Classes of class.

Chick (Dragon)'s Flick.

 


Five

 

 

Kris has found himself alone, sweating uncontrollably in the Chemistry lab as he was planning an experiment on a thermo-chemistry reaction. His lab partner, Joonmyeon or better known as Suho among their batch, isn’t helping him, at all.

   The burning Styrofoam cup in his palm makes everything much worst. The teacher, Mr. Jung closes the fans and opens the lights on purpose –as he would say that experiments should be done in the room temperature and in the bright condition which dismays him.

   He glances over the clipboard on the edge of the grey lab table and momentarily takes a deep sigh. Chemistry and he would never be in the same picture. And how fool he is to take the disinterested subject?

   “Because of a certain boy called Kim Jongin.” Chanyeol states as he walks pass the table with measuring cylinder in his hand when he stumbles upon them the moment Kris was asking Suho why he had been in the ing lab for almost half an hour, feverishly doing the experiment.

   Suho could only snickers whilst he handing a thermometer to Kris to put in the cup.

   The said man scoffs, putting the thermometer given by Suho carelessly into the cup but then he gasping on the cold liquid stained on him.

   He furrows the brows, watching intently into the cup and trying to figure on how the hot Styrofoam cup could hold the cold liquid in it.

   “You’re fool!” Suho exclaims and hollers in fright. He quickly dismisses the cup from Kris’ grasp and rushes the dazed blond to the nearby sink, washing thorough his right hand from the liquid previously. “You should wash your hand quickly because for heaven’s sake, it’s a chemical substance that you’re holding on which could damage your skin for the real sake and you could ignore it just like that!”

   Kris could even gives any damn for him, this chemical experiment leaves him intrigued even he has some red patches of rash on the back of his right hand.

   Suho walks to the front and informs their teacher about the situation and Kris has been excused for the rest of his class which turns out he has to stay in the infirmary until lunch break. Suho accompanies him to the room, keeps on babbling how oblivious he could be and to the end of his advice which Kris couldn’t help but to grin widely.

   “I’ll let you lend my report.”

   “Thank you so much Joonmyeon. You’re my guardian indeed.” Kris chuckles pleasurably as he steps into the infirmary.

   Suho rolls his eyes in irritation whilst turns his heel around not after he reports to the nurse on duty about Kris’s condition.

 

“Say what-“

   Kai is having a terrible time on focusing in his English class as he isn’t a bright student… in that area but hey, he still could understand the broken one! It has a good side too, right?

   Maybe he is too positive to think about that.

   His American teacher isn’t the best when it comes to the spelling and grammar. He had has enough time dealing with that grumpy sixty years old teacher by arguing with the verbs and the word; ‘save/safe’.

   He tends to have the most common mistakes in the English class but that doesn’t mean that he couldn’t pronounce it correctly.

   That’s when the teacher wants her students are having pronunciation practice and some writing skill with him. They have to write three sentences; a simple, a compound and a complex sentence. Then, they have to read the sentences in front of the class.

   Wow. He feels like he back to the kindergarten where he told his friends about his vacation in Hawaii during summer.

   “Okay, class now we’ll be head to one person to another so get prepare with your sentences because I would give a remark to each wrong sentences.

   That’s when Kai’s hands feel clammy and sweating all of sudden. The blood drains from his face to the neck and slowly turns his head into a completely pale white. His desk-mate, Sehun raises an eyebrow staring at the sickly Kai when he grits his teeth too hard.

   “Hey.” Sehun nudges the boy.

   Kai feels his heart beats more faster when one by one of the students in his row stands up, read the sentences, lowers down the head upon hearing the harsh rebuffs from the teacher, slowly nods in acknowledgement and mutters a faint ‘thank you’ before sitting back on their seat with a gloomy expression.

   Sehun sighs and bangs his palm on Kai’s desk louder, making the boy snaps from his anxiety trance.

   “What the ?” Kai’s face horrifies as he senses the teacher slowly padding towards them.

   The sighing Sehun raises his hand nonchalantly and the teacher gestured towards their paired up seats arrangement.

   “What could I help you, lads as both of you are halting the class now?” The teacher couldn’t be more rather than sarcasm in her voice. The whole class snickers once they take a good look at the grimace drawn on both of Sehun and Kai’s face.

   “Actually-“Kai’s thumb twiddles with his forefinger and his lips become dry when he stares directly at the teacher in front of him.

   “Kai has a slight cold and his face seems so face till I’m pretty scared that he could faint in your class.” Sehun shrugs dismissively, glancing to the baffled Kai beside him. “Could he stay in the infirmary, Mrs. Heather?”

   The teacher, Mrs. Heather eyes Kai thoroughly before she nodding curtly. “Well, he seems sick to me and maybe he should dismiss the class earlier. What do you think, Mr. Kim Jongin.”

   Kai feels a big humiliation runs through his veins when he saw the accusing look in Mrs. Heather but still it’s better than spending in this languidly class with bored. He shifts in his seat replying a faint ‘yes’ in his strained voice.

   Bowing slightly at teacher, he quickly packs his things and shoves everything into his bag before stepping out from that stuffier English class. For once, he feels that he could breathe freely without wracking his brain to think about the verbal communication of English.

   He strides heedlessly to the infirmary in the second floor.

   Never has he known, he collides with someone the moment he opens the infirmary door.

   “That’s one of the Brownian motion, dude.”

 

 


Huh? Ahah. Double updates! Yay! So, as I would like to say, thanks for the comments, upvotes and uh… the peoples who are subscribing and not to forget to read this lame piece of crap. Hah, I’m so happy despite busy myself with the classes that never end. Uh, just forget about it. Now, happy reading!