History

Overdose
When Micha arose from her sleep, she expected Kai to be on the floor, still asleep, but she was alone. He was nowhere to be found, and it was only 6 in the morning. Ruffling her hair, she threw her legs over the edge of her bed and realised Kai had cleaned up his little bed and folded the blankets, placing it on a stray chair in the corner of the room.
 
She felt bad that she made Kai sleep on the floor, but he couldn’t possibly expect her to welcome him onto her bed, and actually share.
Forgetting about Kai briefly, Micha entered her bathroom and prepared herself for the day.
 
Treading in the main corridor of the Academy, Micha was once again fascinated by the big portraits in golden frames, portraying the headmasters from the previous centuries. The Academy didn’t resemble normal schools; in fact, it looked like a big palace with a few adjustments that was appropriate for an education facility.
 
Micha made a beeline to her first class- History.
 
Like usual, she occupied the middle row, near the left corner. The spot was ideal since it was a place that was not too conspicuous. Micha however draw out her equipment and waited for the teacher to stroll in.
 
In seconds, a prim and proper woman entered the classroom, and he chatter in the room ceased.
 
Everyone respected Mrs Yong. She had that ability to silence the room with her presence alone. It was a wonder why the lady was even a teacher, she would’ve suited someone in the vampire politics.
 
Mrs Yong was tall and slender, wearing a pale pink suit and skirt. Her brown hair was tied into a simple knot on top of her hair, and she required little make-up. Her thin lips pressed together when she eyed her students. Some slightly flinched under her scrutiny, but Micha returned a blank stare. She, like the other students respected her since she was fairly nice.
 
“So, “Her nasally voice echoed through the silent classroom.
 
“Um, Mrs Yong, you said that we were going to learn of the Purebloods today.” Ahri, the girl in the front raised her arm. Mrs Yong regarded the girl, before she nodded, “You are correct girl.”
 
Ahri’s smile widened briskly, and she sat straighter. Micha rolled her eyes at the girl. She knew the girl for atleast 2 years, and she was a up in class. She was the teacher’s pet in every class, except Mrs Yong.
 
That was probably why Micha like the teacher, she didn’t pay much heed to the over attentive student.
Ahri was the same age obviously as Micha. She was quite the popular one in school, and each day Micha laid her eyes on her, she was always gossiping, unless when she’s trying to balls in class- not literally but when she’s trying to get on the good side of a teacher is what I mean.
 
A screen appeared behind Mrs Yong, and the projector shone, showing the image of the Royal Family.
Micha sank deeper into her seat, as her eyes landed on her own image. She was stiffly standing beside her father, their arms linked. In the image, she could see herself in her princess form; flattering in a deep purple gown and her hair twirled into an intricate bun. She was sporting a few golden items that were worth billions.
 
Micha wanted Mrs Yong to skip the slide, but the woman didn’t. She brought out a wooden, metre ruler and pointed to the centre of the image. “As you all know, our current royal family is of Pureblood lineage.” 
 
Micha groaned inwardly, partially covering her face with her hands. She didn’t want someone to recognise her, but so far, no one was smart enough to make the blatant connection but who could blame them, Micha was good at keeping a low profile and letting no one discover her true nature.
 
Mrs Yong then shifted the slide, to reveal a single image of Micha’s mother- Queen Suhwa. Micha resembled her mother a lot, except her mother’s eyes were amble, instead of a dark, almost black grey. Micha gulped when Mrs Yong began to question students about her mother.
 
“Does anyone know what is so special about her majesty?”
 
Not like it was unexpected, but Ahri’s hand shot up first. Mrs Yong looked like she wanted to slap her forehead, and demand another student to answer but eventually she nodded, and allowed the girl to spill her knowledge.
 
“Well.” Ahri clasped her hands together and pursed her lips together confidently.
 
*Just get on with it.* Micha held back a hiss. 
 
Ahri had serious procrastinating issues, but Micha knew she just wanted attention.
 
“She’s the Queen ma’am.” Ahri answered.
 
Mrs Yong rolled her eyes, “Yes Ahri.” She mumbled, “But what else?” The lady groaned a little, making Micha snort under her palm. *Man, I love this teacher.* She mused, watching how Ahri’s pale face contort into an irritated scowl.
 
“Her father was the third son of the first batch of Purebloods.” She answered a while after.
 
Micha’s eyes almost widened. Only few people knew that, and knowing that Ahri knew such important information, Micha obscured her face more under her slender fingers. Mrs Yong appeared just as caught off-guard. The teacher nodded, “H-How do you know this Ahri?”
 
Ahri smirked as she patted her stupid- but beautifully crafted hairdo. “My father is close to her majesty. He tells me everything he knows of the Royal Family.”
 
Mrs Yong looked like she wanted to faint, or atleast pull Ahri out the classroom and smack the bejesus out of the girl. Now that was something Micha wanted to see!
 
“Yes, that is also correct, but that is not the answer I was looking for.”
 
The look that washed over Ahri’s face made Micha erupt into a laughing fit. She had never seen Bae Ahri ever humiliated, or embarrassed. Micha hadn’t realised she exploded until eyes rested on her. She immediately clamped her lips tight and sat straighter. Her eyes instantly connected with Mrs Yong who was not pleased one bit. From her peripheral view, Micha could easily see an annoyed Ahri who was occupied with glaring the hell out her profile.
 
“Would you perhaps know the answer to the question?” Mrs Yong asked, boring Micha with her intense glare.
 
Micha wanted to curse, especially when she saw Ahri smirk at her discomfort.
 
However, Micha simply smiled back, “I do know a few things of her majesty.” *Since she is my mother after all.* Micha smugly thought.
 
Mrs Yong raised her finely waxed brow and crossed her arms. “Please do elaborate.” She instructed sternly.
 
Micha crossed her arms over her chest and leaned back against her chair, “Well ma’am, her majesty- Queen Suhwa Rosaline Lee is the only Pureblood in records to have the ability to fully render a vampire useless, just by extracting their abilities until they are drained from their powers. With that exception, her majesty simply cannot be fed on.”
 
Mrs Yong looked very impressed, but she pressed the subject, “And why is that student? Why can she not be fed off?”
 
“Her blood is poison.”
 
Mrs Yong nodded her head, a smile playing at her thin, red lips. “Correct.” She gave Micha an approved look. 
 
Shocked murmurs spread in the room, even Ahri appeared gobsmacked like her peers. Micha smirked to herself, and almost turned to face Ahri and yell ‘Huh, take that ’ but Micha’s refined palace manners didn’t allow her to throw such colourful language her way. Instead, Micha settled with a cocky smirk.
 
Mrs Yong broke the murmurs in the classroom and further explained Micha’s statement. “The girl is correct. Her majesty’s blood is pure poison-“
 
“But how is that possible?!” Ahri stood up, frantically waving her hands around. “I refuse to believe that a Pureblood’s blood is poison. Their blood is anything but, their blood is the most delectable, most sweetest liquid there is and you are telling us that her majesty’s blood is poison?! You are insulting her highness! Just wait until I tell my father-“
 
“AHRI! Sit down!” Mrs Yong hissed, her eyes raging lethal crimson.
 
Ahri’s jaw dropped and she timidly sank back into her seat. Mrs Yong sighed, and continued, “I am not insulting her majesty, just merely stating a fact. The reason that Queen Suhwa’s blood is poison, is because, she was raised with witches. The witches placed a spell on her majesty for protection, and that is why her blood is poison.”
 
*That is right.* Micha nodded her head, impressed with the teacher’s knowledge.
 
Ahri harrumphed, and glared at the teacher.
 
Micha enjoyed the rest of the minutes in the class listening to Mrs Yong, but also sneaking peaks at Ahri who fully stopped participated in the lesson with her answers and questions. *That certainly put the in her place.* Micha chuckled to herself, oblivious to pair of eyes staring at her from the back row.