Screaming is a nice change of pace

Coffee Shop

A/N: First plot over, two more to go!  Anyways, I've created a poll and I would be so happy if you answered it! I'll post it down below.

 


 

Yixing didn't even reach the bus stop to catch the bus home before Jongdae ran up beside him, after hastily paying for their dinner. "Hey, what is the matter with you?" he asked, slowing down to walk beside Yixing. Yixing on the other hand, picked up his pace.

"Please leave me alone," he said sternly, careful to only look in front of him, into the nothingness of the empty air.

But Jongdae was persistent, and followed. "Hey, Xing!" he said. "Zhang Yixing, answer me!" Yixing tried to ignore him the best he could, because just seeing Jongdae ripped up old wounds. Wounds he thought had mended years ago, wounds he had forgotten. Yixing had used a lot of time waiting for Jongdae earlier, and in the end forgetting him. And suddenly, as he had went on with his life, the one he had once been left by showed up just like that. And he acted like he hadn't even been gone for a week, when it was in fact over four years. Had he forgotten everything? It made Yixing angry, to be honest. How could that Kim Jongdae just show up in his life again, without even giving signs that he was back in the country? After four years of complete silence, he just barged in like that. Yixing didn't get angry often, and tolerated more than he probably should, but this made him furious.

In the end, he got tired of hearing Jongdae constantly bothering him, bugging him to answer. With a cold expression he turned around, and locked eyes with his earlier friend.

"You really want to know why? Because it'll take quite a while," he said in a deadly calm, dangerous voice.

He wanted Jongdae to take the hint and leave, but there was no such thing. Jongdae stared intently back, with innocent eyes. They looked so childishly serious that Yixing didn't know whether to laugh or get even more mad. How dared he forget? When he looked like that, it seemed that Yixing had just been a laughable side character in his life, rather than a main role, which Jongdae had been in his.

"I want to know," Jongdae said stubbornly, causing Yixing to sigh irritated. So he wouldn't get home before much later, obviously. In his mind, he cursed Minseok for coming up with this thing.

 

 

They walked through the park behind the restaurant. Fairy lights hung in the trees and made everything beautiful, but in the mood Yixing was in now, everything beautiful was irritating and he wanted to turn it off, leaving it all in darkness. Then he wouldn't need to see the stupid, pretty face of Jongdae. As they walked, no one said anything. They just went on, until they reached a white-painted bench where Jongdae suggested they sit down. Just because it was his suggestion Yixing wanted to turn it down, but his legs were tired and he decided against it.

"Tell me," Jongdae said as soon as they sat down. He had seemed anxious the whole time; anxious for answers Yixing was reluctant to give.

And Yixing on the other hand, was so angry and sad and emotionally messed up he wanted to scream. He had to use all his might to keep the angry tears back as he turned to Jongdae. "Tell you?" he asked, dangerously calm like he first had. "Tell you what? About how I felt every time I had to get you out of the mess you created through all the years we knew each other, never complaining once? About how I helped you every time you broke up with someone, even though it went against every cell in my body? About how you suddenly came to me and said you would be going abroad, one week before you left? About how all your letters were short and never said much, until they stopped coming all together? About how I tried calling you, but the only response I ever got was 'I'm busy, call you later'? About how I believed that, waiting for just one call for a year before giving up?!" his voice rose with each sentence, and he stood up from the bench. And then he couldn't keep his tears in anymore, and they rolled down his cheeks, angry tears that had been kept inside for years. And he realized now, as he looked at Jongdae.

"About how I loved you through all that even though you never deserved it?!" he shouted. "About how I still ing love you?!" Zhang Yixing didn't swear. He believed one could do just fine without it. But he had had enough, and everything he had buried in the back of his mind, suppressed by his consciousness, came forward. "I hate you, Kim Jongdae! I hate you for just showing up like this! I hate you for leaving me! I hate you for not telling me you were back! I hate you for making me feel this! I hate you for... I hate you, I hate you, I hate you!" Even though he was shouting at the start of his sentence, his voice still managed to rise into a scream. Yixing had never ever screamed this loud in his life, but it felt good. Venting out his feelings like this was good. And as he said all this, Jongdae didn't speak a word. He never interrupted or commented, he just sat there and silently listened. It was totally opposite of what he would usually do, as the Jongdae Yixing once knew loved talking, joking around and interrupting people. But now he didn't. To Yixing, this was only an addition to his realization of how much Jongdae had changed. When he had first come in the doors to the coffee shop, he had looked almost exactly like he had four years ago, and he acted the same as well. But Yixing noticed all these small habits he had, that he obviously had picked up in England. Some of them, in the back of his mind, he had thought were good habits. But in his current state he refused to accept anything good related to that guy.

"I..." He had said 'I hate you' so many times, and he felt like repeating it a thousand times more just to hammer into the mind of Jongdae, but the words didn't come anymore. His voice slowly faltered, and he ended up staring furiously at him instead, as tears continued to stream down his face. He had never thought this moment would come, and when he had still believed Jongdae would come back he had pictured a happy welcome. This was far from happy, but in one way it was what Yixing wanted. He had never told Jongdae what he felt, only watched him as he fooled around like teenagers most do. He had never complained, never hoped that he would get his feelings in return. As long as he got to be around him, it was okay. But then Jongdae had suddenly left with only one week's notice, and Yixing had been left shattered. He had used years picking himself completely up from the ground, with a lot of help from Minseok (even though the poor guy had no idea what he did). He had decided to never fall back into that phase again, and now he got to scream everything he wanted into the face of the one who had messed up his life. It felt relieving. He felt better than he had for a long time, really. But right now, as he looked at Jongdae, anger was still the major emotion overpowering everything else.

For a good ten seconds Jongdae just looked back at Yixing. His eyes seemed sad, almost as broken as Yixing. Then he stood up, and hugged him. His face was buried in the crook of Yixing's neck, and his arms held around him in a steep grip. Yixing raised his arms to resist, but before he touched the other person he let them fall to his sides again. He didn't return the hug, no way, but he didn't resist either. He knew Jongdae would never let go.

"Now, I'll tell you it all. But you'll have to listen, even though I know you've already listened more than your portion. I've never said what I actually meant," Jongdae whispered the words into Yixing's neck, sending shivers down the latter's spine as his breath tickled his skin. For a second Jongdae waited for Yixing to tell him no, walk away, but he didn't. He didn't do anything in fact, remaining where he was to the point where he almost wasn't breathing. "Remember how we talked about our futures when we were fourteen? I didn't know what to do, but you talked so warmly about opening a place serving light food and stuff... Like the coffee shop. I honestly couldn't care less about food and making it, but you changed my mind. I wanted to open something with you, so I decided to become a chef. Yixing, I'd give the world for you then, and I still would. I worked in secret, concealing it every time I gave what I made to you. You always told me exactly what you meant, and it helped me improve so much. And I eventually came to love what I was doing." he paused for a little bit, making sure Yixing was still listening. Then he continued.

"I really liked you ever since we first met, but seeing how honest and true you were, I just couldn't see myself ever matching you. I denied my feelings for a while, as I tried to drown my emotions in other people. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. But I kept coming back to you. And every time, I felt more distanced from you, I felt like you were getting further and further away. So I decided that I wouldn't come back until I was good enough. I applied for that cooking school and made it in. But it was so hard being away from you... I couldn't bear it and didn't call to not be emotionally wrecked each time..." At the point his voice cracked and his voice was thick with emotion, but he continued anyways.

"My letters didn't say much, I know, but I couldn't tell you how it really was. I have a bunch at home, each explaining why I did it and how much I actually like you, but I never had the courage to post them. What if you rejected me? I'd be stuck in England, with nothing to come back to. I tried calling you when I got back to ask you to meet up, but your number was out of use. Your parents and you had all moved as well. I had no idea where to look, other than knowing which university you wanted to go to, where you wanted to live. I've been on the search ever since,"

And he stopped talking. Both of them waited for the other to say something, as they stood there. Yixing didn't know what to do. Should he hug back? Hit him for his stupidity? His anger hadn't really faltered, and he still felt like punching a wall. Well, maybe a thinner wall. In the end he shifted to make Jongdae release his grip, which he did. The boy's eyes looked as broken as Yixing felt. They were both emotionally wrecked idiots.

"I'm still not forgiving you in a million years, because you're a douchebag. Also, I hate you." He just had to make that clear first.

"But... Maybe not as much as before. We have a lot to work on because... You're an idiot and I'm an idiot and your stupidity angers me. Well..." He stopped and scratched the back of his neck, wondering how he should phrase himself. "Maybe, just maybe, I like you more than I hate you right now," his words became a mutter as his eyes, which had been locked with Jongdae's, shifted and turned to the ground. He still couldn't believe he was actually saying all this. The night air, which once had been hot and humid, slowly turned colder, and Yixing felt Goosebumps on his arms. The clock had to be over twelve now, what was he doing here? His mind seemed to have gone blank during all the shouting and screaming, but now that he had calmed down it finally dawned for him what Jongdae had said to him. What he had said to Jongdae. . He looked up again, and into the smiling face of Jongdae, the smiling face he had fallen in love with ages ago. It still made his knees tremble, and he cursed himself for being so weak.

Jongdae drew him in for a hug once again, but this time Yixing responded, hugging back. He buried his face in Jongdae's neck, just staying like that for a while. He had missed this so much, he understood now. As he recognized the scent of Jongdae, all the suppressed memories came back to him. He had missed this so much it hurt, and he could stay like this forever. But then, after some time, he raised his head so that their foreheads touched, without moving their bodies away from each other more than an inch.

"I still really hate you and you are probably never ever being forgiven," Yixing muttered as he felt the hot breath of the other on his own skin. He wondered if the feelings he had for Jongdae still remained the same after all this time. He didn’t know, but if it wasn’t the pure, innocent, high school-love anymore it was pretty damn close and he would probably fall into it all over again.

But not today. Jongdae wasn't getting his forgiveness, not today