Warrior

What Could Be
Please log in to read the full chapter

You watched in horror as he stood in front of you, poised to protect you once again.

 “Go,” you hissed through clenched teeth. “I can take them myself.”

 That was an obvious lie, and anyone could see it, since you had been wounded early on in the battle with a stab to the side. It hadn’t been deep, but the blade had been coated with a thin layer of poison, so the wound was a lot worse than it should’ve been.

 “No you can’t,” he lowered into a crouch, eyes narrowed in a murderous glare. “Go to the tent. Now.”

 “I can’t just leave you here alone,” you argued uselessly.

 He shot you a withering look. “Go.”

 His tone was final, there was no way anybody could have disobeyed it. Anybody but you that is.

  You struggled to your feet, repositioning yourself into a similar crouch as his, taking out your dagger and holding it out in front of you. The wound in your side throbbed but it wasn’t the worst you’ve gone through. 

 “You go down, you’re bringing me down with you,” you refused to be swayed and he only rolled his eyes, for once not attempting to argue with you.

 The enemy launched their final attack and you heard Tao give some sort of strangle battle cry next to you.

 You chuckled darkly. He was always into making things dramatic.

 Both of you quickly went to work, kicking and punching, lashing out viciously until you were certain there were no stragglers left behind.

 Tao gave a victory cry, picking you up and spinning you around in the air. You ignored the pain in your side, lifting your dagger into the air in triumph.

 He set you back down and kissed you hungrily, letting you know how muc

Please log in to read the full chapter