Analysis and Flying Shoes

Never Underestimate Women
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Of course I have no such luck, Junmyeon wanted us to meet each other so we could hang out more often. Today was now Saturday and I’m being dragged out of the house to go to watch that flirting dude, Luhan’s soccer match. I wanted to sleep, but soccer is Minseok Eonni’s passion so I stayed awake for her sake. It was a pretty intense match though. When they had halftime, the score was 2-3, Luhan’s team leading. Minseok was cheering crazily next to Jong Dae and his friends while the rest of us just looked out of place.

The match had finally ended with the score 4-6, Luhan winning. The sweaty boy ran up to us in triumph, giving the quiet boy, Sehun a giant hug, resulting in the latter whacking the other on the head. Luhan told us to wait for him here at the bleachers so all of us sat down again.

I looked over to where Tao was and she made eye contact. She smiled, but quickly turned into a frown, “Yoon Ren-sshi, why are you wearing that? Why didn’t you wear the clothes we bought yesterday?” I mentally cursed out Tao for bringing that up.

Baekhyun spoke up, “Maknae-yah, what does she mean? What clothes? Did you go…shopping?”

I looked at Junmyeon to help me, but she only offered me an apologetic look. Baekhyun scoffed behind me, “I’ve been trying to get you to go shopping with me for 2 years and you’ve known Tao for less than 2 days and you go shopping with her?!” I turned around to try and calm her down, but she had already gotten up and stormed off, Chanyeol on her tail.

I placed my head into my hands and groaned. Kyungsoo sat next to me and rubbed my back. I ruffled my hair in frustration, “See, shopping is bad. Now I have to deal with angry Eyeliner.” Kyungsoo just patted my back reassuringly.

After Luhan returned to us, I told the others that I was just going to go home. Kyungsoo nodded and sent me off, ignoring Junmyeon’s pleas for me to stay.

I walked in the direction of the bus, but instead of going home, I went to the mall again. I looked around to remember what store sold what. The only way Baekhyun will forgive me is if I go shopping with her so I might as well get used to walking around the stores instead of my usual cringing away. Once all the stores were memorized and making myself familiar with going from store to store, I went home.

At home, I started cooking dinner then going to do all of the homework due for the next week of school. With those two things out of the way, I took out the clothes that I had gotten with Tao and looked carefully at them. Seeing as I was bored, I started altering one of the shorts. It came out nice so then I got bored again. I decided to try and text Baek Yeol. Only Yeol answered me, Right now is not the right time, Yoon. Baek is really upset that you chose Tao over her. I’ll text you when she’s calm down. Damn, maybe I’m supposed to be a dude because all these emotions are overwhelming.

The rest of the day was a blur and Yeol still didn’t text me back by 11 so there was nothing to do. Then Sunday came and went with me avoiding everyone, just doing some paperwork and sleeping the entire day.

Now it was Monday and school again. Everyone just left me alone, except Junmyeon barging into my room, trying to convince me to go ask for forgiveness from Baekhyun. She was still on the subject even as we were heading to first period class. After we said our goodbyes, I finally had a little peace before my phone chimed, it was a text from Tao, Hey is your friend still mad?

Yeah, but it’s okay. I always make Baekhyun angry, I’ll probably cave soon.

Cave how? O.0
I’ll probably have to go shopping with her for three times before she can forgive me.

Oh, well I’m sorry though, if I didn’t say it out loud…

It’s fine, I would’ve told her anyway and she would’ve been mad, the sooner the better. We’ll just avoid each other for a couple of days then I apologize and then we act like friends again. That’s how it works between us.

Act like friends? You mean you guys only pretend?

Truly, my only friend of the group has been Chanyeol. Minseok is the oldest and has to take care of everyone and Kyungsoo likes having someone younger than herself, but they’re actually Junmyeon’s friends.

Yoon Ren-sshi, No one can act like that if they are only pretending, they think of you as their friend, not a responsibility.

Mmm. was all I sent. My teacher just came in and I didn’t have a reply to send back. When the teacher called for our attention, I placed my phone back into my pocket and focused on the wonderful world of Algebra II.

It was now lunchtime and I was going to the cafeteria because even though Baekhyun and me get mad at each other to the point of avoiding, we have mutual understanding that we’re both fatasses and need to each lunch, so the cafeteria is a place of truce. Unfortunately, that failed when my homeroom teacher stopped me and asked me to take a stack of books to the library. Unable to say no, I took the books and headed in the opposite direction of the cafeteria. The little errand of taking books ended up lasting for the entire lunch period because the librarian had asked me to stack the books back onto their respective shelves. Finding the places for 8 books were harder than I had anticipated.

Now in my 5th period, my stomach was rumbling loudly, drawing attention from my classmates. I glared them away and paid attention to my teacher babbling about grammar and homophones in English, a pointless subject for me when I lived in the States for 3 years and was fluent in the language.

 

It was after school and I had archery practice so there wasn’t any time to go and buy food. I whined as I opened my locker door, hoping to have some snacks hidden in there. I sighed heavily and shut my door once all my textbooks were in their rightful place. All of a sudden, something was shoved into my face. I stumbled back a little to get a better look at the object in my face. It was food. My mouth watered at the sight and I looked at the one holding it, it was Baekhyun. My eyes were completely focused on the lunchbox, praying that this wasn’t a petty prank. Baekhyun grabbed one of my hands and put the lunchbox in it. “I’m still extremely mad at you, but lunch is a time of truce and you weren’t there at lunch. I don’t want you to starve so eat this before you go to practice, okay?”

I gripped onto the lunchbox tightly and gave the most genuine smile I gave someone in over a year, “Thank you Baekhyun, I really appreciate it.” Baekhyun returned the smile and walked off.

I savored the food but devoured it, not leaving anything behind. In archery, my happiness was still high so my aim was spot-on. Practice ended after a hour and everyone left. Kyungsoo texted that she wanted me to head to the performing arts center now. Having nothing at home to do, I headed to the center. The girls belonged to St. Athena and boys belonged to St. Vladimir, but we were like sibling schools so all of the athletic-related stuff and the performing arts center were shared by both schools.

So it was no surprise to see Chanyeol sprawled on the stage floor, waving his limbs around like he was making a snow angel. Kyungsoo said that she wanted everyone to get past the drama again. Drama is meant to be on stage, not in our lives. Minseok and Chanyeol hummed in agreement. Baekhyun still refused to talk to me so I just took my place next to Kyungsoo, slowly lulling myself to sleep by Kyunggie’s humming.

About 20 minutes passed by when Baekhyun pulled her hair in frustration, “Where’s that stupid Junmyeon, she was supposed to be here already!!!”

I piped in, “I know you’re mad at me, but don’t call my cousin stupid.”

“I badmouth her all the time, stupid would be considered a compliment.”

“Then keep it to yourself. Joonie takes everything we say to heart. One time I called her a and she didn’t eat for a week. So don’t badmouth her.”

“Sheesh, I badmouth all of you, none of it is actually serious, calm down jeez.”

“It doesn’t really matter if you badmouth the rest of us because Minseok stopped caring, Kyungsoo and I never cared in the beginning, and Chanyeol just takes all of your insults and tries to improve himself. Joonie takes it to be legitimate comments. Just know that if Junmyeon is going back into depressed mode, I’m killing you then Jong Dae.”

Baekhyun clicked her tongue at me, “Whatever, I’m still mad at you. You just pulled the ultimate betrayal on me! Shopping with someone else, especially a girl that you just met two days ago!!!”

“In my defense, Tao-sshi is extremely strong and taller than me.”

“Not reasonable enough.”

“Yeah, you try go up against someone who’s a good 4 inches taller than you and knows wushu. I’m practically all mouth no action so I’d rather not be stupid.”

“Liar, you just don’t like me.”

“Yeeeeah, you’re sooooo right. I hat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter