Ch 8: Remember?

I found out, but my Lips are Sealed.

I was on the way back to class with a slight smile knowing I could help Myungsoo once again, but it was gone the moment something didn’t feel right. Glancing over my shoulder to see if anyone was behind me, *there’s no one… maybe i’m just paranoid…* I shook it off and hurried back to class.

 

*I wonder how he’s doing…* I thought as I looked out the window but drew my attention to the door that had just opened. “Well because of the interruption, class is canceled because of limited time.” The teacher announced and cheers erupted around the class. I laid my head down, *some rest would be nice…* I said slowly drifting off, my head rested against my arm that had rested on the desk.

 

*Time pass*

 

I left out a deep breath before fluttering my eyes little by little opening them, and stretch out my arms, * that was nice, good rest and unbothered* I thought and looked out the window to see everyone chatting along with their friends.

*bzz-bzz*

I reached down to my bag and grabbed my phone.

 

unknown:

    Tied to the prize. I want that prize but you’re in the way, tied to the prize. Cut.

 

My eyes widen in confusion, I reread the message. Tied to the prize? what prize, I’m in the way?…why does it sound so familiar…

 

-to be continued…-


















 

My eyes widen as I pieced together the similarity, standing in the way… only one other person had ever threatened me with that…


 

Park Jiyeon. I stared at the message in horror. She knows.



 

I quickly stacked my books and rushed out the door, running down the halls and finally outside,

“Where i-is Ji-yeon?” I asked someone nearby. The person stumbled back a couple steps out of shock but quickly pointed somewhere. “thank you” I said before running off into the direction they had pointed to, and there she was.

 

I walked up to her and grabbed her wrist yanking her along with me. I stopped in the middle of an empty corridor..

 

“It must be kept a secret.”

 

“What are you talking about” she smirked.

“or else…” i glared at her.

“Or else what? keeping it a secret? secret my a**, the only thing that will be a secret is the truth about you and him. Your.in.my.way.” She glared back.

“I’m trying to protect him.” i stared straight into her eyes.

“What if I don’t?” She leaned back and smirked.

 

I looked at her then closed my eyes. “Then you win.” I sighed and gently took out a folded piece of paper tucked into my shoe. I looked at it with a sad smile as I unfolded it.

She took a few steps back in shock, her eyes widen, “t-that...you still have it...why..how...” I gave her a sad smile before separating the piece, tearing it in half and letting the 2 pieces float to the ground.

“I’ll let you win, only if you keep it a secret.” I said before walking off.

 

*it’s been 8 years… I’ll let you win, after all you were my friend.* I thought as a warm substance slid down my cheeks, then to the cold hard floor.

 

-Flashback-

 

“Ya Jiyeon!”

“hehe catch me~”

“Give me back my pen!” I yelled as I chased Jiyeon around the playground while she waved my pen around in the air running away from me.

“Jiyeon pleaseee i’m getting tired” She stopped.

“Ok finee” After she gave me my pen back we both laughed and continued drawing in our notebooks.

“Jieun-ah help me finish this” She called out to me.

“Oh- what does this say?” I looked at her picture curiously.

“here help me finish it first” She said and instructed me on what to do.

 

 Jieun & Jiyeon

Forever Friends   

 

Around it was flowers and stick figures of what we did together.

“Forever friends?” Jiyeon helded up her pinky.

“Forever” I smiled widely and wrapped my pinky around hers

 

-end of flashback-