Rejected Soul Mate

Overdose
“No.”
 
The male vampire froze, his stealthy grip on her body loosening a little. He bent his head back to see his mate’s eyes that weren’t glowing crimson like his own. “W-What?” He was genuinely caught off-guard. He had forced the question from the depth of his dry throat that was craving for her blood. 
 
Kai had not expected for his soulmate to actually run from him. While he was distracted with Micha’s rejection, he didn’t feel her slip away. He only noticed she had untangled herself from him was when she was running away in the distance, not even sparing a glance back to see his heart-broken expression. 
 
This was not what Kai expected to come of the Mating Ceremony. He secretly anticipated the time he’d meet his soulmate. He was stunned to find that it had been her. Instantly, he regretted not being able to talk to her earlier rather than giving her the silent treatment.
 
Unlike most vampires who were rejected by their soulmates, Kai did not conjure any nasty feelings. He was just plain hurt. 
The only thing Kai could do watch his destined soulmate run from him, wounding him to the core. He honestly felt his heart twist painfully and his vampire sense overwhelm with grief. People were right. Being rejected by your soulmate was worser than any pain possible.
 
When she was far enough, Micha teleported to the Royal Palace. She arrived in her room, and immediately stumbled onto her knees. It was then that she felt the aching feeling tormenting her within. 
 
She held onto her chest tightly, gasping heavily for air. Although her heart did not beat, she could feel it withering, reminding her of the rejection she had done. 
 
She felt guilty for abandoning her destined soulmate but she wasn’t ready. She doubted she will ever be ready. Even if she were to be prepared to become mated, Jongin would not accept her for the pain she caused.
 
Ignoring the fire in her heart, Micha forced herself onto her feet. She wobbled uneasily but managed to stand up. She shuffled slowly towards her bed and carefully layed on her back, staring at the ceiling with a vacant look.
 
Her room was so silent, that the ticking sound of her Grandfather Clock standing in the corner felt loud, and distinct in her ears. *I hurt him.* Micha sighed softly, closing her eyes. She could already picture Jongin’s eyes washing over with sorrow and hurt. That image would never leave her mind. When she returned to school, she didn’t know what to do if she ran into him.
 
Was she to act normal? 
 
Micha was clueless. 
 
Micha continued to stare blankly at the ceiling, noticing the small cracks at the corners of it and the small engravings of mythical creatures plotted on the sides. Slowly, the pain in her chest began to subside but the guilt still remained like a stain. *I’m sorry Jongin.*
 
“I knew you were here. I sensed you the moment you arrived.” A chirpy voice hoisted Micha from her remorseful trance.
Micha gazed to her side and found someone leaned up against her door. The light from outside was only enough to brighten his lips, the rest of his face was shielded with darkness. Her eyes trailed down the medium structure of the vampire, until her eyes rested on a pair of familiar high-tops that was so abnormal to wear in the Palace. “Is that you Kyungsoo?”
 
The vampire didn’t answer.
 
“Kyungsoo?” She began to worry. She sat up and then he spoke. “No. I’m not Kyungsoo but D.O.” Came his monotone reply.
Micha rolled her eyes, “Idiot. I thought you were somebody else. If you didn’t reveal yourself, I would’ve dug my fangs into you.”
 
D.O emerged from the darkness and smiled, “Well that would’ve been .” Now that Micha could see all of him, she brightened up like a light bulb. She hopped off from her bed and fled into D.O’s arms. D.O laughed and willingly clamped his arms around Micha. “Gosh I’ve missed you.” He gave her little frame a friendly squeeze.
 
Micha agreed, “It’s been far too long.”
 
Once they parted, D.O tucked his hands into his pocket and casually glanced around the room. “You know, you were supposed to visit here once every 3 months, why did you stop?”
 
Micha’s expression dropped, “I just didn’t feel like it. I was tired of being treated too preciously like I was gold.”
“But sugar, you are practically gold to us vampires. Heck, you’re the Pureblood Princess.” D.O proudly stated with a sparkly gleam shining in his eyes.
 
Micha didn’t smile. “That’s the problem. I rather be a hobo.”
 
D.O narrowed his eyes at her, “Sugar, don’t be irrational. “
 
Micha glared at him, “I’m not ‘sugar’, it’s Micha thank you very much.”
 
D.O shrugged his shoulders, “Whatever floats your boat…..Sugar.”
 
Micha groaned in irritation, slapping D.O on the shoulder whilst he howled in uproarious laughter. “Shut up you owl.”
 
Immediately, D.O’s expression dropped. “Owl? Really Micha?”
 
Micha rolled her eyes again, “C’mon, you started the name-calling.”
 
“Yeah but I called you sugar not a ing, ugly animal.” D.O defensively retorted.
 
“I’m sorry Kyungsoo.” Micha sighed, knowing that D.O would ease up. Like she had expected, he did and returned to scanning around the room. The joking atmosphere vanished and was replaced with a serious feel. “You shouldn’t be here.” D.O sternly said, the smile he had once had disappeared fully leaving D.O with a hard expression.
 
“I know.” Micha’s shoulders deflated.
 
D.O glimpsed at Micha with curiousness, “It’s the Mating Ceremony today. Did you meet your soulmate?” He asked.
Micha avoided D.O’s inquisitive gaze and allowed her eyes to wonder around the room. “Ummm….I did but then I rejected him.”
 
D.O gasped, completely taken aback. “You rejected him?” He shrieked.
 
Micha narrowed her eyes at him, cupping a hand over his signature thick lips. “Be quiet Kyungsoo before someone finds out I’m here.” D.O being D.O Micha’s hand, and instantly she released him, wiping her saliva covered palm over her uniform. 
 
D.O still stared at Micha in disbelief, “Did you know what you just did?”
 
“What?” Micha raised her brow.
 
“Well first of all, you’re going to end up a single crazy woman with 10 cats and second, you just destroyed your chances of being the next heir to the throne. Remember the first law of this society? In order for a Pureblood Royal to rule, they must have a soulmate.”
 
“Crap.” Micha muttered. 
 
“Did you even think about the consequences when you rejected that poor vampire?”
 
Micha bit her lips guiltily and D.O shook his head, messaging his temples. “Sugar, you need to get him back. If you don’t have him, you don’t get the throne.”
 
“Maybe I should leave it like that.” Micha whispered with her head lowered, “I told you I didn’t want to be a Pureblood princess. I’m not ready for that or having a soulmate. I’ll fail tremendously at both.” She confessed sadly.
 
D.O looked straight into Micha’s eyes. “Well, you want the vampire nation to be enslaved to that bastard Xero?”
 
Micha paled and D.O sighed in relief, “Well atleast we’re on the same page. Even if you don’t want to be the Queen, atleast take the thought of vampires being ruled by an egoistic, retarded freak before you finalise your decision.”
 
D.O was right; she was being selfish for not taking in the safety of vampires. 
 
“Aright sugar? Now go back and get your soulmate back.” He cheered on.
 
Micha chewed on her lip, *I don’t think he’ll want to see me after what I did.*
-=-=-=-=-
 
Here’s a chap!
 
Thank you for subscribing, commenting and upvoting ^-^
 
People might be wondering why I used ‘Jongin’ a lot instead of Kai in this chap. It’s just that Kai told her in the previous chapter that his name was ‘Jongin’ not Kai. So when the story is somewhat of Micha’s POV, she refers to Kai as ‘Jongin’.
 
Also, thank you reader for being patient. I know I’m a slow updater for this story and I’m very grateful that you all have decided to stay and anticipate updates.