5

Vacation

Arabella’s POV

I check myself in the mirror. I think this is okay. My white shirt with black polka dots on it is tucked into my black skirt and I am wearing a brown belt to accessorize it. My goal was to look both dressy and casual at the same time because this is not a formal event but I am going to a party filled with Korean celebs that have impeccable taste. I should at least do this much to not look out of place. A knock on the door interrupts my thoughts; it must be BTOB. They switched my hotel to one in Seoul so they could hang out with me more before I leave. We spent most of yesterday at the hotel pool! I answer the door to Hyunsik and his adorable eye smile.

 

Hyunsik’s POV

She opens the door and smiles at me. Does she even know what she is doing to me?

“Hyunsik-ah!” she says as my heart stops.

“Hey, you look amazing.” I say.

“Are you sure? I am really nervous. What if I look too underdressed or unfashionable?”

“That is not going to happen.” I say reassuring her. I wish so badly that she was my date. I can’t even ride there with her or hang out with her because of Kyuhyun Sunbae. If I had been the one to drag her away, could she have been my date instead?

“What if I add some jewelry?” she says while running across the room to a jewelry box on the desk.  She slides on a black bracelet and then pulls out a silver necklace. She holds the necklace in front of her face for a few seconds before turning to me.

“Will you help me with this?” she asks innocently. I stare at her for a few seconds trying to process the situation before nodding my head. Nervously, I walk over to her and take the necklace from her hands. She turns her back to me and sweeps her hair away, revealing her neck to me. My hands shake nervously. I unclasp the necklace, bring it around her neck, and clasp it in place. She shakes her hair a bit to place it back to where she had it before and I smell the strawberry scent coming from her. This is too close; our friendship will be over if this continues. I take a few steps back to get away from her. She turns toward me and giggles.

“Are you nervous too?! Don’t worry, you look great! I’m sure you will be surrounded by beautiful girls all night!” She says. I force a smile but on the inside I am breaking. The only girl I want by my side tonight is the one girl I can’t have. The one girl I am currently trying not to embrace in my arms. Why is the world so cruel? Her phones rings and she runs to it.

“Hello?...Oppa!...you’re here?...okay, I will make my way to the lobby!” she says before ending her call. “Kyuhyun Oppa is here! I will see you at the party Hyunsik-ah!” She grabs her purse and walks out of the room prettier than any model ever could. I wish I could be her Oppa, but I am a year younger than her. If I was older, would she want me then?

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

As I wait in the lobby for her, I am nervous. She probably thinks I am this cool famous guy but in reality, I am not cool. I am very normal and I’m afraid she might not like me as much when she figures it out.

“Oppa!” I hear her voice and look in her direction. She is stunning. So much that I am fighting the urge to see if her Oppa is someone behind me. Is she really my date? When she reached me, she holds my arm and leans her head on my shoulder. “Anyeong! Thank you for taking me with you to this party!” She says excitedly. I smile back at her.

“Thank you for agreeing to come with me!” I say. With her arms this wrapped around mine, I her to my waiting a car. I hired a driver, but with my being a celebrity I had to settle for a very expensive and annoying driver; Henry. I open her door for her and see Henry turn around and give her his toothy grin.

“Oh my gosh! Anyeonghaseyo!” She said doing a slight blow and getting into her car. I close her door for her, walk around to the other side of the car, and get into my seat.

“I am so sorry.” I say to her while gesturing to Henry.

“Sorry? For what? I am a big fan of Henry Oppa!”

“Don’t call him Oppa, it makes me feel old.” I say.

“Old or jealous?” Henry says with a smirk.

“I am paying you to drive, not to talk!” I say. Arabella giggles. At least she is amused. We pull up to the party and cameras are flashing all over the place. Somebody must have leaked the party information to the press; I hate when this happens.

“Aw man, now the whole world will know I was you’re chauffer tonight. You are paying me extra for this.” Henry says annoyed.

“I am so sorry; this was supposed to be a private party.” I say to Arabella.

“It’s okay; you can take me back to the hotel. I understand.” She says disappointed.

“It’s not that. I don’t mind walking in with you, I just don’t want you to be uncomfortable.”

“I could never feel uncomfortable next to you.” She says with a small smile. My heart feels happy. I smile at her.

“Well then, shall we go?” I ask and she nods. As I open the door, the reporters get really excited and yell my name.

“Why is Henry driving you?”

“Did he lose a bet?”

“Where did you get your outfit?”

The questions are coming from every direction until Arabella steps out of the car. The world goes silent for a few seconds as I offer my arm to her. She takes it and the reporters once again go crazy.

“Who is the girl?”

“Is this your girlfriend?”

“Where did she get her outfit?”

I proudly walk into the party with her on my arm, ignoring the reporters. They always annoy me.