Salvage

Overdose
After enjoying History, and getting by her mathematics class, Micha was relieved to know that it was now break time. She sprinted up the stairs using her enhanced speed like most vampires, and entered the roof top. Immediately, the window harassed her clothes and her sleek pony-tail. 
 
Micha was extremely happy, particularly after replaying Ahri’s pissed expression in her head. Micha still laughed at the amusing memory, and sat at the edge of the rooftop, pulling out a ham and cheese sandwich. Although it was not a bloodied steak, Micha bit into the bread like it was the most delicious thing out there.
 
Happily munching on the food, she swung her legs back and forth, savouring the splendid view of the Academy. Her short time of enjoyment came to a stop when she felt someone approach her from behind.
 
Micha instantly stood and turned around swiftly. She was genuinely surprised to see him.
 
The male greeted her with a slight nod, and took the opportunity of her silence to join her on the high platform and sit down. Micha swallowed her breath and stared down at the vampire who silently sat near her feet, and took out a white bun, and began to chew into it. His wavy locks swayed gently in the breeze, and his scent almost made her drool.
 
She only realised that her legs were trembling, and she didn’t like it. Micha didn’t want to show how affected she was from his presence. She quietly sat down, and when their thighs brushed, she caught how he inhaled sharply.
 
Micha ignored him and resumed eating her sandwich, that didn’t taste so delightful anymore. She was too busy trying to avert her thoughts from the quiet boy beside her. It would be a very strange sight, if someone were to walk in and see the pair sitting together, having lunch.
 
Micha wasn’t used to the silence, but the silence was awkward.
 
She heard Kai scrunch up the foil that held his bun and stare blankly at the sight below their feet. He looked like a statue- stoic and still.
 
“About last night…” His voice pulled Micha from her thoughts.
 
She hesitantly diverted her attention to the vampire.
 
He turned to face her, and Micha froze as his dark eyes connected with her murky ones. Whatever Kai wanted to say, his lips had stilled and his eyes raked intently over every inch of her face. Micha watched as his throat moved as he took several gulps.
 
“It’s fine. You can sleep in my room as long as you want.” She replied breathlessly, turning away to finish the remnants of her sandwich.
 
Micha heard a curse emit from his lips, and then she felt his cold hand on her elbow. Micha froze and rigidly turned her head to face his mesmerising, brown eyes again.
 
“That’s not what I want to talk about.” He said.
 
“T-then what?” Micha blinked, quite puzzled.
 
Kai closed his eyes and then opened them up again, only to make Micha silently swoon over his chocolate eyes and handsome features. “I don’t want to beat around the bush, but was I rejected?” He asked, his words laced with wariness and slight fury.
 
Micha blinked again, “Huh?” She said breathlessly.
 
Kai looked frustrated for a millisecond, as he released her elbow and raked both his hands into his locks of hair. He faced forwards, a noticeable scowl sitting on his face. He decided to succumb to the awkward silence that previously blanketed the two. Micha finished her sandwich and cast Kai a cautious gaze. 
 
She studied Kai for a moment, and something within her chest made her want to desire him. 
 
D.O’s words suddenly hammered into her head, and she realised that without a doubt, she had to obey his words. She needed to be Queen, and with that, she must accept Kai’s acquaintance. She couldn’t allow that bastard Xero to reign over the vampires. She wouldn’t forgive herself for being selfish, and let his reign consequently rile up chaos in the kingdom.
 
“Jongin.” She said.
 
Kai went stiff, but he refused to turn around.
 
Micha shifted closer to his side, until their thighs were squished together, and their arms close. She lifted her hand to reach for his, which laid clenched on his lap but the confidence to grab him left. She simply closed her fingers and placed it back on her side. Instead, she leaned towards Kai, and placed her temple against his shoulder, “I’m sorry.” She whispered.
 
Confused, and somehow very jittery, Kai whipped his had around, and saw her- his destined one resting her head on his broad shoulder. He could feel their connection, humming through his blood. He raised his fingers, and drew it through her long hair. He smiled softly, knowing that his thoughts had been right. Her hair was indeed soft, and silky against his skin, and that alone made Kai wonder- how would her lips feel, if her hair was this soft and pleasurable against his skin.
 
“I’m sorry that I ran away.” She spoke again, freezing his fingers from twirling around her hair. 
 
“Why did you run away?” Kai found himself saying, his voice firm.
 
Micha shook her head and eased away from Kai’s warm shoulder. Her gaze caught his, and he had to calm himself from the energetic vibes that racked his body. Her eyes captivated him entirely, and it took a moment for Kai to not sink into her eyes and actually listen to the words she was saying.
 
“Let’s not think about that. I just want us to try again. Can we?” She asked, her eyes begging him.
 
Kai did not expect that.
 
He was sure she was going to conjure a few harsh words, before she left him again to deal with the despair of being rejected.
 
“Are sure you want to do that? Do this?” Kai asked, gesturing to the both of them.
 
Micha scrunched her brows together, “You don’t want me?”
 
Kai cursed, “Of course I do, and it’s just that I want to make sure that you want me.”
 
Micha heaved a hearty laugh. She abruptly jumped onto her feet, and caught the strap of her bag, slipping it over her shoulder. She leaped from the platform, and onto lower ground, staring up at Kai with caged amusement. “We’ll discuss later tonight, okay?”
 
For the first time, Kai smiled at the girl. “We shall.”
 
The girl beamed and left.
 
At her absence, the smile on his lips disappeared and he reluctantly forced himself onto his feet. He stared blankly at the scene of the school, and shook his head in distaste. He wasn’t fond of heights; it always placed a queasy feeling in his stomach. Casting the view one last glance, he hopped away from the platform and at that short moment, his mobile ran in his pocket.
 
He deftly fished it out from the jacket of his uniform and answered it.
 
“Have you found her yet?” The stern voice from the other line made the blood in Kai’s system boil in mute rage. He had to clench his teeth together to prevent himself from throwing profanities to the person.
 
“Yes. I found her.” He gritted out.
 
A short sigh of approval rang from his mobile. “Good job Jongin-“
 
“It’s Kai.” Kai barked.
 
“Kai.” The receiver of his yell reluctantly said.
 
“What do you want Xero?” Kai hissed.
 
“Tsk, tsk, tsk. If I were you, I would cease that haughty tongue of yours. You know clearly that I am your boss, and that you abide by my instructions. That aside, I’m pleased that you have managed to seek out the princess. For now, lay low until I call again. Okay Kai?”
 
Kai growled, “Of course.”
 
Instantly, Kai cut the line and buried his face into his palm.
 
What was he doing?