Baby

What Could Be
Please log in to read the full chapter

He was sick of it. So sick of it.

 Tired of his hyungs always treating him like a baby. Just because he was the youngest, the maknae, it didn’t mean that he was incapable of doing the things that they did. 

 So of course, when it came to girls, he always seemed to be the one watching from the sidelines as his hyungs had their fun. 

 Of course, that is, until he met you.

 The first time he laid eyes on you was at the park. You were a new trainee, jogging through the trails to get some exercise in. 

 Well, actually, he didn’t exactly see you first. He saw something shiny near the fountain. He started sprinting towards it for no apparent reason and only stopped when he tripped on an untied shoelace and crashed into you, almost landing both of you in the fountain.

 “Oof!” you cried out, landing on top of his chest. “Sorry! Didn’t see you there!”

 “It’s my bad,” he choked out, the impact of hitting the edge of the fountain and then having a girl land on him having knocked the wind out of him. 

 She picked herself up and offered him a hand, inspecting her arms and legs to see if she had any cuts or bruises. He took it without really looking at her and lifted himself off the ground.

 So when he did look at you, he had heart attack number two. 

 “I, was…um…you,” he stammered, blinking rapidly. For a second he thought he had suffered from a mild concussion and was just hallucinating. No way such a pretty girl could be standing in front of him and not Kai. No freaking way.

 Of course, the moment was ruined when the other members finally caught up to him. 

 “Hey, Sehun!” Kai called and Sehun groaned, his shoulders slumping.

 How in the world was he supposed to ask this girl out with Kai around? Or Luhan? Or Suho or any of the other members really? 

 “Oh, you’re from EXO right?” your eyes lit up in recognition as he nodded his head, looking a bit peeved.

 “Yeah,” he tried not to puff his chest out and start boasting. “Sorry, I didn’t quite catch your name.”

 “Oh, it’s __________,” you rambled off. You looked behind Sehun and saw Kai watching the two of you in amusement. The other members were a little ways behind and Sehun was just glad Baekhyun and Chanyeol had yet to arrive.

 “Oh my god, it’s Kai,” you started spazzing out. Fangirl mode, activated.

 Kai tried hard not to laugh at the look on Sehun’s face

Please log in to read the full chapter