The best distraction is a phonecall

Coffee Shop

A/N: It may sound weird, but I am sitting here and kind of fangirling every time you comment, vote or subscribe. I feel really happy when you do, and I truly appreciate it ^_^ I am really grateful to all of you who wants to read my story, and I hope you're not growing tired of it.


 

And then, at that point, someone called him. As his phone played the irritating, default ringtone, Minseok flinched and started to look for his phone, slightly embarrassed. Who would call him at this point?! Luhan let out a short laugh, and Minseok could feel his cheeks burn. In the end he found his phone in his jacket in the hallway and quickly answered. He didn't even look to see who called.

"Bao...zi?" An unsure voice in the other end said in a low voice. It was Yixing! But then again, no one ever called him except for Yixing anyways so he probably shouldn’t be surprised.

"Yixing! What is it?" Minseok asked. His friend usually never used that tone. Something was up.

"Well..." Yixing stretched the word. "I was going to return that movie you lent me, but there are some shady guys with baseball bats and guns blocking your door. The whole floor, actually."

Minseok let out a sigh. "They've got guns as well?" he asked and ran over to the CCTV. And Yixing was right. One of them was throwing his gun lazily up in the air, bored.

"You don't sound as surprised as I thought you would be," Yixing said suspiciously.

Minseok slowly shook his head, even though he knew Yixing couldn’t see him. "A lot of things happened here and a lot of things happened there and right now I am trapped inside my apartment with Luhan," Minseok didn't bother to explain it all, because it would take a year to get it all right. And if Yixing was outside right now, there would only be a matter of time before the guys would notice.

"Trapped?" Yixing asked worried. He sounded like he was thinking hard.

"Yep, trapped," Minseok replied, twirling a lock of his hair, which he had left unstyled today. He was afraid that Yixing would be interrogated by the gang-members, so he was kind of anxious to get him out of here as fast as possible. What if they took him as a hostage? Then Minseok would have no idea what to do, and he wouldn’t even be able to postpone his problems, like he did with Luhan when they were eating.

Yixing became quiet for a while. "I can create a distraction, so you can get away," he said in the end.

"Nononono," Minseok shook his head stressed. "Absolutely not,"

"But you've been trapped for a while already, right? And anyways, I've always wanted to try this out," Yixing tried to persuade him. And Minseok’s end of the line became quiet for a while.

"Is it dangerous?" he asked in the end, still unsure, but a little bit less worried now. Yixing was pretty strong, after all.

"No, not at all," the one at the other end of the line grinned, knowing he had won Minseok over.

And Minseok sighed, knowing he had lost. "Just be careful, okay?"

No one replied, and he knew Yixing had started his plan. Because three seconds later, he started talking again, unusually loud.

"Oh, Minseok, you're not home? And I who was going to return this movie to you," he talked in a way that made it very obvious that he was lying, but the gang-members quickly turned their heads to him, and then started to talk to each other. But Yixing still continued to talk unfazed, like he didn't even notice they were there.

"Where are you then? Oh, outside with Luhan? Wait, where outside? Your apartment-complex you say? But I didn't see you come out. Oh, you used the other way out. How clever. Are you going to the train station with Luhan? I will see you soon then," At this point, the members stood up, and stormed out and down the stairs past Yixing, not bothering to even cast him the slightest look. A couple of seconds after, Yixing showed up on the CCTV, smiling and waving. "It's clear," he grinned.

Minseok, who had been worried and sitting with his heart almost in his throat, sighed relieved. "Don't EVER do that again," he mumbled and walked over to unlock the door. As soon as he opened it, Yixing barged in and Luhan, who had been watching the whole thing, walked over to Minseok.

"Well, that was fun," Yixing smiled and gave Minseok a little plastic bag with the movie he had loaned.

But Minseok thought it had been anything but fun. The younger could have been killed!

"For heaven's sake, Yixing," Luhan said. "Please don't ever do that, even for Minseok or me. We're getting worried!" And Minseok realized that Luhan had been just as worried as he had. They had been thinking the exact same thing.

Yixing just smiled and shook his head. "Thank you is what you should say. What is life without tricking some shady gangs from outside your best friend's apartment every once in a while? Well, I have to go, see you!" And then he closed the door on both Minseok and Luhan, without giving them time to say goodbye, not to mention thank you.

For a while, it was quiet. "Wow," Luhan said after a minute. "Yixing's pretty amazing, or what?"

Minseok couldn't do anything but nod. He didn't know if he would've had the courage do to something like that, if it was Yixing who was trapped.

He shook his head slightly and scratched the back of his neck, walking in circles on the white marble floor. What was he supposed to do now? Yixing had gone just like that. And he was alone with Luhan. It had been okay when they were eating, but somehow, things were different now. Every time Minseok were alone with Luhan, he had this feeling in his chest that he couldn't really figure out. The only thing he could imagine, was that somehow, his mind meant that Luhan was special.

"Well..." Luhan said after a while. "I should probably go. Really, thank you for the food! I completely forgot to eat this morning, as I was busy with something else." And before Minseok could do anything, Luhan started to put on his shoes. "I've already cleaned up the kitchen, by the way," he said as he slid into his deep green jacket, and smiled at Minseok.

"Honestly, Minseok. You've been a great help, even though you didn't need to do this. I don't know what I can do to pay you back," Luhan walked closer to Minseok. And Minseok, as the person he was, couldn't to anything but stand there. He tried to collect his thoughts at least enough to say something, but it was no use. 'Say something, do something, anything!' he ordered himself. But his head seemed to be all over the place, and it was like his body and mind was two separate things that wouldn't work together.

Luhan looked into the eyes of the boy opposite of him, whose eyes were wide open in both surprise and speechlessness. "I don't know when we'll meet next time. But until then..." Luhan's words trailed off in the silence, not completing the sentence.

In the end, Minseok got his head somewhat together, and couldn't bear the quietness anymore. "Until then what?" He asked, his words barely a whisper. His cheeks felt hot with Luhan so close. They were only a half-meter or so apart, which they normally wouldn't think of. But now, the setting was something else, something none of them really could put their finger on.

"Until then..." Luhan grabbed Minseok's hand, and slowly walked backwards, towards the door. Not knowing what to do, Minseok followed confused, his skin burning where Luhan touched him.

Luhan slowly opened the door behind him without taking his eyes off Minseok. Then, as the door opened, he drew him closer, until they were nothing more than ten centimeters apart.

"Until then, Minseok," he muttered under his breath, and Minseok could feel the other boy's breath brush against his lips. But he didn't draw away. He was strangely hypnotized by Luhan. In the back of his head, he could hear a tiny voice shouting "closer!".

And like Luhan heard the little voice in Minseok's head, he came closer until there was nothing between them anymore, not even air. But only for a second. Because in that moment, as Minseok still was in a confused daze from when Luhan's lips met his, the other boy slipped out of the door, closing it on its owner, who was still in a shock.

And that, was how Kim Minseok got his own door shut on him twice in less than fifteen minutes.

 

 

The next month went past in a weird, sappy sort of way. It was that time of the year where everything seemed to be cold and grey. It rained almost every day, and one time it had even snowed. But what made it seem even more cold and grey, was the fact that Luhan never appeared after that Sunday. And Minseok never saw him anywhere either. It was like he disappeared from the face of the Earth.

Minseok tried, he really did, but after what had happened in his apartment he was still somewhat messed up and never seemed to really collect himself. Every time he came home, he would see himself and Luhan in his hallway. By his table. By the CCTV. Yixing noticed too, but was nice enough to let it be. Minseok was happy for that though, because even if someone asked, he wouldn't know what to answer. Mostly because he asked himself the same question over and over, but never seemed to be able to draw a conclusion. But Yixing noticed that Luhan was gone though, and in the end he asked if Minseok knew where he was. Luhan was Yixing’s friend as well, after all. But none of them knew.

 

Minseok hadn't as much as heard the deer-looking boy since their last... encounter with the gang, and didn't know what to think. It really bothered him. Luhan had kissed him. He hadn't even noticed that Luhan was gay, until then. But then again, what about Minseok? He had never really been interested in anyone, neither girls nor boys. Yixing had joked that he'd end up as a nun in a monastery somewhere if he kept going down that path, but Minseok had brushed it off. But now, the question once again popped into his head. Why hadn't he fallen in love before? What were the signs that you were falling in love? And most importantly: was Minseok falling in love? Sure, Luhan was someone special, someone Minseok had felt a connection to. It was unlike Yixing or his other friends, but then again, was it necessarily love? Every time Luhan touched him, he felt his heartbeat race, and the places that were touched would burn for hours afterwards. Luhan made Minseok feel all confused, happy, weird... There was no explanation. It was just... Luhan. Minseok loved being around him. Minseok loved talking to him. Minseok loved... In the end, during Luhan's absence, he realized it. Minseok, well probably, loved him. Liked extremely much, at least. But somehow, he couldn't confront himself with it. He'd never even been in love before. So he decided to set the thoughts aside until he met Luhan the next time. Minseok had thought about finding him, himself. But he had no idea where to search, if he wanted to find the other boy. Luhan knew where he worked, even where he lived. Heck, Luhan had gotten a deep look into Minseok's daily life. And Minseok on the other hand, knew almost nothing about Luhan. He felt as he had barely scratched the surface of the mystery that surrounded him. And it drove him insane.

But after spending long hours thinking about Luhan, Minseok realized that even though Luhan was important, his work and school was as well. A lot was required of him. So he pulled himself somewhat together. At least, he tried. Though he wouldn't be able to collect himself for very long, util he was ripped apart, once again.