Chapter 2: Part 1: Mending the Bond

Drifting Further Away

Hunju’s POV

 

I’ve been facing regret for a big part of my life, but for some reason, my regret for what I’ve done to Hayoung is making my body take its toll. I’ve seen her cry before but this time, what I’ve said and what I’ve done is what made her cry.

I decided to approach her. I know Namjoo is watching but she was blocked from my thoughts. I hesitated whether or not I should even continue this, but I manned up and did it.

“Hayoung?” I said while nudging her back.

She just kept crying which made me feel worse about myself.

“Hayoung? Please, let me talk to you. Please.” I sincerely said to her. She suddenly lifted her head showing her teary red eyes. I felt like a criminal for what I’ve done.

“Talk.” She suddenly said.

“All I have to say is, you didn’t hear the last part of what I said.” I bravely said, I expected a slap or punch by that time but it didn’t come.

“What did you say? What was the part I didn’t hear?” She asked. I can see that she was curious.

“I rejected her.” I bravely said, but truthfully I was so scared. I thought she might think I was lying which I can’t explain further.

“I actually believe you, but my mind is trying to tell me otherwise. I don’t think you’re a liar, which is frustrating since you’re trying to reconcile with me.” She said with tears forming in her eyes again.

“You know what would make this situation worse?” She suddenly asked while looking down.

“What is it?”

“Is that I can’t even get mad at you. As much as I want to get mad at you, I can’t. I’m just getting mad at myself no matter how hard I try.” She said with tears finally falling on the chair.

This almost got me. I wanted to break down in tears. She really hit me where it hurts the most, especially when I know I’m vulnerable.

“You have every right to get mad at me. I’d actually appreciate it more if you really did get mad, it would take a lot of weight off my shoulders. I can’t take the guilt anymore.” I said with a cracking voice.

“Why are you guilty?” She asked while looking up again.

“I’m the reason why you’re sad. I can’t take it. I don’t want to make anyone sad anymore. I’ve made my sister sad and now I think my childhood friend is crying, which is still my fault. I don’t want you to get sad too. You’ve only been close to me for a short time. I don’t want to lose you so quickly.” I said with a softer cracking voice. I could feel myself breaking down at any moment.

Hayoung suddenly cupped my cheeks. Her hands were cold, but usually when I hold her hand, it’s warm.

“Don’t blame yourself all the time. I’m not mad at you and yes I’m sad, but not because of you. I was serious when I said I like you, and what happened today, can’t change what I feel for you.” She said while still cupping my cheeks. After she suddenly pecked my lips and smiled cutely. I was happy that she smiled. The thought of guilt still hasn’t cleared up but at least I feel somewhat positive.

“Do you still want to go to the mall? We have some time left.” I mustered up the courage to ask her.

“Sure, I’d love that.” She said as she stood up from the chair and then suddenly hugged me.

Even more suddenly, Namjoo whacked my head with her bag.

“If you ever hurt her like that again, you’ll get more of a beating from me. Now get out of here love birds.” She said with annoyance.

Hayoung laughed at her protective best friend and wrapped her arm around mine as we walked out of the classroom.

As we were walking outside, various eyes were staring at us with suspicion like we were a couple or something, but we didn’t mind, we just want to have fun on our date.

“Hey.” She said as she nudged the arm I’m using to hold hers.

“What is it?”

“Can I call you ‘Jagiya’ just for today?” She asked with a soft voice.

I giggled because I thought she was joking but I saw that she was waiting for my answer.

Considering what I’ve made her feel today, I guess it won’t hurt just this once.

“Sure, why not?” I said with a smile.

Then she beamed with a bright and lovely smile. I admit, she looked very beautiful as I expected her to look haggard after crying so much.

After 10 minutes, we arrived at the mall and immediately went to the movie theater. I let her choose the movie while I bought some snacks and drinks.

When I got back, she helped me carry the food and she gave me the ticket. I recognized it as a romance movie, but I don’t mind at all. What got me thinking was how long the movie was, it was 3 hours long, but it was alright, I didn’t need to go home early anyway.

“Come on, let’s get inside.” She said as she skipped inside the theater.

I laughed at her dorkiness as I followed her casually. As we got inside, we sat at the farthest row away from the big screen.

\As we were waiting for the movie to start, I see her trying to warm herself up. I took the initiative to hug her tightly. She then leaned on to me.

“Thanks jagiya.” She said as she held on tightly just as the movie was starting. The movie was actually quite normal and I got kinda bored. I looked at her and saw that she was really engrossed in the movie.

A few minutes later I fell asleep while my head leaned onto her head.

 

Hayoung’s POV

 

I had a special connection to this movie, it was the movie I watched while I was alone for the first time on my birthday.

Ever since I just cried whenever I watched it. It’s no surprise that Hun fell asleep, my friends got upset or just fell asleep watching since it wasn’t that good to them. Time just flew by and the movie ended. I can’t believe that we didn’t even touch the food we bought. What a waste.

“Yah! Wake up!” I yelled at him.

“What? Already?”

“You fell asleep for like an hour, at least.” I said annoyingly.

“We didn’t even get to eat. I’m sorry. I just can’t stand romance movies, I don’t find them interesting.” He said apologetically.

“It’s fine, it’s not the first time one of my friends fell asleep watching this movie.”

“Come on, I’ll pay you back for falling asleep.” He said as he grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the movie theater.

“Where are we going?” I asked while trying to keep up with his pace.

“You’ll know once we get there. I promise that this place is very romantic. This is a date after all.” He said which made me blush a bright red. I can’t believe he’s actually the one making the move. This is a dream come true.


Hey guys! Author-sshi here! Sorry for being inactive for so long. To find out the reason, read my latest blog. Thanks for supporting me all the way and waiting for me. I have this feeling that this chapter is slightly shorter than my other works, but after all the complications and difficulties, this was the best I could pull off. I'll to make another part later. This only took me 2 hours so I think I can dish out at least one more since I'll be going back to school in one day's time. Well, comment some feedback, I love reading comments and it gives me some more boosts into writing. Thanks so much guys!

Well, this is Author-sshi signing off, lovelots! <3 <3

P.S. (You know this was coming)

How do you like Hun and Youngie's situation so far? Do you think they'll become an official couple? What about Namjoo? And what about Eunji? Do you think they'll fight for Hunju? Comment everything below because comments are just lovely. And put in some suggestions that you might want to see.

Okay, this is true this time, really signing off, peace out and lovelots! <3