D-Day

I'm Not Old, I'm EXOtic!

Today was the day

May 24. 

The day when I will finally see EXO.

And it's also the day my mom decides to lock my room.  

"Open up!" I cried as I pounded continously on my door. I made sure not to wrinkle the EXO Wolf poster while doing so. 

"Psh, are you kidding me?" Mom snorted. The sounds of clanging pots and frying eggs in the kitchen echoed throughout. 

I grumbled and trudged on over to my desk.

Apparently Mom locked my computer too as it didn't log in when I clicked on my user account.

"Why did you lock my computer?" I screamed over the running water.

Mom closed the faucet and replied, "Today is going to be your study day!" I could picture the grin she probably had on her face when she said it. 

"But, what about school?" I ran back to my door, thinking she would finally open it.

"I told the principal about your....issues and he decided staying home would be the...safest option." Mom chuckled softly. 

Oh god, the principal probably thinks I'm mental now thanks to my mom, who probably overexaggerated the situation. 

I sighed and using the door as my support, slumped down onto the floor. What am I going to do???

The sound of heavy thuds against the floor suddenly became evident. Mom was coming. She knocked lightly on the door. 

"Why are you knocking? It's not like I can open the door for you." I grumbled and shifted to the side if she were to come in.

"Oops, I forgot." Mom laughed and entered in with a tray of food in her arms. The aroma of mashed eggs and bacon taunted my stomach as it started to grumble. It was still 8 in the morning after all. 

"Why are the doors locked from the outside anyways?" I muttered and ran to my desk where she set the tray down.

"Whoever lived here before must have been an EXO fan as well." Mom shrugged and yet another smile spread across her face. I my teeth, knowing she was probably enjoying every second of this. 

"Eat this, and quietly study your Calculus textbook, ok?" Mom my hair as I sat down, a fork already in hand. 

I brushed her hand away and began to scarf down as much eggs my fork can grab. 

"I have to leave now for work." Mom said. I shifted away from the food only to turn around. The door was left ajar. Ahh, I can see the light.

 would've ran to it if it wasn't for my mom walking towards it. 

I groaned and went back to my food. 

 

Right when the door clicked shut, signaling my mom had left, did my phone ring.

"Ha Na," appeared on the screen. I slid my finger to answer it and placed it on loudspeaker.

"Sorry Ha Na, but I can't go to th-" I sighed and decided to go for another piece of bacon when a shriek sounded, causing me to drop it in shock. 

"YOU WHAT?" 

"I can't go. My mom locked my doors." I stabbed at the eggs. 

"What about the fanboards we made yesterday? And the tickets????? You don't want to know the price I paid." 

"I'm sorry." I sincerely said and reached for the glass of orange juice. A tear started to form in my eye. 

A few seconds passed before Ha Na finally spoke. "Have you tried the windows?" 

I stopped wiping my eyes to turn to the left, where my bed was lined beside my large window. It didn't have much to show but the side view of my neighbor's house. A stream of morning sun shone down on the fence marking our boundaries as well as on the grass, making it exceptionally green. Fresh daisies that my mom planted started to bloom thanks to the plentiful rain yesterday. 

My eyes turned toward the window itself as I scanned for any sort of handle. Luckily, it was the kind where you would push it up to get out. 

"Oh my god, yes! Ha Na, I can get out through the window!!" I shot up and quickly tried lifting the window. It look a lot of strength, having not opened it due during the cold winters, but it eventually gave way. A gentle warm breeze hit me, giving off a refreshing feeling on my face from the dried tears. 

"Oh good! Now meet me at the concert by 5 okay? Jin is apparently coming as well." 

"Jin brought a ticket??" We all knew he never really listens to EXO, especially since he is more into hip hop with his group of friends, known as BTS. 

"Funny, right? Hey, I'm sorry, I would so love to go to the mall with you right now and prepare but I have to go to school and hand in some late homework to teachers." 

I was about to ask her if she was going to stay at school but then I remembered. Her mom lets her go anywhere, shop anywhere, and do almost anything anywhere unlike my mom who traps me home just because I wanted to see a concert. 

"Have you decided what to wear already then?" I asked. 

"You know that varsity jacket I told you I ordered? Well, it came in the mail and I'm so excited to wear it!! But I seriously need to decide what makeup I should do!! Natural or smokey?" Ha Na raved, her screechy voice present again. 

"Uh....natural? Can they even see your eyes in the dark?" I wondered. 

"Oh shush, Doo Mi. We have front row seats and I must look pretty for Kai." Ha Na squealed. 

"Okay. Well, I guess I will find Jin then." I hung up and quickly grabbed a hoodie with some cash. 

With much hesitation, I slowly went towards the open window.

Nice to meet you, EXO. I'm Kim.Doo.Mi. 

Well, here goes. 

I took a deep breath and hopped over. 

 

 A lot of talking, I know but it's hopefully going to get good next chapter! ^^