Yes or No?

What Could Be
Please log in to read the full chapter

“No,” you sighed in exasperation. “Why won’t you just leave me alone? Don’t you have like twenty different girls begging for your attention? Why don’t you go kiss up to someone that actually cares?”

 The words stung, but he didn’t show it as he plastered on yet another cocky grin. He had lost count of how many times he had gotten rejected by you, yet he still hadn’t given up.

 “Please, ______,” he tried to maintain his cool but inside, he was about to melt into a pathetic puddle, “why won’t you go out with me?”

 “Because you’re a stupid player that likes to toy with people’s feelings,” you shrugged matter-of-factly.

 “That’s a little harsh,” he said, although he knew that it was partially true. He didn’t intentionally try to hurt people, he just didn’t seem to know how to control the effect he had on people.

 And he wasn’t a player. Everyone thought that he was, but he really wasn’t. Just because he had devilishly good looks, people just had to label him as a playboy. Heck, he couldn’t even remember the last time he had been on a date for crying out loud. It had been way too long ago.

 Usually he didn’t care what other people thought of him.

 It just seemed to hurt so much more when coming from your mouth. Some part of him wilted a little at the thought that you actually believed the worst about him.

 “Kai,” you whispered, looking down at your shiny black shoes. You readjusted the hem of your skirt, fidgeting in your uniform uncomfortably. “Please, just leave me alone.”

 You pushed past him and he sighed, wanting to cry. It wasn’t fair. Why couldn’t you just give him a chance? 

 He wondered vaguely if he should just give up. After all, it was obvious that you had no interest in him, whatsoever. He had tried so hard to live up to what he thought was good enough for you.

 He helped you with homework, helped you with sports. He offered to carry your heavy textbooks, offered to drive you to school instead of letting you walk from the dorms. He set up spontaneous little surprises that for a while delighted you, but started to irritate you after a while.

 What had he done wrong?

 His shoulders slumped as he made his way to the dance studio where he knew he would have to see you. He didn’t know whether to be excited this time, or to feel extremely awkward.

 Where had all his confidence gone? He was supposed to be Kai, the most popular guy at SM University, not Kai the doofus that ran away from all his problems. 

 When he walked in, he saw you stretching off to one side and his heart skipped a beat. Seeing you at the dance studio, was seeing the most natural side of you. It just seemed to make you even more beautiful to him.

 The teacher entered the class and everybody lined up, ready to learn yet another dance.

 He tried to make room for himself next to you, but when you saw what he was trying to do, you immediately moved to the other side of the room.

 He blinked, thunderstruck. What was your problem with him? He didn’t get it. At all.

 The two of you were assigned to practice a ballroom dance for the session and you groaned inwardly. Kai couldn’t even look at you, his ego had deflated so much.

 You couldn’t argue with the teacher, deciding that it was just best to get everything over with. You were surprised when it was Kai that asked if he could just practice by himself. You could o

Please log in to read the full chapter