this one is the first ever.”

“Since it is, you will surely remember it.” I winked.

“It’s my ego who will remember it.”

“That’s better.”

“You are actually pretty easy to talk to.”

“Why that remark out of the blue?”

“Nothing.” He answered calmly.

“Did you think that I was that hard to approach?”

“Kind of.”

“Hum…So you are disappointed now. I’m not a big challenge.” I said while laughing.

“No, no. I’m actually relieved. You could have been the kind of girl too fond of herself who wouldn’t talk to me.”

“Oh, I see.”

“I actually have a question.” I added.

“Suit yourself.”

“Why did you try to talk to me? What I mean is…I’m not really the kind of girl you would want to get to know.”

“Why is that?”

“I don’t know. I’m not the bubbly cute type.”

“So?”

“So, I’m different.”

“And is it good or bad?”

“Bad?”

“You see, you don’t have any solid excuse. You don’t even know what’s bad from different. It’s good to be different sometimes, you know. Maybe that’s why I talked to you? I don’t know the reason myself but when you entered while staring at everyone, I felt that maybe we could communicate well.”

“So, you just got the feel?”

“I have a reliable sixth sense as you can see.”

“Why is that?”

“Because we do communicate well.”

“Well..”

“What? You don’t think so too?”

“Well..”

“I swear I’m not buying you ice cream if you are like that!”

“We do communicate REALLY REALLY REALLY WELL. I felt connected to you when I first met you. No, WAY BEFORE. When I entered the school’s gate, I knew that I was connected to someone there and it was you in the end.”

“Aren’t you exaggerating?”

“Aren’t you buying me ice cream?”I said while pouting.

“Is that an aegyo?”

“What? No way!”

“Fine. Which flavor?”

“Strawberry.”

“Be right back.”

5 minutes passed.

I forgot for a moment how time could be so slow spending it alone.

For a first day, it had been so full of surprises. I met Park Chanyeol for the second time and made a new friend.

Now that I was alone, I couldn’t stop thinking about my absurd fate with Chanyeol. We are in the same high school. Above all that, his class is next to mine!

“Hyo Jin-ah!”

Who is calling me? Oh, it’s...

“Hye Jung sunbae!” Jongin called out.

 


AN: I’m sorry because my updates are kind of slow and I don’t have a specific day for uploads. I just can’t tell you that I will update every week but I can promise you one thing: I will update as fast as I can.

Also, Im very sorry if I change the chaptersnames, its just that when I want to upload fast,I name it with the first thing that pops into my mind and taketime to come up with another name. So yeah, Imsorry ><”.