Chapter Five

Litatio

 

 

 

What came next were the best years of Kyungsoo’s life. He finally had someone who cared for him and loved him the way he deserved to be loved, there finally was someone to share laughter with when he was happy, to cry with when he felt sad or to take care of when he felt like being the mature one for once.

Until those years of his life, Kyungsoo never understood what it feels like to have someone to love or to worry about. It was just him on his own, lonely in his deserted palace. All he ever saw were distant glances, cold faces and all he ever got from their tight lips were hollow words with no real meaning.

And then, Jongin came around. Despite his ugly past, the boy was full of life and colors, had his curious and still naïve mind and didn’t really worry about anything besides getting something to eat.

That was when their lives crushed into each other. The consequences were immense, but none of them really care enough to fix their broken routines, instead the two boys chose to lace their fates together and enjoyed each other­’s companion.

For Kyungsoo, Jongin was interesting and intriguing. The younger boy was always like an open book, ready for anyone to read. His emotions were often conveyed on his face and he was never really a good liar. However, the more Kyungsoo spent his time with Jongin, the more he found this impression wrong.

Jongin indeed wasn’t a good liar. But he wasn’t that simple at all. In the body of a boy with never fading smile on his face was a person ready to fight for what is dear to him and brave enough to stand up against his own biggest fears.

And that is what Jongin was going to do.

Because his biggest fear is a world without Kyungsoo.

 

 

The younger boy gazes at the other as he lets his fingers thread through Kyungsoo’s hair. His eyes linger on the boy’s, fixed on a page in a book he surely isn’t reading- Jongin can tell because his eyes haven’t moved an inch for almost a minute. The younger then shifts his gaze down a bit, focusing on Kyungsoo’s plump lips, now formed into a thin line as his eyebrows furrow and he frowns.

“A penny for your thoughts?”

Kyungsoo looks up startled and blinks a few times. “How long are you been here? You could have said something.”

Jongin chuckles. “I did. But you were lost somewhere in your dreamland and didn’t even notice when I started playing with your hair. What were you thinking about?”

“Nothing important,” replies the older as his cheeks flush a pretty pink color. The other boy just smiles and shifts closer to him, wrapping his arms around Kyungsoo’s waist and laying his chin on the boy’s petite shoulder. Kyungsoo turns his head a bit to place a chaste kiss on his cheek. “Why are you so clingy today?”

“No reason,” says Jongin, a mysterious grin on his face. Leaning in, he places a few pecks on Kyungsoo’s lips, moving one of his hands from the boy’s waist to his cheek to hold his face in place. “Might be because you are extra cute today. Or maybe it’s just that I love you more and more with every day~”

The older boy makes a face in feigned disgust and tries to push his face away. “Ew, stop being so gross, please.”

Jongin sticks out his tongue at him and then proceeds to his chin playfully. “You know you love it.”

“Yeah, sure,” replies Kyungsoo through his laughter.

The both boys play together for a while longer, laughing and sharing sweet kisses some more until the sky behind Kyungsoo’s window gradually turns dark with bright specks of stars becoming visible.

Jongin places his lips onto the older boy’s once more, while his hands rest on Kyungsoo’s hips. The boy’s arms are shyly wrapped around his neck, bringing their bodies even closer as Kyungsoo straddles Jongin’s waist, leaning into the kiss and forcing him to lean his back on the headboard of his bed. Both of their eyes flutter closed while they lips mold together, exchanging some saliva and their hearts with it.

Their hands eventually slip gingerly under the clothes to feel the flawless skin and relish in the warmth of each other’s flesh. Shirts are long discarded and the room is filled with soft whimpers when Jongin pulls away to look into his hyung’s eyes.

“You know I love you, right?”

Kyungsoo gives a shy nod and Jongin thinks he looks the most beautiful right now and it’s because he made him like this- his lips parted and well-kissed, his cheek painted a pretty pink color and his eyes clouded with some unreadable emotion.

“Do you trust me?”

Another nod is given and Jongin lays Kyungsoo down on his back, hovering over him while gently kissing the boys jawline.

“Then let me love you tonight,” with that, their lips come together again and throughout the night they part only to whisper silent ‘I love you’s every once in a while.

 

 

The sun is nearing the horizon and the last sunrays paint the sky a beautiful orange color, the twilight reflecting in the clear blue water as Jongin leans on the bridge railing, watching the everyday miracle happening in front of him with dull eyes.

It never leaves his mind.

When he sleeps, eats, lives his daily life. When he smiles at Kyungsoo, kisses him, makes love to him; when he watches him sleep, always.

Because everything is transient, fleeting, and Jongin’s mind just can’t wrap around the fact.

Nothing was ever as important to Jongin as Kyungsoo. And now, in just a year, he should lose him? That is just… unacceptable.

Jongin sighs dramatically and lets himself drop down on the ground. Turning his back to the fading aura of pink, red and orange, he hides his face in his knees as his arm come to sneak around his legs and bring them to his chest. Just what should he do?

Why is Kyungsoo just so perfect?! Why can’t he be more selfish? If he could just run away with him, somewhere where no one finds them… But what would be with Minseok?

So he would die… who cares? says the more desperate half of Jongin’s soul as he grasps his hair in misery.

But then the other half throws the thought away and if he wasn’t miserable enough, Jongin would slap himself.

Kyungsoo would never allow that. He is just too… selfless. But that’s why you love him, right?

Because yeah, Jongin does. Like nothing else. Kyungsoo is like his sanity and if he dies, what is the reason for Jongin to live on?

“Hey, you. Are you okay?” Jongin looks up startled and comes face to face with a boy who observes him carefully, his feline eyes narrowing at his sullen expression.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” he replies, trying to not fidget under this stranger’s uncomfortable gaze.

After observing him some more, the boy smiles a happy smile and plops onto the ground beside him. “I haven’t seen you around here before. What’s your name?”

“It depends. Who is asking?”

The stranger snorts and the two of them stay silent as the boys intently watch the river flowing under them.

“I’m Jongdae, and you are desperate.”

“What?”

“Nothing. So what is your name?”

“Uhm… Jongin?”

“I see. So, why so depressed?”

Jongin rolls his eyes at the curious stranger but decides to spill none the less. He hasn’t talk to anyone about this like ever (what with Kyungsoo being almost the only person he ever talks with) and it felt kind of good to confide in someone.

“My friend is about to die. Wait, no. The love of my life is going to die.”

The silence that comes from Jongdae after that is not awkward or pitiful. It’s comfortable and what surprises Jongin; when he looks into the boy’s eyes, they are filled with understanding.

“I see. You know, I kind of know that feeling.”

 

 

 


A/N Lol xD  Okay, so first - I'm sorry it's so late. Like really sorry, I didn't think it will take so long, but you know.... I'm super lazy xD But hey, we are getting to the more interesting part :P (Plus kaisoo fluff, yay :D)

Second - Thanks to readers, subscribers and everyone who likes the story; it means an awful lot to me ;)

Did I mentoin I love comments?

 

Some other rant:  So wanted to start another kaisoo story, it would be a comedy (you may not know it, but I swear I'm funny xD) and fantasy :) Including: A desperate and depressed sorcerer's apprentice, a naive dryad, a lot of other mythical creatures, a sissy 60 years old princess who is really just dumb and senile and sooooo much more ^^ So, would someone here read it? :)

 

So yeah, kakao talk anyone? My ID is chriss_vo, please talk to me ^^

 

See you when I decide to update again!! :)