6

Vacation

Baro’s POV

I love coming to parties like this. I am surrounded by people who are almost as beautiful as I am and I get to see my pretty face all over the internet later because of the press outside! I am wearing all Puma clothing because I did some advertisements for them and I have rainbow colors faded into my white blond hair because I’m a Kpop star and I can do what I want. Hands slowly wrap around my waist from behind and I wonder which y celeb is finding me irresistible this time.

“Can I please dance with you Oppa?” The voice is coming from a model who has been staring at me since I walked in.

“Maybe, let’s see.” I say turning around.  I take her hands off of me and have her step back so I can have a good look at her. She has a perfect figure, a pretty face, long black hair, and is about an inch shorter than me in her heels. She will do. “Yes, you can dance with me, but only tonight.” I say and her face lights up. I am such a good person. I grab her by the waist and she begins to dance ily all around me. Her skills are impressive and I am glad I said yes to her. I wonder how long she practiced these things in front of a mirror before she came here to show me. She not only moves her hips like Shakira but she has her hands all over me. I can feel them in my hair, on my back, and feeling my abs; I never know where she might go next and it’s intriguing.

“Are you sure you can handle only dancing with me tonight?” she whispers in my ear. I roll my eyes and remove her from me.

“Don’t flatter yourself.” I said before walking away and leaving her in the middle of the dance floor. I hate it when girls act as if they are more irresistible than me, as if that is even possible.  Ugh, that trash has just killed my mood at such an awesome party. I hate her. I walk over to the refreshments table and pour myself a glass of punch; I don’t have to worry about it being spiked at these kinds of parties because the guests are much more civilized and nobody wants to be in the tabloids tomorrow doing something crazy. I down the punch in one go and toss the cup in the trash can Michael Jordan style. Of course I make it because that is how incredibly perfect I am. I hope that filth saw that nice shot so that she will regret even more her ignorance. I look around the room for her because I want to see how sad she is but when I find her she is flirting with AJ from U-KISS! That trash! What kind of woman tries to seduce more than one man in one night? Ugh, the desperation is sickening. She must be a gold-digger. Looking away from the horrible sight, I set my eyes on something I never thought I would see, a woman who is more attractive than I am. How is this possible? Who is she? And why is she with Kyuhyun? He doesn’t even have abs.  He is technically my Sunbae but I can’t stand him. I am obviously better in every way and yet I am supposed to pretend like he is good enough to be my Sunbae? He can’t even dance or rap; he can only sing well. Wait, am I being jealous of him right now? This night is continuing to go into a downward spiral.

“Ugh, who is the hideous girl with my man?” I hear Shin Hye say next to me.

“It’s more like ‘Why is that beautiful girl with that overrated man?’” I say and she glares at me.

“Don’t talk about my future husband like that. But, I do have an idea” she says with a devious smile. I am a little scared but I am curious as well.

“Tell me.”

“I will distract my baby while you charm the scum. You know, because you are sooo irresistible.” She says sarcastically.

“I am irresistible! If you didn’t have something wrong with your brain you would understand!” I say insulted.

“Ugh, whatever. Are you in or what?”

“I’m in.” She runs to Kyuhyun and wraps her arms around his as she drags him away, leaving his date unattended. I stroll up as cool as I can muster. She makes me nervous and insecure about myself; I didn’t think anyone could make me feel this way. I have to get to know her.

“H-Hi, I’m Baro.” I say. Did I just stutter? Gosh, I’m such a loser.

“Hello, my name is Arabella.” She says back. Even her name and the sound of her voice are beautiful. Who are her parents and how did they give birth to such a perfect angel? Even my parents would be jealous.

“What brings you to the party?” Ugh, I just saw her walk in with Kyuhyun; what a stupid question!

“I came with Kyuhyun!” She answers happily.

“Ah, I see. How do you know him?”

“That is none of your business.” Kyuhyun says before taking her hand and dragging her away from me. It feels as if he had reached into my chest and yanked my heart out. Why did it have to be him? She is out of sight now and I feel as if an empty void has been left in my chest; one that could only be filled by her presence.

“Good Bye.”

 

Arabella’s POV

“Ow!” I say taking my wrist from Kyuhyun Oppa and clutching it with my other hand.

“I’m sorry; I didn’t mean to hurt you. I just can’t stand that guy!” he said irritated.

“He seemed nice, though.” I said looking at my wrist. It is red from his tight grip. Baro did seem like a really nice person. He even came across as a little shy; it was cute.

“He is not nice, He is self-centered and rude!” Kyuhyun said, getting even more worked up.

“Okay okay, if you say that he is rude then he is rude.” I say to calm him down.

“Did you hurt her?!” Hyunsik says walking up and looking at my wrist. He looks so worried, like a bear protecting its cub. He is so sweet.

“I’m okay, really.” I say sweetly to Hyunsik. He glares at Kyuhyun.

“Did you do this?” he is really mad now.

“Yes, I didn’t mean to hurt her.” Kyuhyun says looking sorry. Hyunsik swings his fist toward Kyuhyun but Minhyuk appears just in time to stop his fist with his hand.

“Woah, did you just try to punch him?” I ask shocked.

“Yah, I am your Sunbae and she is MY date. You have no right to punch me.” Kyuhyun says angrily. I just got here and already so much has happened.

Minhyuk speaks up, “You are right about her being your date, but BTOB has already taken her under our protection. Think of us like her protective dad from now on because we won’t stand for any harm coming to her. No exceptions will be made when it comes to her safety, even if you are our Sunbae.”

“Yah. I already said that I would protect her from now on.” Kyuhyun says sternly.

“You did, but we didn’t agree to it,” Changsub says, walking up with the rest of the boys.

“I really don’t need protecting,” I say in an attempt to settle things.

“Yes, you do,” Kyuhyun and BTOB say in unison. Wow, I have so many people looking out for me, I should feel honored.  Kyuhyun grabs me by my wrist once again and glares at the boys. “I will take care of her from now on,” he says. Hyunsik pushes Kyuhyun back causing him to let go of me and stumble back a few steps. People around us stop and stare at the situation. This really has gotten out of hand.

“It’s time for us to take Arabella back to the Hotel,” Eunkwang says. I look at Kyuhyun with sad eyes. “He’s right. This is getting out of hand; I think it would be best for me to just go back to my room now. Thank you for bringing me here with you.” I bow to him and leave with the boys. I don’t think I was here for more than ten minutes. When we step out of the party the paparazzi go crazy once again.

“Why are you leaving so soon?”

“Where is Kyuhyun?”

“Did you have a fight? Will the baby be okay?”

“Yah, she is not pregnant!” Hyunsik yells at the reporters.  They only answer back with more questions.

“Are you the real couple?”

“Did you steal her away from Kyuhyun?”

“When is the wedding?”

The boys quickly usher me through the crowd and to their van.

“Are you okay?” Peniel asks once inside. All of the boys look so worried.

“I’m okay. No real harm came to me tonight, but you guys were worried about me anyway. Thank you, but you really don’t have to be so protective of me!”

“We want too. And we have to because we have decided too.” Eunkwang said and everyone nodded in agreement. He is a really good leader.

“Did you at least get to enjoy yourself before you left?” Ilhoon asked.

“I did! I saw my favorite actress! Well, she grabbed my date by the arm and forcefully pulled him away from me and that wasn’t nice…but I did see her so I guess that’s cool. I also met my favorite rapper tonight and he seemed really sweet!”

“Excuse me?” Minhyuk, Ilhoon, and Peniel say at the same time.

“Oh, as a band you guys are my favorite! But individually, I do like Baro’s rapping just tiny bit better.” I say trying to make them feel less insulted.

“BARO?!” Sungjae says loudly. The rest of the group looked shocked.

“He came across as sweet?” Hyunsik said in disbelief. What is so wrong with Baro? I have seen a lot of his behind the scenes footage because I am BANA and he seemed to be as sweet in person as he is on camera. He is also very attractive.

“Yes, why does nobody like him?” I ask.

Changsub answers for the group, “It’s not that we don’t like him; he is very talented. But he's also very conceited and is rude to other celebrities.

“We'd better keep a look out for Baro. Him coming across as sweet is not normal so he might be trying to make a move on Arabella.” Eunkwang warns. Baro liking me? That is not possible, he was only introducing himself.

“Absolutely not. Arabella deserves someone who will love her more than he loves himself. Arabella, we do not approve.” Minhyuk says as if he is my parent.

---

After a long night, I crawl into bed. The bed is perfect and soft; I wish I could take it home with me. After a night like mine, this is exactly what I need.  Any girl would kill to be in my shoes right now, but how am I supposed to be happy when nobody gets along? I wish I could mend their relationships but I will be leaving in three days. Am I really the horrible person who creates enemies and then leaves?  I wish they could all be close so that when I move here in a few years I can hang out with them all at the same time, Baro included. I feel like everyone has the wrong idea about Baro. They say he is obnoxious but I see good in him. I feel like if they got to know him then they would like him. Has anyone tried to be his friend?