Room Buddy?

Overdose
Returning to the XYZ Academy was downright inconvenient. She did not want to see that look of hurt flashing across Jongin’s face nor did she want to burden herself with facing the student population where most students treated her unfairly.  
 
It was beyond midnight when she treaded silently into her room. She didn’t bother switching the lights on and simply just stripped her clothes off. She left her bra and underwear on before proceeding to her super attractively soft bed. She could already feel the covers over her bare skin, and that idea alone was tempting her. She really wanted to sleep, and try to disperse of her thoughts regarding Jongin and their failed union.
 
Just before she could slither into the comforts of her bed, she felt something shift from the corner of her eyes. Even if the movement was slight, she easily detected it. She remained silent and allowed her eyes to trace warily to her left where something or rather someone was standing stiffly in the corner.
 
Without turning her head, she flicked the lights on with her powers. “Who are you and what do you want?” She acted nonchalant.
 
The figure hesitated to step forward, and so Micha took swift steps across the room and roughly yanked her drapes to the side. Her eyes enlarged at the sight of Jongin squished awkwardly against her window but his expression was matted out into a stoic look. 
 
Micha gasped, stumbling a few steps back. “What are you doing here?” She sharpened her tone.
 
Kai sighed but when he was ready to face his soulmate eye to eye, his gaze got distracted by her body which was only covered with a very appealing lingerie set. His eyes ran from her toned creamy legs, up to her nicely curved hips and skinny waist, up to her full s that weren’t flat but neither too big, over to her seductive neck that was pleading him to sink his fangs into and finally to her face that was beyond perfect description. Her brows scrunched from his over the top, blatant staring. “What are you looking at?” She hissed, placing her arms over her chest to cover up.
 
Kai clenched his jaw together and shrugged casually, “Well…” He scoffed, brushing pass Micha and sitting on the edge of her bed. Ignoring the glare she sent him, he continued, “We’re soulmates. Today’s ceremony proved it.”
 
Micha’s eyes twitched in response. She didn’t like his detached tone, especially when referring to her.
 
“What about today?” Micha managed to question despite the pinch of pain squeezing at her heart. 
 
Kai scoffed. “Am I that preposterous to you?”
 
Micha clamped her lips shut. If she had said something, she would’ve surely regretted it as soon as it left the tip of her tongue. 
 
Since Micha didn’t break the silence like Kai had hoped, he faced her with an emotionless expression that wrecked Micha’s emotions. “As the rules of the Academy, it is a must that I reside here with my soulmate until……” His words drifted into the air. 
 
Micha understood why. She couldn’t finish his sentence off either. Their future together was non-existent, and she knew both could see it, especially from earlier reactions towards him when they both discovered their souls were intertwined. “I understand that we may not have a future but still, let us oblige to these rules of this Academy. I do not want my reputation to be tainted by disobeying the laws of this place.” He said sternly.
 
Micha’s heart dropped. Did he only come here to uphold his perfect reputation only?
 
Feeling annoyed but mostly tired, Micha nodded her head. “Fine.” She answered.
 
Kai’s gaze flickered to her in surprise. Micha gestured to her room, “Treat it like your own but don’t get too comfy.” She narrowed her eyes and stalked to the wardrobe. She opened the drawers deftly. She could feel his gaze roaming around her body. “Stop staring Jongin.” She reprimanded, taking a hold of a long shirt from the bottom of the drawer.
 
She heard him cough but still, the feeling of his eyes on her body didn’t disappear. She quickly pulled on the long shirt on and tugged it down until the hem brushed below her knees. She peered over her shoulder to see Kai looking straight at her with that intense look shadowing his orbs. 
 
It made her knees weak but she didn’t reveal it. She simply pushed the opened drawer close and scurried to the bathroom to prepare for sleep.
 
Kai heard the tap run, and he moved towards his luggage stacked in the corner of the room. He didn’t have much things. Just a small bag pack and a medium suitcase. His eyes perked, hearing his soulmate brushing her teeth. It made him happy to know that she was just a few metres away from him, but he remained disturbed.
 
When she ran, did she reject him?
 
She hadn’t spoken of the topic yet, and he couldn’t endure the thought of her leaving his side. He unpacked his things into an unoccupied closet and waited for his beloved soulmate to exit the bathroom, so he could get prepared.
 
Minutes later, Micha strutted out the bathroom, leaving a trail of her sweet scent lingering under Kai’s nose. He struggled to ignore her scent and darted into the bathroom, locking it shut behind him. It was worser trapped inside the room because her scent was stronger there. He leaned over the sink, inhaling big gulps of oxygen.
 
How could she manage to bring him into hysterics without trying?
 
He took a swift shower, brushed his teeth, dried off and moisturised his skin. Seeing that he was finished, Kai walked out and felt himself melt at the sight of his soulmate snuggled comfortably on the bed. The sight of her was purely compelling. She was sleeping soundly, and it was difficult to believe that a fine piece of art rightfully belonged to him. 
 
He resisted the urge to join her on the bed and settled the option of creating his own sleeping area. He laid a sheet on the ground before he piled some more blankets over that. He chucked some pillows down and grabbed a thick cover from his suitcase. Sighing to himself, he got in between the covers and sank his head on the pillows.
 
He rolled onto his side and found himself staring at Micha. Yes. He knew her name. Who wouldn’t? After all, he was well aware that she was no ordinary vampire. She was the Pureblood princess, a descendent of a long, ancient line of powerful vampires.
 
Whilst she slept, there was a certain, power-filled aura radiating from her body. Most were ignorant to it, but Kai knew better. He knew that Micha was the daughter of their current King and Queen. 
 
His eyes traced fondly over her soft, prominent features. She was beautiful no doubt and her dimples seemed to amplify her beautiful, almost making her seem adorable. She stirred a bit, scrunching her nose and once again, Kai fought the urge to take away the strain in her expression.
 
He was grateful that her expression softened seconds later and she continued to slumber quietly.
 
Among the darkness, Micha glowed in his eyes. She was illuminating whiteness in the blackness. She was the sun in the Solar System and she was the key to his locked heart. 
 
Slowly, Kai dozed off. The last thing he saw was the sleeping face of Micha before his eyes succumbed into the dark world of nightmares. 
 
Even if his soulmate was the last thing he saw before he slept, her image could not scare away his never-ending nightmares. His mind was bombarded with the scenes of his family being slaughtered, the familiar screams of his younger brother being slit at the throat and lastly the petrified shriek of his mother for his name until he woke up to see the light of day pouring over his eyes.