Ch 2: The School

I found out, but my Lips are Sealed.


 

I got off the bus the same time as the guy and walked to the school, behind him.

I was really curious on who he was since he had a mask on, but decided to not bother about it. I understand that people need their time alone and peace, if he wanted to talk to me, I know he would've but he didn't so I guess he doesn't but that didn't bother me at all really, since he didn't talk to anyone except for that girl earlier.

Soon the school was insight.

We walked onto campus, there were only a couple kids around, it was still pretty early.

I saw the guy look at the school, he seemed like he was lost. *It wouldn't hurt if I helped out...* I thought and walked up to him.

"Um...you seem lost, I could show you the office..." I said as I got closer to him.

He turned his head in the opposite way. I decided be not bothered about that and continued to say what I came to do.

"Im guessing your new? I'm  Jieun, I can show you the office, you don't need to tell me your name or anything, I could just help you out." 

He seemed to relax and bit and nodded, still not facing me.

"This way" I said and walked towards the office.

I looked back once in awhile to make sure he was behind me since the halls were starting to get more crowded.

I reached the office and walked in, they don't have a door for some reason...I asked them why and they always said that it was easier like that. I guessed because they always had to carry papers and such so they didn't need a door? lol idk haha.

As soon as i walked in, they greeted me and I greeted back. I was considered, "Popular and Perfect" but I didn't think I was, I just thought I was just well known among the sudents and staff. I asked some students why people thought that and they would say because I get A's and im nice, they also said im a queenka, but a nice one, I didn't even know that I was considered one until they told me, I knew the other queekas they were talking about...they were rude and would bully other students but I would always help out their 'victim' as much as I can. I do help people out, but I don't get how that makes me 'perfect', I just naturally help people, and it makes me feel happy to know that I could help.

I walked to the front desk,

"Ma'am, there is a new student today." I informed her.

"There is?...." She said as she checked her papers.

"Oh! Yes there is... K-" She said but stopped as her eyes widen.

"Um..Ma'am, is there something wrong?" I asked, confused on why she suddenly stopped.

"hm? oh aniyo, I notice there was a misspelling... you may head to class now and rest, its still pretty early. Thank you for helping him find his way here." She said and smiled. I bowed her and the guy before heading to my class.

I arrive at class and all eyes was on me.

I made my way to my seat and took out books for this lesson. I saw some students at the door taking peeking in looking at me nervously, they looked like they were from the younger class. I smiled and told them to come over,

"um...c-can you help us with these problems?..." A girl asked softly, with her head down. 

"Sure, why don't you guys take a seat and I will help you" I smiled.

They girl seemed to become less tense. I asked them what problems they couldn't get and showed them how to do it, I told them to try the other problems to see if they got it, and they did. They had a wide smile when they finally understood it and thanked me.

"Uwa~~ I haven't been able to understand this at all until now, Kamsahamnida."

"Sunbae is so smart, thank you! I finally understand it." 

"Sunbae, thank you so much, im really sorry we bothered you..."

"Haha, aniya, I was glad I could help, come to me when you can't understand something araseo? The teacher is coming soon, you guys should head back so you guys aren't late, ppali ppalii." I said playfully, which made them laugh. 

They bowed and hurried to their class.

The teacher arrived, with the the guy earlier trailing behind.

"Ok class, settle down. We have a new student today." 

The guy just raised his hand up, then put it back down. I guess that was his way of saying hello?

The class started whispering, but the teacher told them to quiet down again.

"He is sick, that is why he is where the mask. He also requested to be left in peace and not bothered, so continued to do what you do." The teacher said and told him to go take an empty seat in the back.

He went to the back and took the seat behind me. I guess he sat there because he wanted a window seat. The teacher started the lesson and I would copy down the notes adding little messages that makes it more understandable, not because I needed them, but incase someone didn't understand the lesson, I would lend them my notes and explain it to them, piece by piece.

During the lesson I looked back and noticed he was sleeping, he woke up when the teacher hit the board with her ruler to get everyones attention. She gave us a quiz, to see if we understood the lesson. I finished and was asked to collect all of the sheets. 

The bell rang and the class emptied, I look back and noticed that he was back to sleeping.

*I wonder how he did on the test if he just slept like that...* I thought and packed up my things

"Jieun-ah, do you mind correcting these for me? the one that is named 'KMSL' is the new kid." The teacher asked me

"Sure" I said and could see that she was relieved I didn't ask anymore questions about the new kid.

I sat at my seat and corrected them.

The last one I needed to do was 'KMSL' I looked at all the answers and was really suprises.

*He got......all of them.......correct.I thought suprised and looked behind me. He was still sleeping. he must be really tired...

*I can't believe he slept through the whole lesson and ace the quiz... he must be a genius...* I thought and handed the papers back to the teacher.

I was about to leave but decided to leave a little message for him.

 

??????'s POV

I woke up and found a sticky note on my desk.

 

                        Annyeong~!

                                The teacher was about to wake you up, I told her to let you sleep,

                                since you looked really tired ever since this morning at the bus stop. 

                               You must be really smart because I saw that you slept through the whole

                               lesson and got all the answers correct on the quiz. Jinjja dae~bak! 

                               But even if you know all the answers you should at least pretend to listen to 

                               the lesson, it would make the teacher feel a bit more pleased to know that your

                               'listening' to her lesson. Haha, oh,  im Jieun, Lee Jieun but some people call me IUI sit 

                               right in front of you, so if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask! ^^ 

                                                              - Jieun

 

 

*I'm so glad she doesn't bother to ask who I am* I thought smiling at the piece of paper.

I put it in my notebook while grabbing my things and headed out.

 

Jieun's POV

I walked into the cafeteria and went to the table i usually sit at.

*I wonder if he woke up yet? Is he gonna eat?...* I thought as I placed my tray on the table.

I have friends but not close friends, so I sit at an empty table and help students who come up and ask questions.

 

"Did you guys see the new guy? He looks so hot..." I heard a girl beside my table whisper to her friends. 

"i know right and he is so mysterious. No one knows his name..." 

"He does look hot... even though he's wearing a mask, he looks H.O.T" The girl spelled out.

*Are they talking about KMSL?*

"guys look, there he is" One of the girl squealed and starting glancing behind them. 

I turned around and see him walking into the cafeteria.

Murmurs and squeals start to break out among the girls, except me, as he enters. They start giggling and pointed at him, "omg he is hot."

"What's his name?" "Is he taken?" 

The whole cafeteria's attention was on him. I just turned back to my lunch and continued eating. I looked back up and see him ignoring all of attention he is getting and just got his lunch.

Some girls walked up to him and tried to flirt with him but he just shook them off. 

"Hey hottie~~" I heard a squeaky girl voice. 

All the girls around him eyes widened and they immediately move away from him.

 

You could hear heels clicking as the whole cafeteria went silence.

"omo~ Oppa~~ you must be new here. Would you like to sit with us?" Jiyeon said batting her eyelashes trying to be flirty.

*eww..* I cringe at the sight and looked away before I threw up...

Jiyeon and her group of 'friends' were queenkas, they would bully and push around other students who couldn't defend themselves. All the students were basically afraid of them, i mean they are 'pretty' so all the jocks and such follow their orders and will do anything for their 'queens', so the other kids knew not to get in their way.

The cafeteria was still silent. I looked up to see what was going on, and saw him looking at the food decided on what to chose, Jiyeon tried to cling onto his arm, but when ever she made contact with him, he scoot over. 

I let out a little giggle quietly at the sight. It looks like someone was trying to catch something but couldn't because it would always move. 

"Oppa~~ Come sit with us please~~" She tried again pouting.

He just continued to ignore her and paid for his food. She was still trailing behind him trying to talk to him. He suddenly stopped in the middle of the cafeteria.
Jiyeon took this chance to grab onto him, but right before she could, he walked over to an empty table beside mine.

He sat down with his back facing everyone, I saw him lower his mask and started eating. Everyone's attention was still on him, I decided to let him be and looked at some of the students around and told them to continue what they were doing, and they nodded and returned to their conversations. Soon everyone went back to what they were doing but the queenkas and jocks were still looking at him, the jocks were more like glaring at him. I think he knew they were coming since he pulled his mask back up. As they got closer he stood up and threw away his trash and was about to walk off but one of the jocks grabbed his shoulder and pulled him back. 

"Oppa~~ Do you wanna go out with me?" Jiyeon said while twisting her hair, being all flirty.

"No." He said with no emotion and walked off. 

The cafeteria was so suprised by his action. No one ever rejected the 'queenkas' especially Jiyeon. 

I looked at Jiyeon and could tell that she was . pissed. off.

"ARGH! How can he reject ME?!?" She said angrily and stomped off, with her friends trailing behind her. Everyone were a bit amused since no one has ever rejected her and this was the first time, but they were scared now that Jiyeon was mad, if anyone even looks at her she will probably hurt them.

Soon the bell rang and everyone went to their classes. I walked in and saw KMSL with his head on the table. Guessing he was sleeping.

I sat down in my seat and took out my books. Soon the class was filled with all the students and the teacher came in. The teacher noticed that KMSL was sleeping so he walked over and whacked his desk to make him wake up which it did. 

During the lesson I would turn around and see him looking out the window. 

Soon class ended and everyone left. I stayed back a little just in case anybody needed help understanding the subject. Some kids came in and i helped them and then it was getting late so I decided to head home. I was about to leave when I heard someone singing in the auditorium. 

*wouldn't hurt to check who it was...* I though and quietly opened the door.

The auditorium was dark but the only light on was shining on stage. 

"I love you neoreul saranghae, chama hajimotan mal, tteollineun gaseumi nae mami, neul sumgyowatdeon geureonmal..."

*Isn't that Myungsoo's voice?...* I thought as I saw a figure sitting on the stage.

*ring* ring* 

I almost panicked thinking it was my phone but turns out it was the person on the stage.

"Yoboseyo?.....deh hyung, school is fine. No one knows im L or Myungsoo...No one asked, there is this one girl though who helped me out alot but she didn't ask for my name...ya, stop talking nonsense...yes there was, this really clingy person at lunch *sigh*....I am at the school's auditorium..yea, im pretty sure im alone....Of course not, Im not stupid to tell anyone im Infinite L, if I did, I wouldn't be talking to you right now...araseo annyeong." 

*Infinite....L?! No way...my bias can not be in the same school as me...impossible..* 

"Gah this mask is really bothering me" He said as he took it off.

No One's POV

Jieun's eyes widen as he unmask his face.

"k-kim M-myungsoo..." she muttered.

Myungsoo seem to have heard it since it was completely silent in the auditorium.

"Who's there?" He asked nervously, while immediately putting his mask back on.

Jieun seemed to snap out of her daze when he spoke up and ran out the door.

"Y-ya! Aish, i am so dead..." Myungsoo muttered and ran out the door Jieun left. 

"Aish...where are they...." Myungsoo said ruffling his hair, fustrated. He saw an ID card not far from the door and picked it up.

ID: Lee Jieun 

"So it was her...*sigh* gotta prepare for the worst tomorrow myungsoo" He said and walked to his dorm taking the ID card with him.