Who Are You?

I'm Not Old, I'm EXOtic!

"Where are you?" I texted to Jin as I threw away the empty box of nachos. Although I watched a whole movie and hung around in the mall for hours, it seems like Jin still didn't arrive yet.

Seconds later, a text bubble appeared on the screen.

"I just arrived at the mall. You?" 

"I'm going to head to the stadium now. Where do you want to meet?" I pressed "send" before using a napkin to wipe my dirty mouth. But when I looked down, I gaped at the sight before me. My hoodie was filled with crumbs, the yellow chips contrasting with the black background. I quickly brushed them down, and used a napkin to wipe the sauce off. However, the color was still visible and wiping it only seemed to make it spread even more. How am I suppose to see EXO like this?? I glanced at my phone. 7:23. I still had around 30 more minutes. I might not get there on time, but if I rush now, I can definitely change my top. 

"Actually, I'm going to buy a shirt really quick. I'll meet you there." I wrote to Jin as I ran in hopefully the right direction to a clothing store. 

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw it. The store. When I turned around, a display of "Wolf" sweaters and a "One of a KInd" hoodie greeted me. I ran over, the bells on the top jingling as I pushed the door. 

There was practically no one inside except for the sales clerk who had dozen off on the counter. The store was dimly lit with a few chandeliers hanging that seemed to cast shadows across the walls. There were many Kpop sweaters on the racks, ranging from SNSD hoodies to cute Korean brand dresses near the back of the store. However, most of the clothes here were EXO, like the store had planned for my arrival. Both the white and black sweaters EXO had worn to performances were stacked neatly on the shelves, with some on the racks for display. I gently grazed my finger against a Kai sweater, taken aback by the warmthness it seemed to give. Remembering the limited time I had, I quickly grabbed a gold version off the racks and raced to the dressing room to try it on.

The fit was perfect. I smiled and swirled around several times, my eyes never leaving the mirror. Suddenly, the light flickered several times and the music that had been blasting "XOXO" began to stutter. When the noise finally cleared, the lights went off.

I held my breath. Maybe it was a just a technical issue or the sales clerk playing a prank on me so he could close his store for the night.

A few moments later, the lights stopped flickering and the music resumed as if nothing happened. See? I was right. I breathed a sigh of relief and stormed out of the stall. 

I tapped the sales clerk who had slept through the horror. It took one violent shake before he gasped and jolted up, putting on his glasses in a frenzy. When he noticed me, he rubbed his eyes before continuing to stare at me some more with a bewildered face. I frowned, wondering if I was really that stunning in the sweater. Then it hit me. I had the sweater on!!

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" I said and was about to take it off when he yelled, "Don't!

Taken aback by the surprisingly strict tone from such an innocent face, I released my grip on the sweater. 

"It-It's free. T-take it." The clerk stammered softly and turned around, without ever looking back at me. 

Puzzled, I shrugged and headed towards the exit. I took one final glance back at the clerk. He stayed in the same position as he had before, frozen. Whatever happened, it was none of my business as I still have a concert to attend!!!

--

By the time I had arrived at the stadium, the sidewalk enclosing it was still filled with teenagers who had been waiting at the back of the line probably since morning. There were still a few minutes left before the show would start. I made my way over and camouflaged nicely among the other fangirls. Some of them gave me glares as I pushed my way to the middle. My phone vibrated in my pants pocket. I whipped it out, receiving a text from Ha Na. "Where are you? I'm with Jin and we're already inside!!!" Right when I was about to reply, a few girls behind me suddenly began to push ahead, shoving me in the process. "Ahjumma, move out of the way!" 

I scowled and rubbed my arm from the impact. Not wanting to lose, I squeezed myself back in and screamed with the rest of the girls. 

When I finally made it inside, the majority of the seats were already filled up. I quickly located my seat thanks to a staff member though I'm sure he just pointed me in a random direction so he could get rid of me. Thankfully, he was right as I made out the familiar wavy red hair Ha Na had before the lights began to dim. The seats Ha Na had brought for me was the one closest to the stage though there were no chairs for us to sit in. I didn't mind as the lights on stage lit up and a video began to play. I could see Kai on screen clearly. Roars of cheering from the fans continued, louder each time a new member came into view. My heart pounded as the video played on, knowing I was going to see the EXO members appear 5 feet before me in a matter of minutes. I squealed and latched my hand onto Ha Na's. She pulled away forcefully and I turned to her, surprised. What happened? Did she not believe I had arrived? Before I could think too much of it, the stage turned red and the EXO members emerged from the ground, gaining many screams from the crowd, of which included me. 

As the concert went on, the members began to move freely around the stage. I know I wasn't the only one pleading Luhan would notice me and perhaps even give a little wave. 

Look this way, Luhan!!!!

Luckily, Luhan was actually closeby, enough for him to notice me if he stared straight ahead. I waved my arms frantically, a bit disappointed I forgot to bring my lightstick. He looked around at the audience, singing his parts sweetly. This was my chance! 

"LUHAN!!!!!!!!!!!!" I squealed. 

All my desperate prayers and begging must have payed off because his deer eyes slowly made contact with mine. 

In that moment, I swear we were infinite. (Jkays)

For a second, he seemed to his eyebrow slightly before flashing me a uneasy smile and walked towards another part of the stage. 

This beautiful moment must have taken the energy out of me, literally, as I fell helplessly onto a bunch of girls' shoes. They tried to pry their shoes off and groaned when it wouldn't budge due to the weight. It look a few minutes to register the event that just took place. What had always been a fantasy became reality. Luhan looked at me....He smiled at me....

I ignored the frightened screams behind me as I shot up from the ground and screamed louder than I ever did before. 

--

When the concert finally came to an end, my throat was feeling scratchy and dry. I continued to smile, however, as EXO bowed and ended with their catchphrase, "We are one!" 

Everyone mustered the last of their voices to cheer for them before the lights came back on. 

"Oh my god, Ha Na! Guess what??" I squealed. 

Ha Na, who had been chattering with Jin, turned towards me, and released an ear piercing scream. To think she had lost her voice after the concert.

I was a bit scared honestly. Worried even, for all the reactions I have been receiving recently. What happened exactly? 

"Wh-Who are you?" She stuttered, clutching onto Jin for balance. 

"Ha Na...what's wrong...?" I said slowly. "It's me..Doo Mi." 

Her head shook frantically from side to side. This reaction was much more crazier than seeing Kai, that's for sure. 

"Fine, don't believe me? Let me show you a photo of me then." I gave up and reached for my phone.

Before I clicked the power button, I noticed it. There, on the black screen was an unknown face staring back at me. I squinted and tried to smudge it off. It was still there. I kept trying even though I knew it would be impossible.

As much as I didn't want to believe it, it was true.

 

I had turned into an ahjumma.