Angel

What Could Be
Please log in to read the full chapter

You longed to hear his powerful voice again. It was so full of emotion, full of depth. And when he sang, you felt like melting into a puddle.

 It had been a few years since you last saw him. He had come down from the heavens, claiming to be your guardian angel. The two of you had fell in love unexpectedly but he had to leave. He couldn’t stay on Earth for too long because he didn’t belong there.

 “You belong here with me,” you had pleaded. “Please, don’t go.”

 “I have to, love,” Chen responded, his voice full of sorrow. 

 You had cried into his chest, wrapping your fingers tightly around the front of his shirt in a desperate attempt to keep him from leaving. 

 “I promise I will come back to you,” he had whispered. “I will fight for our love.”

 Four years passed and still nothing. You wanted to give up hope, to move on, but you just couldn’t. How could you love someone else when your heart had been stolen by this angel?

 You decided to go for a short walk around the city, to try and enjoy the nighttime view. You quickly bundled yourself up in your winter stockings, and stepped outside into the bitter cold. 

 Your breath came out in white wisps of smoke as you wrapped your scarf closer around your neck, your gloves warm and toasty in their soft gloves. Fluffy earmuffs hugged your ears. Your boots wrapped around your lean legs snugly and your long coat draped effortlessly from your shoulders.

 As you walked down the main shopping streets you caught several men looking at you appreciatively. You found yourself blushing at

Please log in to read the full chapter