Stubborn

What Could Be
Please log in to read the full chapter

You hated that look of determination that he got in his eyes every time he was presented with a challenge.

You hated it with a passion.

Given your competitive streak, you hated to be beaten. And he was always good at beating you.

It was no surprise really when both of you decided to run for class president. You had decided that running for president would give you a good resume for future use. He only joined in because he enjoyed beating you and was confident that he would win. Again.

You were passing out buttons when he ‘accidentally’ bumped into you, knocking the box to the ground. 

“What was that for?” you shoved his shoulder, bending down to collect the scattered buttons. 

He ignored your question, choosing to ask one of his own.

“Running for president?” he flashed a crooked smile and for a second, just a second, your heart stopped.

“Yes, as a matter of fact, I am,” you regained your composure and glared at him. “Why do you care?”

“Just wanted to let you know that I’m running to,” he said absentmindedly.

“That’s completely irrelevant,” you huffed. “How does that apply to me in any way?”

“It means that you had better watch out,” he cocked an eyebrow. “Or do you really think you can win? Come on, _____. We’ve known each other since we were kids. And from day one, you have never won and I have never lost.”

You wanted to scream at him. Why did he always have to take away the things you wanted? 

You finished collecting the buttons and stood up, your eyes burning a hole into his skull. 

“You say that now,” you muttered before brushing past him into the room.

And from that day on, your glorious rivalry reached its peak. 

Somehow you convinced his hyungs to supply embarrassing childhood pictures of him and you hung them up around the halls of the school. 

There was quite a commotion when the students entered the school and found his baby pictures littered all over the place. There were laughs and ‘awwws’. You grinned in satisfaction as you leaned against the wall, waiting for the moment that Suho would enter the school and find his pictures.

“What’s going on?” you finally heard his voice and you counted down silently in your head, waiting for his reaction.

“Hey, Suho,” Sehun snickered from the side. “Is that you getting potty trained?”

Laughter erupted again in the hallway and his face turned tomato red.

“You,” he whirled around and narrowed his eyes at you. You shrugged your shoulders indifferently.

“This isn’t over,”

Please log in to read the full chapter