Chapter 3

Love Impossible, Love Possible

Two weeks later (after meeting with Chang Joo)

 

Gary's POV

It's already been two weeks after my meeting with Baek Chang Joo-shi. I don't know what's the problem but he suddenly didn't want the software. So , today I have a meeting with a company that maybe will be interested with my software. 

   ' Very good presentation Mr. Kang. Very good. ' said the chairman seemed like he satisfied with my software.

   ' But we've heard that there is a Los Angeles-based company that is going to launch a similar software , and it's called... Unify. ' continued the chairman.

   ' Unify? But sir , I developed this software , it's absolutely original. It's not possible that someone could develop a software exactly like this one , it's just not possible , sir. '

   ' I hear what you're saying Mr. Kang. But our would not want to get involved in anything that harms our reputation. Anyway , thank you Mr. Kang , I wish you all the best. ' the chairman was already halfway to out but then I make him stop.

   ' Excuse me , could you tell me the name of that LA company? '

   ' Yeah sure. Pinnacle Software. '

   ' Pinnacle Software? Thank you. ' 

 

Author's POV

After the presentation, there is nothing else he did except keep thinking about his software until night. Then something come across his mind. He go to his laptop and check the history of his software.

   ' There is something not right. ' he thought to himself.

Actually when he went to make aphone call with his dad there is something happened that he , himself did not know. Chang Joo already transfer the program files that he asked from Gary into his USB.

 

Gary's POV

   ' So you're saying is that you have made this software. '

   ' Dad, I've been working on this for last seven years. '

   ' Okay, and now someone has stolen it from you? '

   ' Nae. Majayo. (that's right) ' then I walk to balcony with my dad.

   ' You know, Hee Gun, I'm to blame for making you like this. '

   ' Like what ? '

   ' Like me. Running away from unpleasantness , not fighting for your rights , but there's a reason behind this. After you omma passed away I just wanted to protect you from the rest of the world , and in the process I make you weak. '

   ' That's not true. '

   ' That's true. Now if you want to forget about this software and stay here with me , I'll still love you as much as I do right now. I'll still be proud of you. But if you go to LA and get your software back from that man then you will be proud of yourself. It's your decision , what do you want to do? '

I'm just listening to every word from my dad. Then he asked me what I want to do. I'm not answering his question right away instead praise him first.

   ' You know,... I have the best dad in the world. '

   ' I know that. '

   ' And I'm going to LA. :) '

 

 

* At LA *

 

Author's POV

So , the first day at LA , he just keep searching the location of that Pinnacle Software. Almost half day he has been looking for that company , finally he found it.

   ' Sorry sir , but there's no one with the name Baek Chang Joo working in any department of this company. ' said the girl at the front desk. Then , as usual , of course he will talk with his father. He call him.

   ' Dad , I'm sitting outside the Pinnacle Software. There's no one named Chang Joo here. I'm at loss , Dad. What should I do? '

   ' Son , don't lose hope and remeber one thing... that you have to get your software back no matter what , okay ? Believe in yourself , everything will be alright.'

   ' And what if I don't find him ? I don't think he is here at all. I don't know what to do. If this company releases my software then what can I do about it , Dad ? Please help me , I don't know what to do, I just , just don't know what to do anymore. ' He feel it's really messing inside of him right now.

   ' Relax , relax , Hee Gun-ah... just relax. Okay , do one thing. Close your eyes and take a deep breath. Now imagine good things around you. Imagine that there are new , beautiful computers around you. '

   ' And Ji Hyo ' he did what his dad told him to.

   ' Of course , of course with Ji Hyo... her too , ya ? Feeling good , right son? '

   ' Nae. Feeling really good. '

   ' Now open your eyes. '

Just when he open his eyes ,  Ji Hyo really just get out from her car.

   ' Feeling good ? '

 

Gary's POV

   ' I feel great , Dad , just great. I can see her , like..  like she's infront of me. She's just so beautiful. '

Seeing you after a long time gave me the same feeling which I got when I first opened my eyes and saw my mother , though I don't remember it well , but I still remember that warmth.

   ' Who ? ' *with whats-wrong-with-this-kid face*

   ' Ji Hyo , Dad ! Who else ? '

   ' Son , I told you to open your eyes ! '

   ' Dad, I already open my eyes but she's still infront of me ! '

   ' Okay , fine , no problem. Actually , this is even better. You keep dreaming about her ! So what is Ji Hyo is doing right now ? '

   ' Dad , she is going inside the Pinnacle office. '

   ' That's a good thing ! It's a good sign ! So , why don't you follow her into the office and fight for what's rightfully yours ? Get your software back, it's not me but Ji Hyo who is showing you the path. '

   ' You're right , Dad ! I'm going. '

   ' Keurae , good. '

So I going inside the office once again and talk to the front desk girl.

   ' Look , I'm not going to take no for an answer. I need to see someone right now ! '

   ' But.. '

   ' No ifs or buts ! I want to see someone , now ! '

   ' Okay , okay , sir , just calm down. Let me see what I can do. ' the girl then make a phone call.

   ' Hello , there's someone who wants to meet the head of PR urgently. Is that alright ? Okay , thank you. Sir , you can go to the fourth floor and meet up our public relations officer in charge. It's the first room on the left. '

   ' Okay, thank you. Sorry. '

   ' You're welcome. It's alright. '

Then I go up with the elevator.. And I was totally like...

   ' Oh My God ! '

The only words that came out as soon as I saw the sign at the door `Ji Hyo Song Head of PR & Marketing ` . Unbeliveable. However I still not going inside as I think this is not right. Then I get out from the office.

   ' Why I came out ? What's wrong with me ? Just go and talk to her , that's all ! ' and when I am about to go inside again , I see her call for a taxi. I don't know why but my heart says that I should follow her. So , I did follow. 

 

Author's POV

So he follow her until they reach at her home. She seems like very busy with a thing. 

   ' Min Jung , stop troubling me ! Min Jung , I can't deal with this , are you mad ? ' said a woman. 

   ' Min Jung ! Min Jung ! Stop it , have you lost your mind ? ' continued the woman while trying to catch the thing that had been throw by Min Jung.

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So here is chapter 3.. I know it's not good.. but I still want to write it.. :)

Sorry if it's too short.. I've been busy with exam.

 And......   If you curious who is Min Jung.. just wait for next chapter... ^^

Thanks for comments , upvotes  and subscribes.. <3