Another beginning

Coffee Shop

A/N: So, here is the first chapter! I really didn't expect so many of you to comment! I am really happy. Also, I am forever grateful to those who commented, once again! I love you and I hope I don't disappoint you

 


In the middle of the night, Kim Minseok, aged 24, was awoken by some weird noises. As he was extremely tired he slipped in and out of a comatose-like state, sleeping then half-sleeping. By his door he heard some shuffling, but he couldn’t quite figure out what, and his brain was too sleepy to care. His queen-sized bed was too comfortable, his pillow too soft to get up from to find out what. But as his eyes couldn’t relax like they were constantly disturbed by something, his mind gradually woke from its slumber, and Minseok slowly got to his senses. He opened his eyes, and realized what the disturbance was. Light was flooding into his room, but none of his lamps, neither the one in the roof nor the one by his bed was causing it. And he realized that the door was open, and that the light-source was the hallway. But… he always turned off the lights in his apartment, and always closed his door. So how could it be that it was both on and open, now? He slowly sat up in his bed, his blanket falling from his shoulders and halfway down his stomach. He was wearing a simple, white t-shirt with the words ‘Busy being fabulous’ on it (a joke from his friend Yixing) and pyjama-pants, so in case he was getting robbed he wasn’t completely , at least.

 “Hm?” he muttered out in the darkness, rubbing his eye with one hand, as he leant on the other. He was still too sleepy to get his brain to form an understandable sentence, but as he squinted against the sudden light from the hallway, he could figure out the dark silhouette of a rather petite person. From the little light that chased away some of the darkness in his room, he could see that the person was leaning on one foot, his face looking down to the right. His left hand was clenching his right side, giving off an unsure aura. The brightness behind him revealed his caramel-coloured hair and a half sad, half tired expression, and Minseok knew it wasn’t a robber.

“I can’t sleep,” the person by the door muttered. “Can I…?” he didn’t complete his sentence, but Minseok knew what he wanted and waved a hand, signalizing he wanted the boy to come closer.

“Nightmare?” he asked. He knew the boy had them frequently, and he would sweat, flail and even scream in his sleep. But then again, because of his past, he had seen some pretty nasty things. And even though he suppressed them during the day, they surfaced again during the night, when his consciousness slipped. He didn’t usually come into Minseok’s room, as he believed he was better on his own, but after Minseok had pleaded him to come if something bothered him, he had finally given in. Because Minseok just couldn’t stand hearing his screams, not being able to do anything. The helplessness was unbearable, as he knew the one he cared for the most was in pain. But as the boy had started coming in to him if he couldn’t sleep, he slept soundly the rest of the night, no nightmares bothering him. And as they slept together, Minseok felt himself sleep better as well.

Now, every time Luhan didn’t come in, he felt a yearning for him. Cuddled up to Luhan, he felt safe.

Luhan nodded, looking unsure in front of him. But Minseok didn’t care, and stretched his hand out for Luhan to take it.

“Come here,” he smiled, slowly waking more and more. “Luhan, what time is it?”

And as Luhan made his way over to Minseok’s bed, Minseok could see a relieved smile forming on his lips. “Four to three in the morning,” he whispered and lay down beside him, maybe half a meter or so separating them. They were facing each other, but Minseok still didn’t think it felt right. Something was definitely off. He figured that if Luhan was invading his bed in the first place, then he should have the right to place him wherever he wanted to. He knew Luhan only kept his distance because he didn’t want to make Minseok uncomfortable, but dammit, he should have realized that Minseok liked being close to Luhan the most by now.

So he carefully slid an arm under his waist, pulling the younger towards him. Luhan looked a little bit surprised at first, but his expression quickly turned into a warm smile, as he wriggled closer. Their legs intertwined and he curled up, his head resting against Minseok’s chest. And as he leant on his left arm, he hugged Minseok with the free one, pulling them even nearer each other. It wasn’t like he didn’t want closeness, after all. Cuddling with Minseok was one of his top three things to do in life, anyways.

To this action, Minseok smiled softly and gently started to play with Luhan’s hair as they both enjoyed the comfortable silence for a short moment.

“Hey, Luhan,” he whispered. And Luhan, who had had his eyes closed against Minseok’s chest, listening to his steady heartbeat, looked up curiously. Even in the faint light, his angelic features were visible.

“What?” Luhan asked softly, his voice barely there. He expected Minseok to say something like ‘now, sleep’ or ‘you should go to bed earlier’, but he didn’t. Instead, he leant down and kissed Luhan tenderly, though affectionate. And Luhan answered in the same manner, feeling himself smile against Minseok’s soft lips.

“Thank you,” he muttered as they broke apart, both tired to death. And even though no words were spoken after that, just the presence of each other had a calming effect. And as they slipped into dreamland once again, the safeness engulfed both of them, lying in each other’s arms, their heartbeats synchronized.

 


 

Minseok woke up first. As he slowly opened his eyes light flooded his room, its source being his window, which had partly see-through curtains. Then he noticed the other boy sleeping in his arms, as close as humanly possible. He smiled down at the face of Luhan peacefully sleeping, as he recalled what had happened last night. As he had called out to Luhan when they were lying in his bed he had meant to say ‘I love you’, but the words just wouldn’t come and he had resorted to his favourite action towards Luhan instead. He had kissed him slowly, just enjoying the comfort the younger male gave him.

For a short while Minseok only looked at the sleeping Luhan, taking in his features. When they had first met Luhan had looked tired – way too tired for his age, though he was younger than Minseok. But now, as they gradually became friends and even lovers, he looked younger and cheerful once again. Sometimes, Minseok had to wonder why Luhan chose him in the first place. He didn’t have any distinct features that made him stand out of the crowd as handsome. He wasn’t very charismatic, nor was he loud or the centre of the party. But he never asked Luhan why anyways, as he guessed he had his reasons. It was like some liked chocolate, others preferred caramel. Maybe Luhan found something in him, that he couldn’t see himself.

Slowly, Minseok moved his left arm – the arm that somehow had found its way around Luhan’s waist sometime during the night – up towards Luhan’s face, and carefully traced his features with a finger. His jawline to die for. The hairline, where his tousled caramel-coloured hair fell down, almost in front of his eyes. Eyes. Nose. In the end he followed the contours of his lips, before he let three fingers rest on Luhan’s cheek for a moment, and let his hand drop to his neck. Then he closed his eyes for a second, and only opened them to stare into the smiling face of Luhan. Had he been awake? Minseok felt redness creep into his cheeks, making him blush a little. But Luhan didn’t react, as he found the blushing cute. It was all these small actions that made Minseok him, and Luhan loved them. He then proceeded to peck Minseok on the cheek, whispering a low “good morning”. And as Minseok’s hands found Luhan’s, their fingers intertwined, sending electric sparks through both of them. They had been living in the same apartment for over four months already, but the feelings whenever they touched each other still didn’t seem to fade, no matter how long they were together.

“You were awake?” Minseok muttered, a little bit nervous. Somehow, it was kind of embarrassing, being caught. Which human being traced someone else’s features like that? But Luhan just laughed softly.

“I woke up as you got to my eyes,” he smiled and bit his lower lip, which made Minseok sigh. Whenever Luhan did that it made him go crazy, and Luhan knew that very well. It was one of the only things Luhan did that made him more handsome that he already was, and after Minseok had commented it once, he started doing it on purpose just to annoy him. What he had previously done unconsciously, he now did just to mock his boyfriend.

“Why are you doing that?” Minseok asked, pouting. But his sulking quickly turned into a smile, as he leant closer, until their foreheads touched. “You know what the only thing I can do is, when you do that, right?” and Luhan knew, which was the only other reason he did it.

There were different ways to describe their kisses. Soft. Affectionate. Sweet. Passionate. Tender. Loving. And it was exactly those things both Luhan and Minseok felt, as their lips connected. The small room that was left between them as Luhan had been curled up against him during the night, was now partly removed as Minseok hugged him closer. Luhan smiled into the kiss, deepening it.

And somewhere is his head, Minseok muttered for himself as he lost himself in it. Good morning didn’t really cover this at all.