Eight

Vacation

Baro’s POV

After the movie ended, I took her back to her hotel. I figured it was the right thing to do; her body guards are probably losing their minds by now and Kyuhyun has most likely joined them. I have only been with her for one day and I already care about how they feel; she is dangerous. But even though she is dangerous, I can’t convince myself to leave her alone. When we walked into the hotel, Kyuhyun was with BTOB just as I had suspected. All seven of them jumped up from their defeated positions when they saw her and Hyunsik ran to her and embraced her in a big hug. Jealously flowed through me and it took everything I had to not rip him off of her. Kyuhyun had the same expression.

“What happened to you?” he asked still hugging her. “Do you have any idea how worried we were after you were attacked and ran off with-“ he let go of her and glared at me. “What have you been doing with her all this time?” he said angrily.

“That is none of your business. You act like you are her body guards but you can’t even protect her.” I spat back at him.”

“Guys! Stop! I am fine. He took me to see a 4D movie after saving me from Kennedy and then brought me back here. He has done nothing wrong.” Arabella said defending me.

“You could have just brought her back to us after saving her.” Minhyuk said protectively.

“I would have if I thought she was safe with you guys.” I said glaring at him. They think they are so tough but they fail at the one thing they say they will do. BTOB almost lost her to a psycho and Kyuhyun hurt her at the party with his temper; I am the only one I trust her with. If she would let me then I would keep her safe at my side; forever.

“She is safe with us. Safer then she is with you.” Eunkwang said.

“I’m sorry, who was the one who saved her life today?” I say sarcastically.

“I said stop!” Arabella shouted. “I care about all of you so you had better start getting along. And soon. If you are all not best friends by the time I come back to Korea then I will just go back to America for good! Got it?!”

“Got it.” We all said in unison. Being friends with these guys will be one of my hardest tasks ever given to me. When I look at them, I fight the urge to punch them. How can I be friends with them?

---

Arabella’s POV

In a dark room, I find myself alone. Reaching my hands out, I feel nothing but air until two hands hold mine. Who is here with me? The person pulls me into a hug and kisses my head. I blush. Kyuhyun. I wrap my arms around his waist and put my head on his chest, listening to his familiar heartbeat. Wait, familiar? I have never heard Kyuhyun’s heartbeat before. I look up and squint to try to get a look at this man’s face. “I am so glad you decided to stay here with me. I don’t know what I would have done if you had gone back to America.” Said his deep voice. I know that voice from somewhere…and that heartbeat. As I am trying to figure out who the owner of the voice is, his lips gently touch mine. They are warm, soft, and perfect; as if they were meant to kiss my lips. I instinctively kiss him back. Who is this man? Just then I realize who the man is.

I wake up startled from my crazy dream, sit up in bed, and turn on the lamp on the side table. “Baro…” Why did I have a dream about him? And why do I remember his heartbeat? That is so weird, Arabella. And bad. What about Kyuhyun? How can I be having these dreams about Baro when I like Kyuhyun. My mind flashes back to him forcefully grabbing my wrist, causing me pain. I grab my wrist and rub it. “No, Arabella, that is not him. Think about the good thoughts.” I think back to the first night at the military base. The way time stopped when he started singing to me, the disgust I felt when his other members touched me after, and his saving me from Kennedy later that night. I smile. “That is the Kyuhyun I should be thinking of. I’m sorry, Oppa, for not dreaming of you and for making you worry today.” I say before tuning out the light and going back to sleep.