Mating Ceremony

Overdose
Mating Ceremony.
 
The name even gave Micha uncomfortable vibes. 
 
All students in the school were forced to leave their rooms in their dormitories to gather in the Grand Hall where the ceremony will commence. Micha had been crushed into a random crowd that pulled and shoved her to the middle of the Hall.
 
Once the crowd halted their movement, Micha fixed her uniform jacket and adjusted her skirt length that had somehow hiked up her thighs. She noticed many vampire students were drowned in dread and anxiousness. They fidgeted with their bits crosses attatched to their uniforms and bit their lips.
 
Among the mass of uniformed students, Micha found her sight on a certain boy. When she tilted her head, she recognised the tall, dark haired body from the rooftop some weeks ago.
 
Even until this day, he hadn’t spoken to her yet.
 
Micha subtly scanned the others surrounding him- probably his classmates.
 
“Welcome everyone.” A sultry voice soon emanated from the speakers surrounding the hall. Micha winced from the volume and averted her gaze onto the stage where the headmistress stood with the microphone laced elegantly in her long, pale fingers. 
 
“Today onwards, after you’ve found your other half, you’ll be considered adults. When the Full Moon rises, you shall eternally be bound to your destined other. I, your headmistress congratulate you all. Thank you.”
 
Respectful applauses echoed through the air as Micha could imagine organs playing in their high shrieking volume.
 
The sea of students then filed out onto the lawn where the Full Moon brightly showered upon everything and everyone. Micha calmed her breathing since it became erratic when she arrived. She hid herself behind a group of girls whom awaited the dreadful moment- or in their case, the best moment of their short 18 years.
 
One by one, eyes began to shine red. Blood red.
 
There were only a few times when a vampire’s eyes would flash the deadly crimson shade.
 
Micha’s eyes didn’t glow at all though; she didn’t allow it for this time. It was part of being a Pureblood. Purebloods didn’t have their eyes glow red, instead they glowed a piercing white but unlike normal vampires where they couldn’t control the colour change of their eyes, Purebloods could and now, she took advantage of the skill. She didn’t need everyone knowing she was of a rich lineage that has never been tainted by outcasts- such as humans.
 
Holding her breath, Micha watched as the Moon shone through the mist of clouds until it shone clearly with nothing surrounding it but pure obscurity. 
 
Bodies began to fall to their knees, red eyes staring blankly at the Moon seemingly hypnotised. Micha didn’t realise she had done it until her knees scraped over a patch of grass and her eyes were magnetised by the Moon alone. 
 
Little tremors of shocks resonated through her body until it coursed through every atom and fibre of her being. A cough had run up and she had jerked forwards, her fingers digging into the grass strands. 
 
The time was near as almost inaudible hisses broke through the air and complete silence nestled with tension froze over the mild sounds.  
 
Among the multitudes of vampire students, there rose a lean male. Micha forced her head up so she could witness what was happening. 
 
It was a boy whom sported a purple-haired bob. He was the first to rise. His eyes were a brighter shade of crimson now as he examined his premises for a certain someone. His gaze fell on a girl who had begun to stand up. She was tall with blonde wavy hair that cut at her shoulders.
 
The two attracted one another. The male had zoomed towards her side and gazed at her long and hard before his fangs protruded from his gums and he leaned downwards, piercing his teeth into her skin.
 
They were forming their soul mate connection. After the girl had partaken of his blood, they’d be eternally bound until the end of their existence. 
 
Micha grimaced at the sight. She didn’t want someone biting down on her like that. Especially one she barely knew.
 
When the sharp peculiar feeling slackened within her, she felt never-ending shocks and spasms rocking her heart.
 
She knew what was happening and she forced her body and her mind to ignore and to avoid the feeling but she couldn’t.
 
As more couples formed on the broad lawn of XYZ Academy, her will which was usually resilient was slowly crumbling bit by bit. She wasn’t ready for a soul mate let alone an eternal one.
 
The eccentric feeling forming in her body urged her to stand and seek her other half but Micha resisted painfully, clawing her fingers deeper into the filthy depths of the grass. If she didn’t escape now, her soul mate would surely come after her. Ignoring the protests of her body and mind to remain where she was, Micha gritted her teeth and forced herself to stand.
 
She only executed two unstable steps until a scent hit her hard and she staggered forwards from shock. Her body was soon captured in the warmth of strong arms and a sturdy chest. Her head fell flat against him and she groaned in pain of the spasms racking her body like short but powerful jolts. Micha took a steady breath, slowly peeling herself from the person holding her. 
 
She didn’t have to look up to know who the person was- or atleast should and would be.
 
It was her eternal soul mate.
 
She felt warm hands clasp on her wrists and she panicked. She could see the glow of his red eyes reflect off her pale skin. He was coming closer, and her heart was going into frenzy mode.
 
“May I see the girl whom I’m destined to be with?” The voice made her inhale sharply. 
 
She’d heard this voice before. It was strangely calming, his words emitted in a low frequency that was seducing to her ears. 
 
Micha swallowed, but hesitantly drew her head upwards, her non-glowing eyes swivelling up to meet a dark pair of glimmering red eyes. The feeling in her chest tightened and she felt herself recognise the male. From his thick lashes to his pink, plump lips. 
 
It was typical how he gasped with wide-eyes. Her eyes detected the gulp he took and the way his fingers slightly shivered around her wrists but unlike their previous encounters where he would run away without a word, he stayed. His eyes returned to their normal size and then his features relaxed into a soothing and soft expression. 
 
“Y-You’re him.” Micha dumbly muttered.
 
The male laughed as his eyes returned to their normal dark shade. “I’m Jongin.” He whispered, his eyes fondly studying her features.
 
Micha suddenly felt anxious under his scrutiny. She was never assessed so intensely before, unlike in her princess appearance but this Jongin, he was thoroughly taking her in with keen eyes.
 
When he finished drinking in her image, a breathless smile etched over his thick lips. “You’re the one.” He tentatively drew her closer.
 
Micha froze. She knew what was going to happen. He was going to bite her and she was going to scream like a lunatic. The whole scene was playing in her head. She would frantically kick him and pelt him with feeble punches and he would think she was crazy and leave, disappointed in her.
 
Instead, Kai took her into a tight embrace, his face buried at her neck. She felt him breathe her in, his hot breath tickling her neck like a warm feather.
 
“Don’t run away.” He whispered, letting his lips dance sensually along the skin of her neck. “I know what you’re thinking.” Kai added, his grip tensing over her smaller frame.
 
*How did he know?*
 
“I’ve waited too long for this day.” He admitted, and then, Micha felt the tips of his fangs touch her skin.