Chapter 8

Love Impossible, Love Possible

 

Before you start read this chapter, I would to suggest to you. You can read this while listening to 'Heaven by Ailee'. Have fun while read this chapter. Please leave some comment too. It's my vitamins! ^^

__________

 

 Their conversation keep going and going until the `LOVE` topic came up. At first he rufused to tell about it, but after Ji Hyo told her past love story, he think it's not fair for her. He should be more brave. Be a man. So he start his love story, " I'd fall in love with her for seven years already. " Ji Hyo was shocked by the statement. " Really ? She is lucky girl ! " he just smile awkwardly hearing that. 'If just she know who I'm talking about.. ' he thought alone and slowly shake his head thinking about he never exist in her life before.

" So.. What happened ? Tell me more.. Please.. " he can't say no when she start to beg him. " Okay, okay. So let's start from.. Hmm..We were from same college. I did try to approach her but, maybe, because her boyfriend much better from me, she chose him instead of me. You know.. " he point his finger to his face, " He much more handsome than this, " then he continue with show his limb " It much more muscular than this.. And last but not least, he much more rich than me.. " once again, Ji Hyo was shocked by his confession. (A/N : I'm sorry if JH look bad here, but sometimes we didn't realize if others are talking about ourselves, right ?)

" Really ? I'm sorry about that. But how can she chose him just because of appearance ? I'm not agree with you ! " he just give a nod that he is okay and shrug off his shoulders as an answer to her question.

" Hmm.. I don't know. Maybe he was her style ? " he pause the conversation for a while, " Hey ! How about we make a bet ? " he suddenly blurt out a idea. Maybe as a prove for her, too. He then continue, " Some people fall in love because of appearance. " after saw her confused face. " Hmm.. Okay ! Deal ! I will prove it to you that people not fall in love based on appearance. Anyway it's still early.. And Min Jung already sleep, too.. So, let's go. " she answered him after think about his ridiculous(?) idea for a seconds. " Okay then ! But first, we need to change your image. Come. " he take her to her room and out of nowhere, he came with some of Min Jung's hairpins, hairbands and a hairdryer in his hands.

" Yah did you know how to use all of this stuff ? " ask Ji Hyo nervously after saw a satisfied smile plastered on his face. " Nope ! And that's the point ! I'm gonna give you some touch up.. " said Gary happily. This is the first time he can be this nearest with her. He even can touch her. On cloud nine. " Hey, I found this shirt outside. Change into it. I wait you at living room. " said Gary with an old shirt in his hands. " What ? I use that to clean... my laptop's screen. " she not even finished with her sentence, he already left the room and closed the door.

 

After about half hour, they finally went out and depart to a place which popular among teenagers and adults. It's in the middle of busy city. A place that popular with their pub and casino. Fortunately for them that it was weekend night and there were many people. They hit jackpot somehow. " So what do you want me to do now ? " ask Ji Hyo after they wandering around the youngers who hangs out with their friends, play with their skateboard, or busking with their team.

" Well, as you can see now. We had many people here. Boys and girls. Ladies and gentlemen. I want you to had at least five, no it'll be too much. Just three, three of their phone number. If you can, then you win. If I win, you need to follow my order, can you ? " 

" What the.. I'm your boss, okay ! " she crossed her hand in front of her chest and continue, " However, fine. I'll let you know that people fall in love not based on good looking face ! " said Ji Hyo determinedly and start to walk to ask for their phone's number. Gary start to followed behind her slowly but not too close.  Just close enough for him to hear or look the respond from the men and look at her respond face.

She start with her first victim, a guy around 20 years old. Look like a student still working on his assignment while enjoy his drink. However, soon as Ji Hyo sit on one of empty chair, the guy looking around. " Why ? Are you looking for someone ? " ask Ji Hyo nervously. " Nope. But I think you sit at the wrong place. Plus, I got an assignment that I need to get it done as soon as possible. So please don't disturb me. I'm busy. " said the man respectfully to Ji Hyo.

She stood up and walk to Gary, " So, what did you get ? " ask Gary playfully even he already saw all of it. " He ask not to disturb him. " Gary burst out of laugh. " It's okay ! He is the first victim. There's still many here. Just you wait ! " he nod while rub his stomach that already hurt. " Okay I'll wait for you here. " said Gary while look into her eyes, he paused for a while and continue, " But remember you only have time till 9.30 p.m. " She nod as an answer and walk off to find another target. Her heart beat faster than usual when he said that he will wait for her.  She feel like he already wait for her for a long time. But she just not sure with her heart.

' I will always wait for you here. Just like seven years ago till today that I can even hang out with you now. ' thought Gary alone after she went for her next target.

 

***

It's already 9.37 p.m. and Ji Hyo still can't get any of their phone's number. " Yah, let's go. It's late already. And it's look like the sky will rain at anytime soon. " Ji Hyo pout to him, ask for her last chance. However Gary was strict, while shake his head and pull her arm to Metro Rail station (they are in LA, if you already forget, you can re-read chapter 3), " No. What if you fall sick tomorrow ? Who want to look after Min Jung ? It's my day off tomorrow. It's weekend. " ask Gary seriously with full of concern towards both of girls. She finally give up with him. Her face feel hot, heart beat faster, mouth lock tightly hearing his concern and with his little skinship. She even feel weird when she pout and begging for her last chance. She think this is the first time she being like that. Even when with her ex-husband, she never do the pouting and begging things. 'Did I already fall in love with him ? Why I feel so comfortable around him ? ' she thought alone and stop her steps after feel like she walk alone. She turn to see Gary who his eyes already locked to a advertisement of computers and laptops. She took a few steps backward. " Did you really love computer ? "

" Oh, yeah sure ! It was third in 'my love' list. " he was startled by her question that he almost told her that he was in computer science field before. If he do so, he might lose his job as Min Jung's nanny soon. He smiled proudly with his answer as cover. " Seriously ? May I know who got the first and second place ? " ask Ji Hyo curiously about his 'my love' list. " Of course you may know. First, my parent and second one is she. I hope it always can be like that till the end of my life. " answered Gary while continue their walk to rail station. She can felt that she slightly feel jealous towards whoever that girl was.

 

*** 

" I think I'm not myself today. At this time, have a cup of coffee would be fun. Would you like to have a cup of coffee first before you go ? " ask Ji Hyo soon after she step into her house. He look up to sky. " Maybe I can have some before I go. " his lips curve upwards. She gladly welcome him inside.

Both of them settled down on the couch with a cup of coffee in their hand. Soon they took their first sip, the rain start to knock the windows in rhythm. It set the mood right away to have a conversation. She that still curious about his seven years girl continue to ask him, " So, where is she now ? Why don't you go and confess to her if you know where she is ? "

He let out a small chuckle and answer her, " Maybe she is somewhere in this world... drinking a cup of coffee... with an unlucky guy.. " She startled by his answer. It hit her head make her think of herself at the moment. He suddenly took a deep breath, unconsciously Ji Hyo did the same thing, he continue, " Ji Hyo-shi, (I think is the first time he called her name) actually I want to tell you something... I.. " before he could finish his words, there was a man disturbed their conversation, Jung Hyun.

" Ji Hyo-ah sorry I came this late but.. " his eyes on Gary now. " Hey what are you doing here ? Ji Hyo-ah did you know him ? He was the one that stole my software ! " said Jung Hyun out of blue trying to make Gary was the crime. Gary furiosly shake his head to deny all his accusations. " Ji Hyo-shi, it's not like that ! This is what I want to tell you just now ! "

" What ? Are you trying to tell I'm the one that stole your software to Ji Hyo ? " said Jung Hyun with a 'I'm gonna win this fight' face. He turn to Ji Hyo, " Ji Hyo-ah, I think it's better you let him leave this house ! Who knows he might 'stole' your kid after this ! " continue Jung Hyun. The weather going bad. From just drizzly raining, now it's already turn to rain heavily with strong wind that keep blowing into the house trough opened windows. The surrounding was very cold.

She was very shocked by the statement. She don't know which one is diamond and which one is plastic. Which one of them the true one. After think for a while at the end of couch, she finally stood up, " I think Jung Hyun is right. For the time being, you don't need to come here. I will take care of Min Jung on my own. " she said to Gary in guilty after what he had done for her family since the first day. after hearing that, Gary slowly make his moves toward the main door. He don't want to know anymore what happen inside. Jung Hyun was satisfied by Ji Hyo's words until, " I think Jung Hyun oppa should go home, too, now. I would like to be alone for now. I need times to think about what happened. " 

 

 

xxxxxxxxxx

Wohoo ! MC hang out together ! So what do you think about this chapter? Fun or not fun? I'm not good to write the fight part so I make it short. However I still love with the hang out part. ^^