This is up!

Arranged Marriage

Author's ...

 

 

Anna can't believe that her brother drive her new car. She call his brother.

(on speaker phone)

 

"You! What did you do with my car?!" She shouts.

"Calm down Anna!" He said.

 

Seconds passed.

 

"Damn. I can't find my keys. . Where's my car keys?" She's angry when she asked her brother.

"Stop cussing. I get the keys from ... you." Her brother said.

"Damn that. But how?" She ask.

 

Her brother explain how did he get the car keys from her. Anna got angrier, then her brother promise her something that she won't touch her car if she promise that she won't get drunk. Her safety is his concern. Anna starts to understand him. She said goodbye and hang up.

 

"Don't be angry at Minwoo hyung. He's just worried." Andy said to Anna.

"I know..." She said.

 

The awkward silence while they're on the road.

 

"I'm hungry. Shall we grab some food first before we go back to the hotel." She said to Andy.

"Sure. Where?" He ask.

"Anywhere.. but I want to eat Tteokbokki." She said.

"I know a great place." He said to Anna.

 

Andy's ...

 

I'm driving to the Tteokkbokki place where I always eat. They serve really spicy tteokkbokki and it's my favorite. They have some other foods too. But tteokkbokki is their best dish.

 

I glance at her. She's in a deep thought. She looks so.. how can I describe this. Uhmm, depressed? Or stressed?

 

"You okay?" I ask.

 

She glance at me and nod. Then look out of the window.

I pressed the button for the window. She looked at me.

 

"Fresh air for you." I smile at her.

"Thank you." She said.

 

We arrived at the tteokbokki place. As we eat our food, we chat and chat.

 

She left Korea since she was 20 years old. 7 year in America without vacation. She said she was so upset when her parents sent her there and then don't even dare to visit her. Only Minwoo hyung and Minho visit her. She graduated from Columbia University then after that moved to Los Angeles to work for the position of Department Head of Marketing Department of Drex Corporation. I heard that Drex Corporation is of the top marketing in Los Angeles.

 

"Are you done?" She ask.

"Yes, you?" I ask her.

"Yeah. Ajhumma!" She said.

"How much?" She ask and point the foods in our table.

"That'll be 25000 won." The lady said.

 

Suddenly, she fish out her wallet.

oh no.

 

"Hey, I'll pay for it." I said.

"Uh uh! No. I'll pay for it since you're giving me a ride." She said.

"No no no." I said and block the hands of the lady.

"I' pay for it." I said and give the money to the Lady. 

 

After that I stand up and grab her hand.

 

"Let's go." I said.

 

She just smiled at me.

I heard her thanked the ajhumma.

 

We're back at the road now.

I glance at her, she's looking at her phone.

 

"Damn. Can't wait for a week!" She said.

"What?" I ask her.

"Nothing." She said.

 

We're near in my hotel.

Her phone rings.

She answer it. It must be her parents or Minwoo hyung.

 

"What?!" She shouts.

 

I glance at her. She looks angry.

 

As she talks on the phone.

I stop at the front of the entrance of our hotel. I go out of my car and go around to open it but before I knew it. She got out of the car.

 

"Thanks for the ride Andy. Very much appreciated." She said to me.

"My pleasure." I said and smile at her.

 

Suddenly ...

 

"Andy?" Someone called me.

 

We both look at the direction where the voice come from.

 

To my surprise, It's mom and dad with..

Wait .. Minwoo hyung and his parents.

 

"." I heard Anna cuss.

 

I look at her. She's shocked too like me. 

They walking towards us until they stopped in front us.

 

"Where have you been?" Her dad ask her.

"Dad, I told you, she's with us." Minwoo hyung said.

 

Mr. Lee ignored Minwoo hyung.

I greet him and Mrs. Lee.

 

"Nice to see you too Andy, especially with our daughter." Mrs. Lee said.

 

What the. Damn, this is "not so great" event.

 

I glance at Anna. She rolled her eyes.

 

"I'm with the gang with Minwoo hyung and Anna." I said.

"Looks like your daughter is tired. You should rest Anna." Dad told Anna.

 

Anna give him a bit smile.

 

"Yeah, I'm a bit tired. Thank you for letting me stay at your great hotel. If you excuse me, I'll go up to my room. Take care. Be careful driving back." Anna said and bow to them.

"And Andy, Thanks!" She said and wink at me.

Then she starts to walk.

 

"You should go now. We'll talk to my daughter fist." Minwoo hyung's, I mean, Mrs. Lee said.

"I'll drive you home, Mom, Dad." I said.

 

I said goodbye to Mr. & Mrs. Lee, also to Minwoo hyung.

I give him a quick handshake, but he didn't let go of my hand.

 

"I'll talk to you tomorrow. Lunch time. In your office." He whisper to me.

"Yyy-yeah. s-sure." I said.

 

What the hell was that?

 

I open the door for mom and dad.

 

We're on the read when they ...

 

 

 

"How about Anna as your fiance, Andy? Perfect couple. Right hunney?" 

 

 

 

I hit the break.

WHAT THE I JUST HEARD?

FIANCE? WHO? ANNA?

 

I look back,

 

"WHAT? Fiance? Anna Lee?"

I shout at them.

 

"Andy! Are you trying to kill us?" Dad shout at me.

"Then wear your seatbelt."

I said.

 

"For god sake! Dad! Mom! What are you doing?" I said as I start the engine again.

"Why? You don't like her?" Mom asked.

"No! For god sake mom. She's Minwoo hyung's little sister. I just met her recently. I don't know anything about her. Her too, she don't know anything about me." I said.

"Your good for him Andy. And we already talked about this before the both of you go back her in Korea. Minwoo knows it too. That's why he's with us." Mom said.

 

What?

Minwoo hyung knows abou this.

This is so up.

 

"She's too good for me Mom. I don't want to ruin her life too." I said.

"What ruin? Marrying her is the best for you and for us." Dad said.

"C'mon Son. You need to marry her. It's for us. That's the only thing you can do for us. For the company." Dad said.

"But I'm working now. I'm helping you in the hotel. Still not contented? Me working and more over the heir of the hotel?" I ask angrily.

"That's my plan. You working and yes more over you'll manage it. And also I want, I mean, me and your mom wants the best for you. Anna is good." Dad said.

 

I stop the car again.

 

"What are you doing?" Dad ask.

 

I didn't answer him and just go out of the car. The security of mom and dad follows us with my car. I go near my car.

 

"Go! Drive them home." I said to their driver.

 

I hear dad murmur something as he walks towards me.

 

"What's wrong with you!" Dad shouts at me.

"Go back to the car dad. Jae. Drive them home." I said as I ride my car.

 

I start the engine and ignore my dad with mom.

 

I need to think about this. This is news. No good news. my family. They're controlling me again. I need to be alone. I need to move. I don't want to see nor talk to them.

 

Anna? Anna Lee as my fiance?

This is up!