Chapter 2: Part 3: Heartbeat

Drifting Further Away

Hunju's POV


Well, that was one of the greatest sleeps I've ever had in my life. I feel like tons of weight was lifted off my shoulders. I should thank Namjoo and Hayoung
for this. I'll think of a way to thank them later though.
I went downstairs and saw my sister cooking breakfast.

"Good morning Noona!" I said with a big smile.

"Hey Hun! Good morning to you too! You seem well rested. Here I'll get you a plate of food." She said with an equally big smile.

Everything's going right with my life for the first time after the "accident". I hope I don't jinx it in any way.

"So Hun? Is the girl you were with last night a special someone?" My sister said with a smirk.

"What?! No Noona! She just happened to be a neighbor I helped out. That's all." I said as I almost choked on my cup of coffee.

"Really? That's sad." She said with a disappointed face.

"Why is that?" I asked.

"Well, she had that loving look on her face. I saw it from across the window. You would make a cute couple though. That's sad. Well, you better hurry up. You
might be late for school." She said as she took my plate.

She said that Woohee noona had that "loving look". That's weird. She can't like someone right after a breakup, that's just wrong.

It took me 15 minutes to get ready since I already bathed so I just needed to brush my teeth and change clothes.

"Bye noona! See you later tonight!" I said while waving towards her.

"You be safe okay? Bye!" She said with a smile.

Just as I was exiting the house, I saw Woohee noona walking out of her house too.

"Woohee noona!" I said as I ran to her.

"Hey Hunju! Wanna walk together to school?" She asked.

"Sure, but let's split once we're near the school. Your ex might make a scene if he sees us." I said after recalling last night's events.

"What? Don't worry about him, he can't do anything to you if there's people around us. Don't worry!" She said as she wrapped her arm around mine.

She's acting very hyper active right now. Not like last night, she was a bit timid, now she's acting like we've known each other since childhood. But she's at least
being friendly, so that's fine.


While we were walking to school, we just talked about random things and had a laugh, when I was suddenly felt a bag smack my head. I turnedaround and it was
none other than Namjoo.

"What the hell do you think you're doing Hun! Dating another girl already?! Wait until I tell Youngie about this!" She scolded me.

"Wait, don't misunderstand! She's a neighbor and a friend I know! I helped her yesterday during my date with Hayoung." I said in response

"Ohhh okay! Hello! My name is Kim Namjoo!" She said as she shoved me and shook Woohee noona's hand.

Wow, this girl really is energetic about everything.

"Hello! My name's Bae Woohee! Nice to meet you!" She said as she shook Namjoo's hand too.

"So Unnie! We should hangout together some time! As a group!" She said excitedly.

"Of course! Just tell me when!" She said while jumping like a little girl, wow, in just that instant, they forgot that I was here.

After meeting each other, then just talked to each other and held hands while walking towards school. I was alienated by these girls. Wow, that really
escalated quickly.

When we arrived, we saw Hayoung, the girls greeted her before I said anything. I wanted to say Hi but the girls just cut me off so I went straight to class.

I was listening to music while reading a book, everyone in class was just talking to each other since the teachers wasn't here yet. Then Namjoo hit my head again
with her bag. Man, what is up with her and hitting my head?

"What the hell?!" I said angrily.

"You left us there dude! That's rude!" She said in response.

"That's because I was getting ignored, and I didn't want to be rude and in on your conversation! And the rude one is you for hitting my head!"

"Well, you could've said you were feeling ignored! That wasn't our problem!" 

We kept arguing until the teacher stopped us. He punished us and told us to help the librarian after school with book stacking. Great, now I can't hang out with Hayoung
and I had it all planned out.

After 3 hours of class, we had a break, so me, Hayoung and Namjoo went to the cafeteria to eat. Me and Hayoung were amazed at the amount of food that Namjoo
brought. It was enough to feed 5 people at least.

"Because of Namjoo, I can't hang out with Hayoung, I had it all planned out too. Thanks a lot!" I said annoyingly

"Don't worry Hun, I can't really go out today, I'm gonna help Woohee-unnie with something later." She said as Namjoo laughed at my fail moment.

"At her house?" I asked.

"Nope, at my house. Why?" 

"Nothing, just got curious." I actually wanted to surprise them if it was at Noona's house, instead I have to spend the afternoon with annoying Namjoo.

I could have at least wrote something, even if Hayoung was busy. Aish! This is so frustrating.

After classes ended, I headed straight to the library. 

The only silver lining I could find with this situation is that the library is really cold, and with summer being here, at least I won't be sweating bullets.

I saw Namjoo already there and she was carrying a stack of books.

"Hey, do you want me to help? That's a lot of books, you might drop them." I offered to help her.

"Nope! I got it! I'm strong you know! Don't worry about me!" She said while shrugging me off. Oh yeah, I forgot, she's really stubborn.

I started to carry my stack of books too and put them on their shelves. Some of the shelves are really high so I checked up on Namjoo since she might not reach them.
She once again shrugged me off. Man, she really is stubborn.

We continued carrying and stacking the books, until I noticed her legs shaking as she carried the books.

"Hey! Be careful! You almost fell!" I said as I grabbed her stack of books. She looked really pale too. I put the books on a table first and let her sit down.

I touched her forehead and it feels really hot. She overexerted herself with the books.

"You should go to the nurse's office. I can finish this myself, you need to rest." I said to her.

She didn't say anything, but she just stood up and shoved me and got the stack of books and went to the shelves. I'm getting worried since she might get even more
sick if she continues this.

I carried the last stack of books then I suddenly hear a loud thud and some books falling so I rushed there and saw Namjoo on the ground. I touched her forehead again
and it felt hotter than before. I stacked the books quickly and asked the librarian if we could leave. Good thing she was kind and let us go.

So I carried her to the nurse's office. She wasn't really heavy, in fact she was really light, considering she eats a lot.

"I'm sorry Hun." She suddenly said weakly.

"Just shut up. You need to rest." I responded.

We arrived at the office rather quickly, and the nurse told me to lay her on the bed. I exited the room and waited for the nurse outside.

After 20 minutes, she came out. "Don't worry about her, she just needs a bit of sleep. She has a slight fever. Can you accompany her home? She might not have the
energy to walk by herself." She told me.

"Of course, thank you nurse." I said as I went inside, seeing a rather haggard Namjoo.

I looked at my watch before we headed out of the office and I saw that it was already 6pm, it's gonna get dark too. Well, this has been a wonderful day for me.

I guided her while we were walking just to make sure she wasn't gonna fall or anything like that.

She almost fell twice and it got me more worried. She must've been really dizzy from medicine or something.

"Come on, just let me carry you. You're too sick." I said as I pulled her and forcefully carried her since I know she'd say no.

We were walking for 20 minutes and we weren't even half way to her house.

"Damn, it's getting really dark. Just my luck." I cussed at nothing.

"I'm sorry." She said while grasping my shirt.

"No, it's nothing. Just rest, we'll get you home shortly." I said to her.

But she kept saying sorry throughout the walk. I couldn't stop her and she just kept saying sorry.

After 15 more minutes of walking, we finally reached her house. I knocked on the door and her mother told me to lay her on her bed.

I felt her forehead again and she seems to be getting better. It's not as hot as before, which gave me a sign of relief.

"Well, Namjoo, get some rest okay? Take the day off tomorrow, I'll just drop by her to give you school notes." I said before going to the door to leave the room but
then she stopped me from doing so.

"I'm still going to school tomorrow, don't worry, a good night's rest is all I need." She said to me with a smile.

"It's your choice, but don't overexert yourself, you might get seriously sick, now, I need to go home, I'll text you when I get there. Bye!" I said before closing the door.

After I closed the door, I just leaned on it thinking about her getting sick. That would , I can't imagine Namjoo being gloomy at all.

Just when I was thinking about that stuff, the door suddenly opened and I fell on my .

"Why are you leaving your room? You should be-" I was about to scold her but then she interrupted me by hugging me which surprised me a lot.

"Why are you hugging me?" I said with surprise.

"I just wanted to thank you. I'm glad you were there to take care of me." She said while tightening her hug.

"The nurse took care of you, not me."

"You know what I meant. But nonetheless, thank you."

"Let go of me now, I might get sick too."

"Ohh, okay okay, sorry. Go home quickly, it's getting late. Don't forget to text me okay?" She said while sniffing.

"Don't worry about me. Go rest." I said as she waved to me gesturing a goodbye.

The trip home was relatively boring, it was just a 25 minutes bus ride. I was texting Hayoung while on the bus, she told me about her and Woohee-noona's day.
She said that they just ate something from the cafe and Hayoung helped Noona with some homework since Hayoung is a smart girl.

Once I entered the house, I was greeted with an ear-to-ear smile by my sister.

"Hey Noona!" I said with a hug.

"Hi Hunju! Get changed, dinner's gonna be ready in 10 minutes." She said with a reply hug.

"Okay, I'm sure it's gonna be tasty as usual." I replied and she just laughed as she got back to cooking.

I got changed into my house clothes and sat on my bed to text Namjoo.

I just got home. Bus ride was boring.
-Hunju

She replied quite fast, she must've been bored too.

Good thing nothing bad happened. I'm so bored. Being sick is a pain in the .
-Namjoo

Go text Hayoung too.
-Hunju

Let's just talk, I feel as though we have some catching up to do.
-Namjoo

What kind of catching up does she mean? We see each other like, every day.

Maybe later, I'm gonna eat dinner first. You eat well too, okay?
-Hunju

Don't worry about me, I'm not a baby. >.<
-Namjoo

After that conversation I just layed on my bed and thought about Namjoo. I don't know why but she seemed to be the only thing on my mind today. Even before I
knew she was sick, I kept thinking about her instead of Hayoung, which is really weird.

As I was thinking about this whole situation, my sister called me and told me that dinner was ready.


Namjoo's POV

Why is my heart beating so much after Hunju helped me get home? This is wrong! Get your head straight Kim Namjoo! This is wrong! This is wrong!

Ohhh, he texted me. I should just act casual. Come on Kim Namjoo! You got this!

(After texting)

"Damn it!!!" I screamed while covering my face with a pillow.

"Stop it with the emotions!!" I kept screaming into the pillow.

"I need to get this straight before it gets any worse. I need to make Hunju and Hayoung a couple as fast as possible!" I said to myself like a crazy person.

"That'll force me to stop feeling anything towards Hun." I said with a motivating voice to pick myself back up.


Hunju's POV

Why is my heart beating so much? This is weird. Must be tired or something.

I'll just sleep it off. I have a feeling tomorrow's gonna be a hectic day, with or without Namjoo.

 


Hey guys! Sorry for the late and sloppy update, this is the best I can do for now. I promised I'll make it up to you guys. No chapter questions for now, even though the questions are pretty obvious.I'll really REALLY try to update faster, I promise, but for now, this is what I can do. Well, this has been the unlovable author, signing out! Lovelots!