Chapter 2: Part 2: One Coincidence After Another

Drifting Further Away

Hayoung’s POV

 

He held my hand while pulling me somewhere. My heart was beating so fast. I really can’t believe that this isn’t a dream. If this is a dream, I hope I don’t wake up.

“Hayoungie?” He nudged my shoulder.

“Ohh. Is this the place?” I asked while looking around. It’s just a hill with a big tree. But you can see the city lights pretty well. I looks beautiful, even if you just stare at it.

“Yeah, I used to stay here a lot of times…..with Hyerim-noona. But that’s in the past. Now I want to spend time here with you.” He said with hesitation, I know it hurts him to be reminded of his former love.

He guided to a sit down beside the tree. We were the only ones here and the view was just amazing. It was really really romantic. I decided to hold his hand and he just let me. I leaned onto his shoulder. We didn’t talk for 20 minutes like this, we just admired the sight.

“Are you bored?” He asked me suddenly.

“No, not at all. I love it here. It’s so relaxing.” I reassured him.

“Yeah, the view is really nice this time of night. Do you want some ice cream? I’ll go buy some.” He said as he was about to stand up.

“Sure. Can I get vanilla?” I requested.

“Okay, I’ll be back quickly.”

 

Hunju’s POV

 

I stood up and went to my favorite gelato store. I’m sure she’ll like the gelato there.

I kept walking until I heard people arguing by the benches. It looks like the guy is scolding the girl, which is probably his girlfriend.

“Don’t try to say sorry you ! Get the heck out of my sight!” He said as he pushed her hard. She fell down on the ground hard too. There’s a big thud. She’s obviously crying. She isn’t even fighting back.

“We’re over! Get out of here! You’re worthless!” He said as he kicked her while she’s down.

That’s when I thought that that was enough. I rushed towards them and stopped the fighting.

“Hey! That’s enough! She’s getting hurt! Stop it!” I intervened between them.

“Get out of here kid. You shouldn’t get involved in other peoples’ business.” He said while attracting more attention from other people.

“She’s had enough okay? I don’t know what she did but she doesn’t deserve to be hit like this.” I said while looking straight onto his eyes.

“Why you-“ He said as he was about to throw a punch but he was stopped by a familiar figure. It’s Mr. Choi. I never thought I’d see him but I’m glad he’s here.

“That’s enough you two. Now, go your separate ways before I report you to the principal tomorrow. Hunju-sshi, take her home safely okay? And you sir, you’re coming with me.” He said as he grabbed onto that guy’s arm and pulled him away.

I was glad we didn’t have to resort to violence. Once I was calmed down, I tended to the hurt girl. She looks familiar though.

“Sorry about that. He’s my boyfriend, well, ex-boyfriend now, Bang Yongguk. He’s quite a bad boy, I’m sorry again.” She said calmly. She wiped her tears already, and she looks composed now.

“If you don’t mind me asking, what is your name?” I said as I helped her stand up.

“Bae Woohee.” She said while smiling.

I think I’ve heard of her name before, but I’m not so sure.

“Can you please wait here? I’ll just buy something and we can go somewhere for you to rest before going home.” I said and she responded with a smiling nod.

I bought the gelatos and jogged to her. We walked back to the tree where I left Hayoung. I hope she doesn’t get mad.

“Hey! I’m back!” I said to get her attention.

“Took you long enough! Ohh, hello Woohee-unnie!” She said as she turned around and saw me with a girl.

“Ohh, Hayoungie, what a coincidence. Your friend here helped me when I was being hurt by my boyfriend. I’m really thankful.” She said with a bow.

“See? I told you he’s not good for you, you’ll just end up being hurt by him. But I didn’t think of it literally, I hope you’re not too hurt.” She said with concern as she checked for any bruises.

“Nope, I’m fine. Thanks to- Uhmm, what’s your name sir?” She asked me.

“Shim Hunju. I’m Hayoung’s classmate.” I responded.

“Ohh, you’re that guy looking for Eunji-sshi. Surprising. Sorry for not recognizing you.”

“It’s fine. Here I bought us all some gelato. Hope I bought the right one, I didn’t know what to buy for you Woohee-noona.” I said as I gave out the gelatos.

“It’s fine! I eat anything!” She said as she laughed.

We ate our desserts while looking at the night view. We had a good time just talking about random stuff. I looked at my phone and saw that it’s getting pretty late.

“Guys, it’s getting late, should we leave soon?” I asked them.

“Yeah, it is getting late. Sorry for interrupting your date guys. I’m so sorry for being an inconvenience.” Woohee-noona said as she bowed.

“No it’s fine. You had a tough time back there. Hun, you should walk Woohee-unnie home, you need to protect her. My house is not that far from here. I’ll text you when I get home, okay?” Hayoung said as she stood up and prepared her stuff before leaving.

“Are you sure you’ll be fine alone?” I asked her.

“Yeah, don’t worry about me, Woohee-unnie needs you more now that I do. And I’ll text you if you remember?” She said as she was getting ready to leave.

“Okay, if you say so. Woohee-noona, shall we get going then?” I asked.

“Sure, my house is kinda far from here, I’m sorry if we take a while.” She said with a little bow.

“Not at all, my house is also kinda far from here, maybe I’ll have an easier time going home too.” I said. Then Hayoung gave us her goodbye and we started walking to Woohee-noona’s house.

We started to walk down the street, we weren’t talking at all since we’re still pretty awkward with each other.

Then she asked, “Why did you ask to see Eunji-sshi earlier?”

“Ohh, well, she’s an old friend, she was my former crush. I just wanted to talk to her again if she was the girl I’m looking for, she used another name back then. It was Hyerim.” I explained to her.

“I see. I guess it didn’t work out huh? I’m sorry to hear that.” She said sadly.

“It’s fine, I expected it. How about you noona? Are you fine about your break-up?” I gave a little laugh and asked her.

“I’m fine now. I’m really thankful to you Hunju-sshi. I’m really lucky that you were there at the right time. He could’ve hurt me more if you weren’t there.” She said as she snuffled, it sounds like she’s gonna cry again. So I hugged her. This is a really bad experience for her, a literal painful break-up.

“*sniffle* I’m okay now, let’s keep going.” She said as she wrapped her arm around mine.

As we kept walking, I noticed that her path is similar to the path I take, I didn’t let her know since I’m still not sure if we live near each other.

But after crossing 2 more blocks, she pointed towards her house. I was so shocked to see that we literally live next to each other. I am anti-social so I don’t know my neighbors, I always stay inside my house to write or read. I never got a chance to meet my neighbors at all.

“Well, we’re here! Thanks for walking me home Hunju-sshi! I’m sorry if you’ll have to walk too far because of me.” She said apologetically.

“No, it’s fine Woohee-noona. In fact, I’ll walk home now, you can see my house from here.” I said with a giggle.

“Really?! Where is your house?” She asked with a surprised expression.

“I’ll just walk there now. So you’ll see for yourself.” I said as I started to walk towards my house. My house is left of her’s. This is such a surprise.

When I got there, I waved to her. She looked so surprised and we just laughed at what happened. She made a gesture at me telling me to go to her.

“What is it Woohee-noona?” I asked as I reached her.

“Can you stay for dinner? It’s the least I could do.” She requested.

That sounded weird, but I didn’t reject since I thought it would be rude.

“Okay, but I’ll just tell my sister. She might get worried. I’ll be back in 5 minutes.” I said as I ran back to my house.

What is it with me and making female friends these days? Well, whatever, just like Namjoo said, anything is better than nothing. I can’t be ungrateful for  that.

 

Woohee’s POV

 

Wow, Hunju is one of the kindest people I’ve ever met. Saving a stranger from getting hurt, you don’t see those often. Especially from someone his age. Damn you Yongguk! I’ll make you regret breaking up with me. I’ll find someone better than you, way way way better than you.

I went inside my house and immediately changed my clothes, my mom might see it damaged and ask me questions since we video chat every night and she checks everything. It’s kind of annoying in a sense but also flattering to know she cares that much. I decided to dress nicely for Hunju, just a cute floral dress.

I must admit, Hunju’s appeal skyrocketed when he rushed to save me, he’s like a real knight in shining armor. But it’s sad that Hayoung and him are dating, he’d be a great boyfriend.

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING BAE WOOHEE?! You can’t fantasize about your friend’s boyfriend! That’s just wrong!

As I scolded myself, I heard the doorbell ring. I ran towards the door and fixed my hair for the last time.

“Hello noona! I brought desserts, my sister made them.” He said as he gave the cookies. Wow, he really is just nice.

“Wow! Thanks! I prepared the food my mom left me. My parents are on a business trip for 2 more months, so I have to cook for myself. Come in! Take a seat!” I said as I ushered him to the dining table.

“Your house looks great! It’s well maintained. And the food smells great. You cooked this right?” He said as he looked at the food.

“Yeah, I’m not that good, but I hope it tastes good.” I said as I took a seat, right in front of him.

I led the prayer then we started to eat.

As we ate, we had random talks about school and other stuff like that, everything was normal.

“So, since when have you and Hayoung been going out?” I suddenly asked.

Bae Woohee! What are you doing! Stop embarrassing yourself!

He gagged when I asked that. He looked surprised and had trouble swallowing his food.

“*cough* * cough* I’m sorry, I was just shocked. We’re not dating or anything like that. We just hung out today, nothing special.” He replied. I don’t know why I was happy to hear that. Stop it!

“Do you have feelings for Hayoung?” I asked him. Really! I’m not gonna stop am I?!

“I’m not sure. I have a lot in my mind. And I just had trouble with my former crush, so I don’t think I’m ready. Me and Hayoung just hang out now, no strings attached.” He said.

“Are you open to dating?” Really?! REALLY?!

“Sure, why not? But I’m not sure about Hayoung though.” He replied.

My heart was beating so fast right now and I’m sure my face was getting red right now. Aish! This is so embarrassing!

“Are you alright noona?” He suddenly asked. He then put his backhand onto my neck and checked my temperature. Yeah, I was red as a tomato.

“You’re feeling hot, you should get some rest. And it’s getting late too, we still have school tomorrow.” He said as he removed his hand and then drank water.

“Y-eah, yo-u’re right.” I stuttered. Great! Well played!

He helped me wash the dished after even though I said I’ll do it. After that he said his goodbye.

“Wait! Uhmm, Hunju-sshi, can I get your number?” I asked him.

“Ohh sure, give me your phone, I’ll put it in and you can put your number on mine too.” He said as he gave me his phone. After we put our numbers, he opened the door.

“Thanks for the meal noona! It tasted great! Let’s hang out again sometime since we’re neighbors. See you in school!” He said as he waved goodbye.

I sent a sigh of relief that it was over until. Ding!

“That’s it! I know what to do!” I said to myself with a smile.


What's up guys! It's been almost a year since the last update and holy sh*t, I am so sorry. I promise to update more. My life's just been a rollercoaster this past year and I'm starting college in two months so not much time in writing, but I'll do my absolute best, I rpomise.

So, how do you like the addition of Woohee to the main cast? I just like her too much that I feel bad for putting her on a supporting role. So sorry if it sounds forced T_T

But yeah, she's gonna add a whole new element to the story and I promise that it'll be more interesting with her inclusion.

 

I miss you guys so much and I feel like I lost a lot of readers in that hiatus, but it's my fault and I deserve it, but whoever is still reading this, give the story a comment with your feedback, I love reading feedback, negative or positive. I love you guys and again I'm sorry for leaving you guys suddenly T_T

But I'm back, with a stronger drive than before. I'll be sure to update more before my classes start. That's my promise. I love you guys, don't forget that. This has been your unlovable author, and I'm signing off until the next time, give me opinions and suggestions okay? I'd really appreciate it! Bye bye! Lovelots! <3 <3 <3