Performing, Fears, and Barriers

Never Underestimate Women
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Currently sitting in my first class of the day, Tao texted me.

Hey, I didn’t text you last night, but what happened with your Eonni?

Minseok was a bit chubbier before and she used to get bullied because of it. So she’s very self-conscious. Luhan saying that she’ll get fat hurt Minseok deeply and she would have started dieting again. That’s why I threw my shoes at him.

Oh O___O Yeah I would’ve threw more than just my shoes at him. I’m so sorry about Luhan-ge We didn’t know, we should’ve stopped him sorry.

It’s okay, Minseok-Eonni is fine now and it’s hard to stop something you don’t even know is a problem.

Well, still we’re sorry and we’ll get Luhan to beg for forgiveness the next time we see you.

Ha-ha Arasseo~~~~ I have class now so I got to go. Bai Bai

Ha-ha bye Yoon Ren-sshi.

Now I was in Economics class and my teacher was just yapping away. This is what I get for being a business major. I completed all of my assignments early so there was nothing to do again. I was still waiting for Minseok-Eonni to reply back to my text so I know she’s okay. Baek was the only one who didn’t reply to my text with We’re in class, pay attention to the teacher. Baek was telling me that she wanted to hold another photoshoot.

Hey do you think the others will model for me?

You mean like Soo, Minnie, and Joonie?

No, Like Jongdae, Jongin, Yixing them.

Maybe, but isn’t it too early to invite them for your shoots?

I guess, but I need models by the end of this week.

Tao said she’ll force Luhan to apologize when he sees Minseok, do you think that’ll work?

Umm, Minseok hangs around you a lot so she might be able to tell if he’s faking it or not.

I’ll just confirm it with them and maybe model day after next? Besides, don’t you guys have to practice for showcase today?

Oh! I forgot about that >_< and it’s our practice, you’re performing with us no matter how much you protest. Thursday and Friday will be modeling days and then the weekend will be printouts so can I use your house over the weekend???? >o<

Yeah you can use my house like usual and what songs are we even going to perform? I’m not going to dance something ridiculous.

Ha-ha you forget that you’re a back-up dancer for most of the songs. Jooyeon wants you to be her back-up in “Now,” Minjoo wants you for “One way love,” and Tae Jin wants you for “LA song.” Then Kyungsoo, Minseok, and you are supposed to sing the Chinese version of “Miracles in December.” All of us are dancing to “Eureurong” and you are supposed to do the dance break of “Mr. Mr” with Junhong together.

X____X You guys are trying to kill me, how can I perform 6 songs in one showcase, I’m not even that great………And WTF since when did I have to dance “Mr. Mr.”?????? Not only that Junhong is a giant, won’t it look really weird???? And why am I a back-up for all the ual dances =____=

Hahahahahaha because like Hyuna, you know how to bring the y!!! >x< And you danced with Junhong before, he’s one of the few people you actually like outside our group. And you are good, that’s why everyone wants you. Just only go all-out on our performances, who cares about theirs. ^0^

Ugh, I’ll just check in with Hwang-seonsaengnim. Even she knows that 6 songs is ridiculous. I guess I’ll see you in that class, 5th period right?

Yep Yep Yep. See you then Yoon. ^3^

Economics finished, Geography and English breezed by better than usual, so now it was time for lunch. Kyungsoo and I had made lunch boxes for everyone today so we dug in. Baekhyun sent a picture of the lunch box to tease Chanyeol that he didn’t have any. He sent back a picture of him pouting, the caption said “Meanie, give me some” We laughed and sent that we had an extra one for him. Now, a picture of him smiling brightly came in. This dork was definitely my best friend in the past.

The bell cut into our fun and now it was fourth period. I shared Biology class with Joonie and today we were to do a lab experiment with zinc and potassium. Joonie and me were partnered up with our two most laziest classmates, Ji Yeon and Eun Jung. They were just watching us while we demonstrated the reactions with the two elements. They were like five year old kids, fascinated by the “pretty colors.” Junmyeon and me were so amused. That’s how fourth period went.

Now it was the last period of the day and it was performing arts, the only co-ed class in our school. Joonie and me walked into the Center, she went to go find Minseok to check on her (we always have to check up on her after someone makes fun of her weight.) while I went to find seonsaengnim.

Hwang-seonsaengnim was talking with another student so I waited on the side. Once she was free, I jumped in front of her so Minjoo couldn’t steal her attention away from me. She jolted, but smiled when she saw it was me, “What’s up, Buttercup?”

“Seonsaengnim, what performances am I in for showcase?”

“I don’t know yet, people have been requesting for you to be their back-up. We’ll talk about it today. Are you planning to perform on your own?”

“Baek Baek wanted me to perform ‘Eureurong’ with everyone, and I’m supposed to perform “Miracles in December” with Minseok and Kyungsoo. Then Baek was saying something about me dancing with Junhong for Mr. Mr. dance break.”

“Okay, we’ll confirm the last one today, but I’m sure the first two are finalized so let’s go to the rest of the class and figure it out.” I nodded and followed her to the stage where everyone was warming up.

Seonsaengnim clapped her hands, “OKAY! Everyone, let’s decide who’s dancing what in showcase. Who wants to go first?”

Everybody’s arms shot up and Jooyeon was called on first, “I want to perform ‘Now’ with Minho, with Yoon Ren and Nana as my back-up dancers.”

Ms. Hwang wrote down what she said and called the next name, continuing on with each student. By the time she got everything, my name appeared 8 times. I’m nearly 100% sure that the reason they want me as their back-up dancer is that I don’t talk back, I just learn the dance the way they tell me, no questions asked. Baekhyun got into an argument how I was hers so everyone can just back off. Ms. Hwang called for attention saying that I was to only perform 4 songs in total. Two were already decided so there was only two slots left.

When we were dismissed from attention, I ran to Kyungsoo because everyone was going after me. Kyungsoo shooed everybody away, holding me in her embrace to protect me. We spent the rest of the period trying to figure out who I was going to dance with. Secretly, I wanted to dance with Junhong again, it was fun practicing with him. My other choice was with Yoon Gi, he was my teacher’s assistant in gym class and he always talked to me when I broke my leg. I told Kyungsoo my choices and she agreed, she approved of those two. Luckily, the two boys were talking together so I walked up to them, “Junhong-sshi, Yoon Gi-sshi. Do you have a moment?”

They both turned to me and frowned. Junhong spoke first, “We’re not strangers anymore, call me Dongsaeng or Junhong-ah.” Yoon Gi nodded, “And call me Oppa or Suga.”

I bit my lip, “If I can call you Dongsaeng and Oppa, does this mean I can be your back-up dancer?” Their smiles stretched from ear to ear, telling me that with Junhong, I had to learn “1004/Chunsa” and for Suga, I had to learn “Sang Namja.” With that I had my four songs and in time because the bell rang.

I had already alerted seonsaengnim of my performances and she acknowledged them. I also checked in with Jia-Sunbaenim, I could skip archery practice, but if I failed in the tournament next Saturday, she’ll kill me. Only my friends, Junhong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter