Airport Romance

What Could Be
Please log in to read the full chapter

He was nervous, the palms of his hands sweaty and warm. What was he going to say when he saw you? Would he be able to control himself from just grabbing your face and kissing you senseless?

 He let out a shuddering breath as he tried to calm down. His foot wouldn’t stop tapping in anxiety and the people surrounding him kept glancing over in irritation.

 He adjusted and readjusted his snapback, making sure his hair was in place. Then he played with the bouquet of flowers he had, so vibrant and colorful. He arranged them neatly before his shoulders slumped down as he stared at the ground.

 “Get a grip on yourself, Chanyeol,” he scolded himself. 

 You were coming back for a visit during your spring break from college. He hadn’t seen you for months and the idea of having you safe in his arms again was nearly suffocating him. 

 Why couldn’t the plane fly faster? Why couldn’t it bring you back to him faster?

 He finally gave up just standing in the middle of the airport, opting instead to go find some food for his growling stomach. After all, your flight was supposed to arrive around 5 and it was only noon.

 Why he had insisted on coming to the airport so early, he had no idea.

 He quickly finished a bowl of ramen before hopping to his feet and making his way back to his original waiting spot, flowers still in his hand.

 “What’s taking so long?” he whined to himself.

 He checked the flight schedules and almost threw a tantrum when he found that your flight had been delayed for an hour.

 He had to restrain himself form throwing the flowers on the ground and jumping on them. He was never a very patient person.

 2 hours passed. Another passed after that. 

 He began to think that you weren’t

Please log in to read the full chapter