7

Vacation

Arabella’s POV

A knock on the door wakes me from my sleep. I sigh because I have the chain on the door so I can’t stay in bed and have the maid come in on her own.

“I’m coming!” I shout to her. I crawl out of bed and reluctantly go to the door. I rub my eyes as I open the door to the room, not really looking at who is on the other side of the door. “The room is mostly clean but I could use some more towels.” I hear laughter and I look to see the so-called maid was actually BTOB.

“Oh…hey guys!” I say a little embarrassed.

“Noona, come play with us today!” Sungjae says grabbing onto my arm.

“Play? Are we kids?” I laugh.

“No no, play means hang out in Korea,” Peniel explains.

“I know, I’m just poking fun,” I say smiling at them.

“Oh, well then does that mean you will come out with us?” Ilhoon asks.

“Yes, of course! I will meet you in the lobby in an hour because I need to clean up a bit!”

“Okay, see you in a bit!” Eunkwang says. The boys all say good bye and leave down the hallway. Now what will I wear? I shower and decide on a white, long sleeve shirt with see-through sleeves and a black skirt with white polka dots. But after looking in the mirror I decided to add a hat because I felt like the outfit needed it. My phone buzzes telling me that my hour is up and I quickly slip on my converse, grab my phone and purse, and head down to the lobby to meet the boys. I wonder where they are taking me.

 

Baro’s POV

“Are you still looking at those pictures of her?” Sanduel says over my shoulder.

“Her? You mean he’s not looking at the paparazzi pictures of himself from last night?” Jinyoung asks surprised.

“I don’t think there are any.” I answer nonchalantly.

“But there are always pictures of you. There are always pictures of all of the big celebrities that go.” Gongchan says confused.

“Not last night. Last night all of the attention was on some girl. She’s not even famous!” Sanduel answers.

“She is not just some girl!” I shout.

“Woah, didn’t mean to offend you.” He says sarcastically.

“What is so special about this girl?” asks CNU.

“I don’t know. Everything? No matter how much I look at her, she is more attractive than me in every way. And when she spoke to me, even her voice was flawless and sweet. She is unlike any girl I have ever met.”

“Um…did he just say someone was more attractive than him?” Gongchan asks.

“I think he’s in love…” says Jinyoung.

“Dude, who is this girl? I have to meet her.” Gongchan says.

“No, you can’t. And he can’t either. That girl went as Kyuhyun Sunbae’s date and left with BTOB as body guards. That is one girl he needs to stay away from.” Sanduel says sternly.

“And what if I can’t?” I ask.

“Can’t is not an option.” He gives me another stern look. I close my laptop and go to the room to clean up. I need to get some fresh air; maybe that will clear my head. I change into some comfortable clothes and a black hat so that I won’t be recognized as easily and leave the dorm. Will I ever see her again? I am curious about every detail of her life. Why is she in Korea and for how long? What are her dreams? Is she serious with anyone? I even want to know her favorite color. She is all I have been able to think about since last night; I didn’t even sleep well because of her. I walk to the park so I can walk the path and sort my thoughts. Maybe after some thinking and a nice walk I won’t think about her anymore. I will think about her all at once and then that will be it, maybe.

“Okay, let’s go over the plan one more time before we do this.” I hear an American voice say. Luckily, my English is actually pretty good so I can understand what they are saying. I decide to eaves drop because it might be a nice distraction from my problems.

“Okay, so when she comes walking down with those punks, you guys will create a distraction and I will sneak behind those bushes over there and grab her. She belongs to me so I will take what is mine and show her that I am the one she really wants.” The man says getting angry. Who is this girl? I don’t even know her but I want to save her from this man; he seems like an evil man who shouldn’t go near any woman.

“There they are! Go now!” He instructs his men. They salute him and run off to a large circular area in the pathway that is surrounded by bushes other than the openings for the sidewalk on both sides. The men start singing and dancing, causing a large crowd of people to stop and watch them. The American who was speaking then quietly sneaks over to the bushes and waits for the girl. I follow his gaze and see BTOB and Arabella walking down the sidewalk and stopping to look at the distraction. The boys are standing closest to the distraction while Arabella is closest to the bushes. This can’t be happening. Of all of the girls for him to prey upon, why does it have to be her? I run towards the scene as fast as I can, grabbing a large stick on my way. I have to stop this. He grabs Arabella from behind and covers as he drags her away; if she is making a noise it can’t be heard over the noise of the singing men. I run up behind the man and hit him in the back with the large stick causing him to let go of her and shout in pain. I use this time to drop the sick, grab Arabella’s hand, and run away with her.

“Hey! Stop!” He yells at me. With how loud he just yelled, I’m sure BTOB is finally noticing. If they are her bodyguards then why am I the one saving her? Is she safe with no one but me? We get to the end of the park and run onto the bus just before it closes its doors to drive away. I pay for the two of us and go to an empty seat.

“Are you okay?” I ask.

“I-um, yes. I’m sorry to put you in that kind of situation, I didn’t know he would do something like that.” She says looking really upset.

“You know him?”

“Yes, we were childhood best friends. But not anymore.” She explains.

“Oh, I see. Well, how about you make a new best friend today? One that won’t hurt you?” She looks over at me curiously and smiles.

“You want to be my best friend?” she asks.

“Yes, as of right now we are best friends. This is cause for celebration!” I say and she laughs. I love her laugh. “Is there something you would like to do?” I ask.

“I actually really want to see a movie in 4D while I’m here! In America there are no 4D theatres.” She says giving me a pouty face. I never knew a white girl could have aegyo.

“That is easy,” I laugh, getting off the bus with her. I point to the building in front of her and she laughs because we are at a theatre. We walk in and see that the movie that was about to start is a horror film.

“Is that one going to be okay?” I ask. She hesitates but then nods her head. She is obviously nervous about this being a horror film and I have never been more thankful for Korean theatres having loveseats.

 

Arabella’s POV

“Should we get some popcorn?” I ask. Maybe if I can focus on how good the popcorn is then the movie will be a little less scary. I really don’t do well with scary movies.

“Of course! What is a movie without popcorn?” he laughs. We walk to the concessions and he buys us popcorn and sodas. I wanted to see a movie in 4d…but now that it’s a horror movie I am terrified. I hope he won’t mind if I hide into his shoulder or grab onto him during the movie. Aish, no I have to try not to do that. So embarrassing!

“Shall we go?” he asks while offering his arm to me.

“Yes, let’s do this.” I say determined and put my arm through his so he can me into the theatre. After picking out a seat in the middle of the theatre he asks, “So, how much longer will you be in Korea?”

“I leave in two days.” I answer and his face turns sad. Suddenly, my heart feels sad too. Is it because  of him, or is it because of everyone I have met here?

“Two days? So soon?”

“Yes, my trip was only for a week.” I say sadly.

“When will you be back?” he asks.

“In two years. I have been working really hard in America to save up and move here.”

“Then stay. You are here, why go back at all?” he asks.

“I don’t have a job here, money for an apartment, and all of my stuff is still in America.”

“Oh, well, then can you stay longer? I will buy you a plane ticket to go back home, just don’t leave yet.” He sounds so sad. How can people think that this man is selfish and rude? I can’t find a single trace of those in him.

“I can’t ask you to do that. Plus, the longer I am here the more bad things happen; it is making it hard for the people around me. It’s better if I just leave.”

The theatre goes dark and the commercials start. I hear a whisper from Baro that sounded something like “if you stay will me, I won’t let anything bad happen anymore” but I probably heard wrong. Throughout the commercials I can’t stop wondering if I really did hear him correctly. Does he like me? But he said he wanted to be best friends, why would he say that if he likes me? If he liked me he would have said he wanted to spend the day with me or take me on a date. Yes, that is how it would have happened, which means there is no way Baro likes me in that way. I look over at him and study his face. Would it be so bad if he liked me in that way? He is cute, sweet, funny, nice, and I like being around him. But what about Kyuhyun? Kyuhyun is great too, and he hates Baro. I really don’t understand why though. The movie starts and I look at the screen and throw some popcorn in my mouth. It is not too scary yet, just a few teenagers going camping near a graveyard. Why would anyone want to camp near a creepy graveyard? They are just asking to be killed. They set up camp and joke around with each other until they decide to split up and get multiple jobs done at once for the camp. This is where things will go wrong, I just know it. A gross smell creeps into the theatre, it smells like death. My seat vibrates as a ghost pops out from behind a tree and kills a blond girl. I scream as cold air is slowly blown at me, giving me goosebumps.

 

Baro’s POV

She shivers next to me and my heart races. I want to hold her to keep her safe and warm but she likes Kyuhyun. Seriously, why him? Anyone else would have been better. I look over to her and study her face. She has white skin, long brown hair, and big, dark brown eyes. She is absolutely stunning; everything about her amazes me. Not only do I wish I could have her, but I wish I could keep her. I want her to stay here with me, always at my side and never looking at anyone else. Especially not Kyuhyun. Ugh. Suddenly, someone from the movie screams as cold air and warm water are sprayed towards us. Arabella screams in response and jumps towards me, clinging to my chest with her head over my rapidly beating heart. Even though my heart is beating from her touch, I hope she thinks it is beating because of the movie. If she found out my feelings for her, she probably wouldn’t want to see me again. I need her to be next to me. I just do.

Arabella’s POV

I did exactly what I told myself not to, but the movie is just too scary! I couldn’t help it. My hands have his shirt balled up in my fists and my head is on his heart, which is beating rally fast. Is he just as scared as I am? I take a few deep breaths to calm myself down and release his shirt from my hands, I don’t want to ruin it. As my heart starts to steady, his heart continues to be fast. If the movie is still that scary behind me then I definitely don’t want to turn around.

“D-do you want to leave the theatre? Is it too scary?” he asks.

“No way. This is my first 4D movie and there is no way I am leaving until it is over.” Determined, I take a deep breath, remove myself from Baro’s chest, and sit in a normal position, facing the screen. He takes my hand and interlocks our fingers, “We can get through this together.” He says. I smile in affirmation and squeeze his hand. We sit like that for the rest of the movie, with me constantly squeezing his hand when I got scared.